[BUG] Get It Together quest: Mr. Hands won't call for gigs (PC)

+
I'm hoping some of the clever people here might be able to give me a hand. I'm doing Get It Together in Phantom Liberty and need to run 3 Dogtown gigs for Mr. Hands. I was able to run Prototype in the Scraper with no problems, but for Treating Symptoms, Waiting for Dodger, or Dogtown Saints, Mr. Hands just will not call when I get to those areas. I've even stood directly on top of where Waiting for Dodger pings on my map and nothing happens, while the other two gigs keep trying to lead me back and forth to different possible "entrances" to their buildings that refuse to open. Gigs outside of Dogtown all work fine, including the ones Mr. Hands has in Pacifica, so it's specific to PL.

Anybody happen to know possible fixes for this? I've tried waiting, resting at different hideouts, loading older saves, game restarts, checked file integrity, and even reinstalled the entire game at one point. None of them helped.

Are you using any mods, or have you ever used any in the past?
I did in the base game but uninstalled them a year ago, it's a completely fresh and clean install. I installed some of the basic command mods such as Cyber Engine Tweaks and RED4ext to try and find a way to bypass the problem through console commands after the bug occurred, but it happened before I had any of these setup.

Hey all

I got to say, these issues with Hands quests aren't 100% reproducible.
Yesterday I went through PL on the latest game version, all quests happened.

There was a hiccup, where Hands gave me my new silver car and said we closed our quests. And then, right after, he called me by phone to start the part with Aguilar disguise and post-Kurt's era for Dogtown. But even those went on fine, and we closed the work. Even after that, he messaged me to express happiness with how that last bit went. It def works for some folks (my game is modded too, CET, CVO, FreeFly)

Ah yes, iirc, he also called me for those two quests with BT/MT bomber and that dad saving his son from own testimony after I already had the silver car.

I did in the base game but uninstalled them a year ago, it's a completely fresh and clean install.
Did you begin a new game, or did you load one of your existing saves? An older saved game that was once used with mods still contains the reference data for those mods. It would need to be a new character begun in a new save game slot to be unmodded.

I got to say, these issues with Hands quests aren't 100% reproducible.
Yesterday I went through PL on the latest game version, all quests happened.
That's the idea. In order to report it as a bug, we'll need to see it happen in a vanilla playthrough.

So far, it sounds like it may be mod-related.

If you're willing, uninstall all the new mods you just put in, back up your saved games, and see if you can speedplay the game to that section. If the missions trigger correctly, you likely have your answer.

That's the idea. In order to report it as a bug, we'll need to see it happen in a vanilla playthrough.

Just to that, mine is anything but vanilla.
I am starting off a ... hundreds of hours of gameplay aged 1.63 save, and of course it is all modded. It still all works for me. Maybe PL is waiting for some non-PL events to happen, and they don't get logged correctly in 2.x? Maybe they just need more time? Who knows...

Did you begin a new game, or did you load one of your existing saves? An older saved game that was once used with mods still contains the reference data for those mods. It would need to be a new character begun in a new save game slot to be unmodded.

If you're willing, uninstall all the new mods you just put in, back up your saved games, and see if you can speedplay the game to that section. If the missions trigger correctly, you likely have your answer.
It's not mod related. This was a new game on a mod-free reinstall of the game.

Top Bottom