[BUG] - Hostile Areas Gamebreakingly Not Working

+
There is a very severe issue going on with Hostile Areas throughout the game, possibly since 2.02 dropped or even 2.0.
  • A ton of Hostile Areas throughout GIGS, NCPD events and even random locations out in the world are not working as intended at all, which ruins a lot of missions, gigs, events and locations because hostile areas are not triggering correctly or enemies do not react to V being in forbidden areas.
Examples Gig: Error 404, Gig The Frolics Of Council Woman Cole, a random location, Gig: A Shrine Defiled;
  • Also since 2.0 been noticing a lot of GIG/NCPD locations do not get properly cleaned up after they're cleared, which makes the game always play the Hostile Area stealth soundtrack for factions, even though the locations have been cleared.
Example of V's Northside apartment & V's Megabuilding 10 alleyway;

These are just a few examples of an issue which has been rampart through a vast amount of missions, gigs, events and locations.

Last edited:
I have hostile map issue.
In several areas, Map gets stuck on "Hostile Area" after moving out of actual hostile area.
Music stops but map gets stuck.
To reset it I have to either go to safe zone and move out or reload save.

Yeah that's a known bug that's been in the game for a long time, even Safe Area gets stuck sometimes when leaving apartments and such.

This new one is a whole different monster though.

A save from 1.63 has Hostile Areas, but my 2.02 playthrough doesn't;

What causes this though, I have no idea... but it's enough that it ruined my enjoyment of the game entirely.

From the looks of it it seems to be the same exact bug that caused NCPD to entirely ignore players, but now it somehow redirected itself to hostile enemies and areas instead which is why hostile areas no longer exist in my playthrough so I can just walk among enemies.

Last edited:
I assume you reported this Crimsom, right ? Did you get an answer from CDPR that they are aware of this issue ? This one is really annoying..

I'm not entirely sure if they received it.

I sent it after the Support site got fixed, but never received the automated confirmation email. Waited 4 days before sending another report regarding Bolt Not Penetrating, but didn't get an email for that one either, though I did get an immediate reply by Support itself that they're looking into it.

Was thinking of sending it again now with slightly more info assuming they did not get the report, because this bug ruined my playthrough to such an extent that I put the game on hold until 2.03 comes.

You experiencing this too?

Yep, noticed it in some places as well. I sent a report about it a few days ago, so far didn´t get an answer either. I would send another one if I were you- just to be sure, they really need to adress this.

Really sucks doesn't it.

But yup, I'll send it again to be sure they received it. Will try to first see if anything in particular triggered it because it's either a 2.02 issue or it's triggered by a specific quest.

Maybe something similar to how Corpo Plaza's apartment scanner for some reason affected NCPD reacting to player's actions.

I assume you reported this Crimsom, right ? Did you get an answer from CDPR that they are aware of this issue ? This one is really annoying..

Just wished to let you know that they're aware of this being an issue and are looking into it, my bug report went through in the end.

I am of belief that this is a global issue across the board since they're bugged all across the city, so hopefully it gets globally fixed with 2.03 or 2.04 in a single swoop since I sent them like 8 different locations to test, along with the bugged OST ones as well.

Just wished to let you know that they're aware of this being an issue and are looking into it, my bug report went through in the end.

I am of belief that this is a global issue across the board since they're bugged all across the city, so hopefully it gets globally fixed with 2.03 or 2.04 in a single swoop since I sent them like 8 different locations to test, along with the bugged OST ones as well.
Thank you for letting me know, that´s good to hear.

I´m keeping them busy as well with all the reports I sent them already :LOL:

Top Bottom