Batman: Arkham Knight

+
Don't get me wrong, I don't fault the devs for adding the Batmobile, I just don't think it's a big deal, certainly not a selling point for me. I view it as a cool little addition that I'll spend 20-30 minutes with, probably, unless they force me to use it for extended periods of time. So yeah, wouldn't say I'm hyped for it, it's just sort of there and that's fine. Infinitely more interested in the story and how they've improved the combat/stealth mechanics.

As long as they make the game challenging and fun to play, that's all that matters.

As long as they make the game challenging and fun to play, that's all that matters.

Agreed, everyone will take from it what they will. Me on the other hand, I kinda take my sweet-ass time with games like this, like most open world games. I mean I was playing AC only yesterday, just patrolling the city, taking down suckas!

I look forward to some new enemy types as well, Ninja's and one armed Russians are too easy now!

New screenshot.

Ace Chemicals Part 3

Scarecrow PS4 Exclusive Trailer

[video=youtube_share;JluTid8Y1-o]http://youtu.be/JluTid8Y1-o[/video]

Last edited:
"I'm going to show the Arkham Knight what happens when he messes with my city" bad-ass! :D
I loved that last trailer, seeing some new combat moves, and now the enemies can counter your attacks too, oh hell yes!
At the very end of the trailer though.. the scarecrow nightmare mission will be PS4 exclusive? That doesn't sound good. Just like the Christian Bale Batman suit, that's only for PS4 as well, and I'd really love to have that outfit. The Arkham Knight never stood a chance against the batmobile :D

Tell you truth i'd prefer that they abandon the big, empty and bit repetitive city and focus on a small but massively detailed environment with a good, tight plot. We could just return to a rebuilt and improved Arkham Asylum or instead let us be trapped or abandoned in say Wayne Manor, make it a very personal story to Bruce and explore more about him and his past and development.

But that's just me.

I loved AA, talk about a game that realized its setting to a pitch perfect degree. But I loved the freedom of the roof tops in AC even more. That's who Batman is to me, this guy who prowls the high points of a city looking for crime. I spent hours just griefing thugs and gaining XP. So much fun. AC was also extremely detailed for an open world. I think Rocksteady rivals CDPR in their environment design. Looking at these screen shots...I'm a bit disappointed. I feel they went too futuristic. Gotham doesn't have that noir 1920s feel and the tech is a bit over the top for me.

Last edited:
Yeah, for me the tech part is ok, only the bat-suit is too futuristic kinda like a metal-man feeling. Sure they have a good reason for it with the Arkham Knight's army having big guns and all but still. If the oldtown will be in the city here, then maybe that area will have that noir feeling. This time when you look inside windows from the streets, even the interiors will be detailed. I'm sure they'll do a good job, though it will be tough to overcome AC I think. That game was, like you said perfect in every sense.

Last edited:
It's been rated M for Mature.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/24/batman-arkham-knight-shows-bruce-wayne-at-his-darkest

"From our point of view, we never wrote it or made it with a rating in mind. We never did that in the previous two games... We just felt that this is the story that we really wanted to tell. In terms of creating the story, with such strong characters, sometimes they lead you in interesting directions. They lead you because you know who they are and you build the world around that."

The last Arkham games pushed the limits of the T rating in their darkest moments. Hill wouldn't share any specific examples of how Arkham Knight "beat" those games, though he did generally explain why things are going to be more dire than ever for the caped crusader.

"As the end of the trilogy, we have every villain in Gotham working together to destroy Batman," Hill said. "It's unavoidable that some bad stuff is going to happen. But that doesn't mean we changed our approach. We're not including gratuitous blood or swearing. We want to deliver a true end with no compromises, and it takes us to some dark places."

He continued, 'Themes are more mature to some extent. At the same time it's balanced as it's always been. This isn't the case of stripped back Batman. In the case of Arkham Knight, Batman is at his peak and most powerful. That's why they also have to push him harder than before. You still get the power fantasy of being the Batman. But to counter that strength, the super villains are going to fight dirty and take him to dark places."

Warner Bros did a ratings analysis on Arkham Knight and pointed out key scenes that will cause "issues."

Earlier in the development process, Hill received an email from Warner Bros that could have drastically changed the game's direction. WB did a ratings analysis on Arkham Knight and pointed out key scenes that will cause "issues."

"I was really freaked out because the solution was to lose the scenes," Hill said. "But they were key scenes! We couldn't lose them! I got the email. I'm freaked out. I thought this was going to destroy the game, everything I'm passionate about... I was building myself up for this big argument. I didn't get much sleep..."

"I got on the phone the next day with Ames Kirshen, the VP of Production at Warner Bros. Interactive," Hill continued. "The first thing he asked me was what I wanted to do."

So Hill told him, and that was that.

One potential downside to earning an M rating is that nobody under 17 years old can buy the game without the help of an adult. Hill was aware of this, but he said keeping the game "mass market" wasn't the correct solution.

"I'm not blind to the fact that [the M rating] does mean some fans will miss out... I don't want to be oblivious to that fact. It would have been wrong to water down the game and deliver a story we didn't believe in to keep the game "mass market" or enable it for more people. We feel that's the wrong way to go about it. We said we love the story and we don't want to jepoardize that."

I just noticed that Scarecrow's VA is actually John Noble who is playing in the series called Sleepy Hollow. I knew that I heard somewhere him, I knew...

Now keep cutting off more bullshit and drop the DRM. That's drawing away more customers than a mature rating. Both Arkhams so far are some of the most heavily DRMed games I know.

Now keep cutting off more bullshit and drop the DRM. That's drawing away more customers than a mature rating. Both Arkhams so far are some of the most heavily DRMed games I know.

I surely won't touch anything like that :) Not sure what to say about WB. On one hand they joined GOG, but no recent high profile games from them are there yet. On the other hand their last fiasco with Veronica Mars, when they polluted Kickstarter funded release with DRM, shows that top execs at WB just can't act like normal people (unless films and gaming divisions are totally independent there in this regard).

Top Bottom