Cyberpunk save files missing after redownloading game.

+
All save files from folder are gone. I had this game on two separate PCs under the same account. Back in February this year, I had finished the game and all the save files were there in this first PC. On the second PC, there was a small playthrough with a few save files. I had to shift the few save files onto the first PC since I do not have access to the second PC anymore (but I still have the drive it was on). So in order to shift those files, since I purchased the game on Epic Games Launcher, I launched the game and told it to sync via cloud files which allowed me to move the most recent save file onto the first PC. This was done after downloading the game ever since I uninstalled it back in February 2023. Now downloading the game after the 2.0 update, and syncing with the Epic Games cloud, the save file from the second PC is now on the first PC but all my previous save files are gone. So the entire playthrough with more than 50 manual saves has been wiped after syncing with cloud which should not have happened since they are local files. Now Epic Games only stores the most recent save which was of the transferred and incomplete playthrough and the only files in the save location in the PC are that manual save that was cloud synced and 20 autosaves from that same manual save playthrough. Is there any way to get the save files from the first playthrough that have been seemingly wiped after reinstalling the game? Since Epic Games no longer has the files, I've been logged into GOG through REDLauncher everytime I played the game with cross-progression activated all the time as well, is it possible that GOG or CD Projekt Red has their own cloud where my old manual saves could be under my account that I was logged into all the time?

GOG cross progression only store the last (the most recent) manual save and auto save, that's all. There is no "backup". When you save or the game auto-save, the last one replace the older one.
If you linked your game with your GOG account, the saves in "GOG cloud" should appear on your save tab.

GOG cross progression only store the last (the most recent) manual save and auto save, that's all. There is no "backup". When you save or the game auto-save, the last one replace the older one.
If you linked your game with your GOG account, the saves in "GOG cloud" should appear on your save tab.
It seems I have had it linked as on GOG Galaxy it shows Cyberpunk as an owned game. However when I try to look for cloud saves which should be found in the extras tab after clicking on a game, there is nothing there other than some wallpapers, soundtracks, art booklet and digital comic. There is no cloud save section, could this be since it was still managed by Epic Games, GOG doesn't share its cloud?

It seems I have had it linked as on GOG Galaxy it shows Cyberpunk as an owned game. However when I try to look for cloud saves which should be found in the extras tab after clicking on a game, there is nothing there other than some wallpapers, soundtracks, art booklet and digital comic. There is no cloud save section, could this be since it was still managed by Epic Games, GOG doesn't share its cloud?
Cross progression doesn't work like that. It's not really a "cloud storage", everything happen in the game.
You have to link your game to your GOG account, and if there are saves on GOG servers (One manual save and one auto-save maximum, the very last created on a game linked to your GOG account), they should directly appear in the save tab in the game.

Cross progression doesn't work like that. It's not really a "cloud storage", everything happen in the game.
You have to link your game to your GOG account, and if there are saves on GOG servers (One manual save and one auto-save maximum, the very last created on a game linked to your GOG account), they should directly appear in the save tab in the game.
The cross-progression was just a confirmation that GOG was linked, and in the save tab in the game, it just shows the latest autosave and lastest manual save that are cloud uploaded by Epic Games, and I'm assuming GOG does the same. However I just can't access my GOG cloud saves at all.

The cross-progression was just a confirmation that GOG was linked, and in the save tab in the game, it just shows the latest autosave and lastest manual save that are cloud uploaded by Epic Games, and I'm assuming GOG does the same. However I just can't access my GOG cloud saves at all.
You can't have access to the GOG cloud save outside of the game. It's not a "cloud save", it's a "cross progression" which is used to play on one platform, then be able to continue playing on another platform (one manual and one auto save maximum).
Saves which are stored on GOG servers should appear directly on your save tab when your game is linked and connected to your GOG account. These save have a little "checked" cloud icon on the top right.
If you don't see saves with the "checked" cloud icon, there is no save on GOG.

Here on my game, I activated cross-progression. The last manual save was uploaded on GOG server (little cloud icon on the top right). Which mean that if I launch the game on another platform and link my GOG account, this save will appear and I will be able to continue to play. When I'll create a new save on the second platform, the new save will replace this one. It allow you to switch between platform and continue your playthrough.
Cross progression is not a "backup" for your saves.
Cyberpunk 2077-2023_10_02-01_49_00.jpg

Last edited:
Something is very wrong with the ps5 game. Started to play 2.0, the console downloaded and installed PL but did not get the new main menu. Had played 20 hours and did not get songbird call.

Reinstalled game vid addon PL.
After that all saves is gone. The game dont recognise the saves even after new download from cloud. Its like the ps5 handle Cyberpunk and. Cyberpunk + PL like 2 different games.

Solution that i found:
Triggered cross save progression and then got access to 3 autosaves from cloud I think. So for me this works, but no way to load some older saves.

I don't get how CDPR can fumble on this so much? Or if its a Sony issue but for reference, download Seperate ways dlc for re4 remake and it instant was found under Game Content, no need for a re-download

Let's try to find the backup of the earlier saves on your first PC. I assumed C is your Windows drive.
On your first PC, try to navigate to:
C:\Users\YourWindowsAccount\AppData\Local\EpicGamesLauncher\Saved\Saves\EpicAccountID\

Replace EpicAccountID with a code that you can find (after login) at https://www.epicgames.com/account/personal
It is a long code ID under the Account Information title, like ed8h6f9f.....

After entering that folder, search for a folder named 77f2b98e2cef40c8a7437518bf420e47. It is a code for the Cyberpunk 2077 games in the Epic Game system. Or, it might be called "Ginger", depending on which version you have installed. Inside that folder, there should be a special folder that backs up the earlier saves. The folder is called LocalSaveBackup. Open that folder. I hope you are lucky, and your old backed-up saves are still there!

If there is no LocalSaveBackup folder, then there are no local backups to restore.

If you find the LocalSaveBackup, copy the saves to the
C:\Users\YourWindowsAccount\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077
Start the game and attempt to use the saves.

Top Bottom