[BUG] - Night City No Longer Has AVs Flying Around

+
Ever since 2.0 there seems to be a bug from the very start of any newly started playthrough which completely disables AVs flying around Night City and leaves the skies terribly empty for the entirety of ACT 1 and a large portion of ACT 2.

For some reason no AVs will be spawning at all until the player physically goes to the City Center area for some reason, after which they'll finally start spawning.
  • Here's what it looks like before the player visits City Center, a completely empty sky;
  • Here's what it looks like after the player visits City Center;

Last edited:
Yep, noticed this as well, not sure what´s causing them to appear again, but it looks like it´s a bug.

Thanks for confirming, hopefully a few more can confirm as well so I can send it to Support with some in-depth info. The world is quite empty without the AVs flying around.

Also the case on Series X, on two characters started in 2.0 & 2.01 (one completely finshed base game + PL and the other base game and "half" PL).
I waited a bit, and it took me a good five minutes to see a single one and a good while again to see another one (which could be the same AV which turn around infinitely around Night City^^)
I'm pretty sure it was "normal" at the beginning of the game.
Cyberpunk 2077-2023_10_25-11_31_28.jpg

Thanks for confirming, hopefully a few more can confirm as well so I can send it to Support with some in-depth info. The world is quite empty without the AVs flying around.
Btw I sent your list of bugs/issues to the CDPR Support: Cyberpunk 2.0 - List Of Bugs & Issues | Forums - CD PROJEKT RED and they responded, that they really appreciate it. So now CDPR knows 100% about your list, so be free to add anything you find in there- I would add the AV thing in there as well, they can take a look at it and determine if it´s a bug or not.. Your effort reporting all of this was worth it, it seems (y) (y)

Last edited:
There is a global switch for it.

Code:
air_traffic_off

I noticed it myself at some point in 2.0, and didn't think much of it. I just reenabled it via CET.

Thank you for confirming guys, transformed the thread into a proper bug report and sent it to Support.

I'm still seeing them. Current main quests are "Down on the Street", "Ghost Town", and the PL opening quest.
20231025191906_1.jpg

20231025192357_1.jpg

20231025192448_1.jpg

Nice, thank you Draconifors as well.

That might mean then they really are bugged behind Phantom Liberty's "Dog Eat Dog" introductory quest, since it can only be started by completing Judy's main quests. Though LeKill3rFou mentioned completing a full playthrough and not seeing them, so quite a weird issue really.

Reminds me of the same thing with the holo-billboards which disappear after Panam's quest and then reappear after River's, but in the AVs case it seems to be a chance whether they'll even appear or not because I haven't seen them at all since I started my playthrough.

In any case, helpful feedback (y)

Tbh, it seems like with the 2.0 update, there is some kind of memory leak/streaming issue. There is a lot of random issues happening ever since the 2.0 patch. Hope they can stabilize it into the 1.63 state it was in before.

Last edited:
I've seen the flying trash containers. AV's, less sure. I'm certain I've heard them fly overhead, as well as during random encounters.

Just did some more testing and this bug is really wonky.
  • A freshly started 2.0 playthrough does not seem to have them whatsoever during ACT 1 (tested with a save right after saving Sandra Dorsett).
  • They only seem to start spawning if the player drives to City Center where they can be "registered" by the system, which cannot be done during ACT 1.
  • I then tested skipping directly to Phantom Liberty and the bug is actually present in it as well.
  • In Pacifica at the beginning there are no AVs at all and if the player fast-travels to Watson, there won't be any AVs spawning there either. Only by driving all the way from Pacifica to City Center will it make AVs start spawning.
So basically the player in 2.0 has to "register them in City Center" to get them to start spawning and flying around, but what worries me is that they are completely gone until the player does this and they seem to be completely gone in some people's playthroughs, despite the game's main quests taking them to City Center several times.

Last edited:
Just did some more testing and this bug is really wonky.
  • A freshly started 2.0 playthrough does not seem to have them whatsoever during ACT 1 (tested with a save right after saving Sandra Dorsett).
  • They only seem to start spawning if the player drives to City Center where they can be "registered" by the system, which cannot be done during ACT 1.
  • I then tested skipping directly to Phantom Liberty and the bug is actually present in it as well.
  • In Pacifica at the beginning there are no AVs at all and if the player fast-travels to Watson, there won't be any AVs spawning there either. Only by driving all the way from Pacifica to City Center will it make AVs start spawning.
So basically the player in 2.0 has to "register them in City Center" to get them to start spawning and flying around, but what worries me is that they are completely gone until the player does this and they seem to be completely gone in some people's playthroughs, despite the game's main quests taking them to City Center several times.
yea, it´s apparent that there is something going on- it´s not consistent and that´s the issue, the AVs should be there all the time, not just sometimes..

Well well look who finally decided to show up after 40 hours during the Gig: Fixer, Merc, Soldier, Spy, which is Regina's last gig in Watson.

Literally 0 AVs flying around the entire playthrough for 40 hours and then boom, as soon as the player enters the hotel elevator to go to the top suite suddenly 5 million AVs populate the sky.

Don't know if this thread is still active but I'm having a weird issue where AVs sometimes spawn in pairs and fly inside or very close to each other., similar to what I'm seeing in some of Draconifors screenshots.

This only seems to happen in saves with some story progression, since it happens both my current save at LVL 60 (Started on 2.0, PL finished) and an old save at LVL 31 made on game version 1.31. I don't know from where on exactly this issue starts occurring, but it doesn't occur in a save at the very start of act 2 (game version 1.63).

I know that this is just a minor thing, but I just find this a really odd issue and was wondering if other people are also experiencing this, and maybe know of a fix.

AV Bug Ex2.png
AV Bug Ex1.png

Top Bottom