Corrupted Save Files on PC

+
Putting chimera's core on the table at V's apartment causes larger save files, and larger save files probably cause some save files to become corrupted, either right after you put it or at random times when you save the game. If you keep it in your inventory, FPS drops massively near V's apartment. My working save files are 20mb but whenever my next save file is as big as even 20.01 mb, my save file gets corrupted. I can't play the game without checking if it got corrupted after each save and it's annoying. Please increase save file size limit for pc too. <3

My save files get corrupted after entering and leaving Megabuilding H10, where V's original apartment is located. I too have been getting massive frame drops in this area, around 6 FPS when walking around.

Putting chimera's core on the table at V's apartment causes larger save files, and larger save files probably cause some save files to become corrupted, either right after you put it or at random times when you save the game. If you keep it in your inventory, FPS drops massively near V's apartment. My working save files are 20mb but whenever my next save file is as big as even 20.01 mb, my save file gets corrupted. I can't play the game without checking if it got corrupted after each save and it's annoying. Please increase save file size limit for pc too. <3

Pardon me, but didn't they claim to have fixed save file corruption due to oversize... a long time ago?
Or was that just a workaround (by them making sure they just don't grow that big)? lol

Anyways, care to tell me (spoiler free) where in the game that thing with the chimera's thing would roughly occur? Like, more towards the beginning, middle or end? So that I can be mentally prepared. At least so far, I haven't encountered any of that.

care to tell me (spoiler free) where in the game that thing with the chimera's thing would roughly occur?
Near the end of the first part of Phantom Liberty.
I have put the thing up and my saves are still 7.5MB. Before 2.0 they were about 6MB.

ThraxxMedia, you can use chimera's core to craft some mods or some other things but it's totally optional. It's not an important item. So I'm not sure if it's related to save file size but, 20mb save file size is definitely not normal because no matter how many item I sell from my inventory or stash, my save files are still 20mb and get corrupted and how they get corrupted is totally random. I'm almost sure chimera's core causes it because it started happening after I crafted a mod using it and placed it on the table. Unfortunately I've realized that much later and I don't have a save before doing it. Active Chimera Core bug :: Cyberpunk 2077 General Discussions (steamcommunity.com) there is this steam discussion about the same issue.

it started happening after I crafted a mod using it and placed it on the table
I did the same and have no issues.
You should send a save file to CDPR support so they can look at it. Something appears to be seriously wrong with your saves.
Assuming you don't try to derail the game deliberately? Like starting a lot of gigs and then just walking away in the middle and leaving them half finished in the save?

You should send a save file to CDPR support so they can look at it. Something appears to be seriously wrong with your saves.
Assuming you don't try to derail the game deliberately? Like starting a lot of gigs and then just walking away in the middle and leaving them half finished in the save?
Yeah, I cannot for the life of me imagine whatever would drive a save to exceed 20, or even 10 MB to begin with.

The furthest so far, I've played the game up until a certain mission where I was made aware of Alt Cunningham; so maybe (from my guess) half way thru the main plot. Yet my save files were never even once bigger than maybe 5-6 MB, and I'm a literal loot wh*re. My inventory is constantly full.

Then again... why would that be a limitation on the game's part? That just seems like very, very bad design.

Last edited:
How can I send my save file? Should I just attach here?

Top Bottom