Chris Avellone plays Arcanum

+
Chris Avellone plays Arcanum

As part of the "pledges" promised by the Obsidian Kickstarter for "Proyect Eternity", Avellone vouched to play Arcanum and post his experience.
I know it's a very nerdy and cooky thing, :p/>/>/>/>/>/>/> but for the ones interested, here it is...

/EDIT Fuck it... maybe there's a feature that forbids to post it here.... he he, I worked aroound it... :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO9Qa8KbeMc&feature=youtube

As much as I've been looking forward to this ever since they announced it as a fun stretch goal of sorts, MCA really needs to look up how to properly capture game footage; the resolution is horrible. Watching a one-hour long video in 360p is... difficult for most people.

I also just recently played Arcanum (I'm near the end of the second run now), and I think there are a lot of very good rpg elements in it. For example the eight main character attributes, four physical plus four corresponding mental attributes (strength - intelligence, dexterity - perception, condition - willpower, beauty - charisma). It's a lot like Fallout's SPECIAL, which is a plus intrinsically ^^
Also the combat which can be switched between turn-based and real-time feels a lot like the old Fallouts (action points, yay!)... plus, there are also over-the-top death animations for heavy hits. And "power armor"!
Another mechanic which I instantly like is the magic/tech meter, which controls how much you profit from magical or technical items, or how efficiently you can be healed magically, or how high your probability of failing with a technical weapon is.

Guest 2091327

Not played it yet, but I'd like to. Fired it up once just to check it out and it looked interesting.

Hard to watch any video of length unless it's 720 though, or at least 480.

Top Bottom