[BUG] Unable to add Songbird Pin on the table in V Apartment

+
Be careful with Spoilers if you don't finished Phantom Liberty.

I would like to know if anyone has found a solution to the bug where it's not possible to place the metal pin on the table in V's apartment.
The metal pin from the lunar colony of Tycho, received from Songbird
Even after 2.11, this bug persists. I've researched that and it may be related to the prompt to place something on the table appearing for some people before they even receive the pin, and later, even after you have the pin in your inventory, the option no longer appears. It's not a critical bug or problem, but it would be nice if it worked as intended. I play on the PS5, but it doesn't seem to be a specific issue with just one platform.

Last edited:
I didn't know this existed.
Also not sure if I received even a thanks, let alone a pin from Song.
Ah, yes, actually you receive it after one of the endings of Phantom Liberty.

After finishing The Killing Moon by helping Songbird escape to the Moon, Alex will eventually send a message that will start the Unfinished Sympathy quest. Around 24 hours after meeting with Alex and completing Unfinished Sympathy, Song will send you a message telling you to visit the place she visited with you and mentioned that reminded her home in Brooklyn. This message will trigger the quest From Her to Eternity. Upon arriving at the location you had visited with Song during Phantom Liberty, you will find a small lunar capsule. Inside the container is a metallic pin from the Tycho lunar colony and a Quantum Tuner, which is an iconic frontal cortex cyberware.

It should be possible to place the metallic pin on V's apartment table, but a bug prevents this from happening.

And about a Song's thank-you message,

after the quest The Killing Moon, if you return to the alley where you encounter Songbird inside the van, you will find a shard on the floor with a video message that Song recorded before you met her

Last edited:
Ah, that explains it.
I completely ignore Alex throughout the game, and this never gets triggered. Lol.

Guess CDPR hasn't accounted for that, since it makes little sense to tie in Alex and Song's interactions that way.

Thanks for other info! My V listens to the ghostly birds telling her where to find things and how to get some biggies. That's how she buried Jackie.

Even after 2.11, this bug persists.
just finished. didnt meet such bug
there is a bug with radio controls until the iguana egg hatches. maybe something like that? i have pin, lizzy's bd, iguana, trauma mini-model, scorpion and core. no bugs

Last edited:
OK, now I can let go of that one.

Yes, I have a book of total a**holes and it isn't easy to be in there. This is an absolution card.

Screenshot 2024-02-23 19-27-35.jpg
Post automatically merged:

About that in the above spoiler from @cp2x77gamer , I can't say I can replicate it.

The radio controls in the Little China home are not easy to pin down, but they are available for me. Fresh play, started in 2.1. My iguana sure didn't hatch yet.

I will let everyone know how it went with that
moon capsule

Screenshot 2024-02-23 20-42-18.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure what causes the bug but in my game, the iguana egg has already hatched, I have the other items cp2x77gamer mentioned in the room, and I can also interact with the radio normally. The problem is only with the pin..

:giveup:

I'm not sure what causes the bug but in my game, the iguana egg has already hatched, I have the other items cp2x77gamer mentioned in the room, and I can also interact with the radio normally. The problem is only with the pin..

:giveup:
Well. You helped me get the closure on this one, so let me see if I can help you back.

The prompt to put the pin on the table is soooooo far away from the table. And it's also hard to... pin down. You might want to try this. When I pressed that F, I wasn't even sure what happened until I found where the pin was placed.

Screenshot 2024-02-24 14-15-59.jpg

@MartineDee thanks for trying to help, I tried to replicate the solution you found, but unfortunately it didn't work. I spent about 10 minutes walking and looking at the table, but no prompt appeared to place the pin on the table. I think I've already accepted that I'll have to carry the metal pin with me forever lol

@MartineDee thanks for trying to help, I tried to replicate the solution you found, but unfortunately it didn't work. I spent about 10 minutes walking and looking at the table, but no prompt appeared to place the pin on the table. I think I've already accepted that I'll have to carry the metal pin with me forever lol
I was thinking what if you sent me your save, and it actually worked. Did you try verifying integrity of game files? And, ultimately replaying the game from the van to ncx part? After the verification?

I play on the PS5, so I believe there isn't much I can do other than trying to reinstall the game. I have cloud save enabled, but I don't have Cyberpunk on GOG, so I'm not sure if it's possible to download just the save without needing to have the game on PC. I think it would be too much trouble to try to understand the problem and fix it. In the end, I'll survive without putting the pin on the table.
I think the issue might be due to the problem some people reported in other forum posts, about the prompt appearing before they even received any item to be placed on the table. I imagine the prompt to place the pin may have appeared before I even received it, and if that happened at some point, I might have pressed the button to place it on the table without even realize while I was interacting with the radio, and now perhaps the game thinks the pin has already been placed on the table..
Its a very specific scenario but how know.. That could be the reason to for the issue. If that's what happened in my game, I never noticed and I'll never know.
Anyway, I received the pin, so I'll take that as enough, whether I can put it on the table or carry it with me is just a detail.
In any case, I appreciate your willingness to try to help me.

Last edited:
Honestly, just "Thank you" was enough for me. Also, the fact Song recovers so quickly tips off that one conspiracy theory might be true... that V is kept in a 'coma' for the purposes other than their recovery in the other ending.

So, perhaps I should also say a thank you for brining us that type of closure! <3

But back to the topic, hm, yeah, the PS5 angle is a bit of a complication for save sharing, or trying to trigger this via the console.
There could be the option to validate the game files on PS5, but I am going to trust you on that one, since I don't have PS5.

Given all of the above, there is one more easy thing to try that comes to mind... what if the pin is already on the table? Check it. This is how it looks like.

photomode_26022024_172127.jpg

And, just in case that it isn't there, here is one more piece. Scan it, and this is what it says.

Screenshot 2024-02-26 17-29-58.jpg

Top Bottom