Stuck uploading a virus in GIG: Lif's Work

+
Got stuck in the GIG: Lif's work when uploading the virus to the computer and can't exit it, I don't even get the little progress par for the upload, V just jacks in and stand there, I can still access the tabs I can get the cursor on so the game it self has not frozen,
It started when i failed the GIG out of nowhere when i was occopied in a NCPD scanner (assault) and later I got the quest again when Padre called to "give me a second chanse" . I can see the quest in my journal but i can't track it and it doesn't have any objectivs, so I went back to my morrowind expecience and just followed what it sait in the discription, so when i had cleared out the garage and went upstairs to the computer and jaked in nothing happened no progress bar for the upload, nothing. V just stand their jacked in all while i can use the computer as normal, enter my inventory, map cyberware or anyting, I just can't back away from the computer, so I had to reload but the problem still remain, I have tried alot, all from blowing up the car, reloading to a previous save to not kill anyone, the only thing I have not tried is to load back before I failed the first time, because that's like 10-15 game hours ago, and then i still have no ide why i failed it in the first place, because i was like 500m away according to the map (on my way to it)
I can't enter the quest car
No mods, latest update (2.0)

So have anyone else had this problem and if so does a fix exist?

Having Same issue, playing in GeForce NOW and allready finished "Phantom Liberty" Had the issue allready before "PL" was released

Same here. I was doing a minor NCPD event mission, left the area, killed out the folks but left the area. Padre called me to say that I failed the job, but got a followup one somehow. Now I got untrackable life's work gig in my journal. When I go there car is there (but I blew it up already) and when I try to upload the virus onto the computer, the game bugs out and I can't do anything.

Tried save editing but don't know which entries to change.

EDIT: Strikethrough on my inaccurate statement about being unable to get gig request for vehicles due to this bug. I didn't realize these only occur after you entered Dog Town and started Phantom Liberty content. It isn't related to the bug with "Gig: A Life's Work".

Same issue here. Gig: A Life's work is stuck and untrackable/uncompletable now. This is also progression/game-breaking. Once you encounter this bug you no longer get gig requests for vehicles. So there is no way to unlock the other vehicles in the game.

Is there a known issues tracker? Is this on it?

Last edited:
I edited the save for myself - added a flag for gle_06_finished = 1 and Padre gig count updated.

However a persistent, untrackable journal entry persists. Can't be fixed as journal removal command needs the quest to be tracked.

I edited the save for myself - added a flag for gle_06_finished = 1 and Padre gig count updated.

However a persistent, untrackable journal entry persists. Can't be fixed as journal removal command needs the quest to be tracked.
Where do I find this gle_06

Anyone got any fixes? It's not trackable and when I got to the location to upload virus or whatever, I just get stuck and that's it.

Top Bottom