Commander's Horn: A Podcast About Gwent - Episode 2 (Unsolved Mysteries)

+
Commander's Horn: A Podcast About Gwent - Episode 2 (Unsolved Mysteries)

Welcome to Commander's Horn, Episode 2, Hosted by me, Dane "McBeard". Thanks for listening!

Soundcloud link here:
https://soundcloud.com/commandershorn/commanders-horn-episode-2-unsolved-mysteries

This episode discusses the mysterious journey a passionate fan takes through pre-beta. Some card changes have been officially confirmed through forums and social media. It seems that if we hunt for information, we might still find it.

My discussion topic is speculation around cards that could affect heroes, and how that makes us feel... more importantly, how it could change the design space of the game.

Please e-mail me at commandershornpodcast@gmail.com or contact me on twitter AT commandershorn

My sources for this podcast:
Thread (originally posted by Mythical Pilot) in which hero changes are discussed: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...should-be-Book-and-Game-Series-Spoilers/page2

Twitter mention by user @chesshaha (aka cHess) about the Eleven Mercenary change: twitter.com/chesshaha/status/772781050057678850

Official Gwent Video in which the Unicorn can be seen around :57 seconds (with help from user Sjadgef) www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2C8daG6cz4

I'm in the process of submitting to iTunes. Hopefully it won't take much longer.
Best,
-d.

Last edited:
I think one way to balance the unicorn is to make it a hero. So eventhough it affects other heroes it will take one of your hero slots.

Unicorn is a hero anyway (gold frame) .. We discussed this card a long time ago in discord and reached the conclusion that it would be a hero medic because of a certain incident in witcher lore that involved a unicorn reviving two characters that will only have hero cards in Gwent.

Last edited:
Agreed, Mythic.

I think that the limitation on this hero card's medic ability will be that it only can revive those two specific heroes. And with that, it should be fairly balanced and built around. Not only do you need to draw that hero(heroes); you also need to draw the unicorn, then play the hero on round 1 or 2.

Top Bottom