CP 2077 Skills/Perks to Phantom Liberty

+
Hello :) I was going to post in Discord but I saw that it requires a phone verification. I have been meaning to get a separate line for all of these verifications (to keep my personal line separated) but I haven't had the money or time so for now.. I wanted to post some of my concerns or dissapointments with the original CP and why I am concerned for Phantom liberty

----------------------------------------------

I will start with the crafting. It was rewarding in that you could ensure the best damage and the damage type you wanted but unfortunately not everything could be crafted. The new LMG and Tech SMG were added to the game but not as a blue print. Even before then a lot of weapons couldn't be crafted to the Legendary level (like the Saratoga and Defender for instance)

This and other reasons made the tedious leveling of Crafting for getting specific blue prints feel like it wasn't worth it (the bar at the bottom)

I think the compromise should of been the ability to spend eddies on a work bench. With the work bench it makes you function as if you had all perks or skills while interacting with it

-----------------------------------

Related to this I wanted to move on to quick hacking. I thought it was dissapointing that the Legendary quick hack crafting was all the way at 20. It meant you had to go for more of a dedicated build with it to achieve that. It is near impossible to do hybrid builds with it

I think a workbench like above could of been done or perhaps a vendor for them. That would prevent the tedious and imo lame terminal hacking tricks to get what you want (the ones where you went to a specific terminal, saved, hacked, and tried to get the one you wanted)

I know this isn't the bug channel but I thought I would bring it up while here because it hinders that method.. The Gift bug is still present can confirm

-------------------------------------

Tech weapons were annoying to utilize too because the red enemy outline didn't always appear. Ping didn't last long enough to get every enemy precisely. It would of been nice if the Nekomata had an x ray type scope to help with that

Another annoyance of Tech Weapons was that you had to dip in to Reflexes to get every little bit of damage. I was kind of hoping that you could get all of your damage, and reload speed perks or skills within Technical

------------------------------------

On Reflexes.. I hope it gets changed so you have a mitigation or movement grouping. Then a group for power pistols and rifles. Then Katanas. Kind of like how Body is separated (health/fitness, melee, shotguns and LMG's)

Outside of clothing mods and cyberware, there isn't much of an interaction with Mitigation Chance or Strength. It would be a great tie in to the changes made

------------------------------------

The last topic I want to cover is stealth attacking. With the way this game was designed, it made it so only the power revolvers were good for ranged attacks (that wern't unique). Sure you could get the unique Grad but that is way later. There is the SOR but its muzzle attachment slot is locked out. And it doesn't do as much raw damage as the revolvers anyways

It would of been nice if Tech Weapons or Smart Weapons had their own sneak attack ranged weapon. Take Deus Ex Mankind Divided for instance.. You had the Taser and Tranquilizer rifle for less lethal. That wasn't present so you had to use Power Revolvers to get the most out of ranged sneak attacks

-----------------------------------

That is all I can think of to share at this time. I sincerely hope Phantom Liberty does well. This game has a lot of potential

Hey,
cool post :)

I am thinking if the whole points system and combat aren't overcomplicated too much.
If you look on some gameplays, there are players who can mechanically do everything, have OP builds and pretty much one-shot everyone,...
The combat looks as if it's a competitive shooter (with all the abilities,...), and less like a story-based RPG - kind of, at least to me.

And the expansion (based on the trailer and some gameplays) looks combat-heavy as well.
I hope there are some moments to breathe, calm down and suck in the story.

Last edited:
Thank you! It isn't overly complicated yes but it does require quite a bit of planning to get it right. Which is one of many reasons I made this post. I felt that they could simplify or improve in a lot of areas

It is is possible to do a lot of things sure but that comes back to the planning. Even with the best planning you miss certain things. Take for example Long Shot (18) and Nerves of Steel (11). These were some skills I had to miss out on when playing my quick hacking hybrid build

I felt that I shouldn't of had to given my focus was Tech Weapons not Reflexes. And imo, headshots should be based on caliber and energy not a perk/skill

I can agree they made it more combat heavy than certain RPG's. I think they should of learned from other games in that regard.. Give players more options

Another example from Deus Ex Mankind Divided.. You could grab a person from behind cover and take them down instantly. Take downs could be instant and against 2 targets at once with upgrades as well. Something like that would of given players more options to play it slow and tactical

If Tech Weapons were a bit easier to use on the Wall Bang I think that could be one way to compensate

Top Bottom