BUG: Frame Generation causing Stuttering on 4070ti + intel CPU

+
I'm running a 4070ti with an i5 13600k CPU and 32GB of high speed RAM and the fastest SSD I could find. It's a recently new machine. I've seen other people with similar builds with no stuttering issues, so I'm curious as to why I'm getting this only with FG enabled.

I am playing at 4K, DLSS Performance, RR, Pathtracing enabled, and FG with Digital Foundry's optimized settings (tweaked for newest options). This gets me 60+fps most of the time. It only starts stuttering when I'm actually in Night City, it goes from 60+fps to like 2fps and back again. It does NOT stutter during instanced/scripted areas where you can't free roam (the intro rescue mission, the whole konpeki plaza section and everything up until Misty brings you home to rest. etc.). If I turn FG off, it no longer stutters, but of course I no longer hit 60fps.

I'm not sure where the problem is, it doesn't stutter at 1440p, or in 4K ultra performance with all the same settings enabled. I don't know if I'm getting bottlenecked somewhere, or if something is overheating, but my temps seem fine.

I've tried shutting down all background apps to free up resources, disabled overlays, adjusted other settings, but it always happens in Night City regardless if I'm sitting still in my apartment, or doing anything else, it just tanks.

Anyone else have this issue? Thoughts?

I have enough VRAM to run DLSS Performance at 4K (which is rendering at 1080p and upscaling to 4K). The issue only occurs when I turn on FG, which I guess takes much more VRAM to run from more investigating online, but still only stutters in the open world, never happens in instanced areas.

I'm curious then how I see other people running without issue on these settings with a 4070ti.

I have enough VRAM to run DLSS Performance at 4K (which is rendering at 1080p and upscaling to 4K). The issue only occurs when I turn on FG, which I guess takes much more VRAM to run from more investigating online, but still only stutters in the open world, never happens in instanced areas.
I did a quick test with FG and RR on performance and it defaulted at 13gb vram for me. I hade been playing at quality for a long time before i set it to performance so it might be a bit high but sounds like that can be the issue atleast. 1080p upscaled isent really 1080p in Vram usage either and FG does add quite a bit of vram usage sadly. You could check with a overlay to se how much Vram usage you get?

Top Bottom