CP77 deactivate my GC

+
Hey guys,

I don't think so my problem comes from the new patchn rather than that, there is a problem with my new computer and CP77, that's the only game doing it to me, until know.
My problem is when I start the game there are bad slowingwhen logos had to display. When I'm playing is more or less "ok", not what I expected when I bought the new PC and almost everytime I close the game alt+F4 or normal way. Black screen, I need to restart my computer to see that the game deactivated my GC.

I'll give you there my config:

Graphic Card: Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 6700 XT / Previously GTX 1060
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X / Previously I7 5930K
RAM: 32Go DDR4 3600mhz / 16Go DDR4 2300mhz
Power: 650w be quiet / Previously Same

And yes, my drivers are up to date.

Thanks.

What kind of graphic options are we looking at here? Medium, high, ultra? RT, no RT? Have you tried lowering the graphics and seeing if your GPU still deactivates? If not, try lowering everything to the minimum, play a bit and close the game. See what happens then.

When you say this game is the only one that's causing this issue, what other games are we talking about here? Are we talking about games that are at least nearly as demanding as CP2077 is?

I know you say your drivers are up to date and that's great but bad driver downloads do happen. Have you tried using DDU to remove the drivers completely and re-download them?

Have you looked at the event log? This could give greater insight into why this is happening.

What kind of graphic options are we looking at here? Medium, high, ultra? RT, no RT? Have you tried lowering the graphics and seeing if your GPU still deactivates? If not, try lowering everything to the minimum, play a bit and close the game. See what happens then.

When you say this game is the only one that's causing this issue, what other games are we talking about here? Are we talking about games that are at least nearly as demanding as CP2077 is?

I know you say your drivers are up to date and that's great but bad driver downloads do happen. Have you tried using DDU to remove the drivers completely and re-download them?

Have you looked at the event log? This could give greater insight into why this is happening.
Thanks for your answer.
First graphic are in medium, because I didn't touch anything, that was the settings with my previous computer.
About games i'm playing there are Star Citizen and Ark that could be a bit similar to CP77 I guess.

I went to chack event log, indeed it's saying there is an error, but seems it still doesn't know what it is, I'll make more tests.

Thanks for your answer.
First graphic are in medium, because I didn't touch anything, that was the settings with my previous computer.
About games i'm playing there are Star Citizen and Ark that could be a bit similar to CP77 I guess.

I went to chack event log, indeed it's saying there is an error, but seems it still doesn't know what it is, I'll make more tests.

I can't speak to Star Citizen but Ark is definitely not pushing your card nearly as much as CP2077 is.

Can you tell us what does the event log says?

I'm not able to say you properly what it means, I don't know either what is important so I just copy/paste logs, maybe you'll find anything interesting.
Sorry it's in french, let me know if you need a translate.

Nom de l’application défaillante REDlauncher.exe, version : 2.15.1.33, horodatage : 0x65119bb1
Nom du module défaillant : unknown, version : 0.0.0.0, horodatage : 0x00000000
Code d’exception : 0xc0000005
Décalage d’erreur : 0x00000000
ID du processus défaillant : 0x3824
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d9f2527e139e90
Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\Users\Valentin\AppData\Local\Programs\CD Projekt Red\REDlauncher\REDlauncher.exe
Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: unknown
ID de rapport : f1600eee-c1f8-4704-90e2-cb31e962b4fb
Nom complet du package défaillant :
ID de l’application relative au package défaillant :

-System

-Provider
[ Name]Application Error

-EventID1000
[ Qualifiers]0

Level2

Task100

Keywords0x80000000000000

-TimeCreated
[ SystemTime]2023-09-28T21:27:02.714448500Z

EventRecordID2773

ChannelApplication

ComputerDESKTOP-S4DU9IB

Security

-EventData

REDlauncher.exe

65119bb1

unknown

c0000005

01d9f2527e139e90

C:\Users\Valentin\AppData\Local\Programs\CD Projekt Red\REDlauncher\REDlauncher.exe

unknown

f1600eee-c1f8-4704-90e2-cb31e962b4fb

Oh, don't worry about the French - je suis français, donc vraiment pas un problème!

Just can't actually do this in French considering this is the English side of the forum.

So the event log shows no critical error related to your GPU itself?

Can you grab a screenshot of your log?

Edit: I mean a screenshot of the log itself right after a crash.

Last edited:
Oh, don't worry about the French - je suis français, donc vraiment pas un problème!

Just can't actually do this in French considering this is the English side of the forum.

So the event log shows no critical error related to your GPU itself?

Can you grab a screenshot of your log?

Edit: I mean a screenshot of the log itself right after a crash.
Ok nice ^^.

I can't make a screenshot because it deactivated my GC so black screen, the only way is to turn off the computer and turn on again, then manually reactivaed GC.

Ok nice ^^.

I can't make a screenshot because it deactivated my GC so black screen, the only way is to turn off the computer and turn on again, then manually reactivaed GC.

The log would still show the error.

Just be sure to check the time when it happens. When you open up the event viewer, it'll be under windows log and then either application or system. You should have a "date et heure" column in there. Look for anything critical that happened at that time.

The log would still show the error.

Just be sure to check the time when it happens. When you open up the event viewer, it'll be under windows log and then either application or system. You should have a "date et heure" column in there. Look for anything critical that happened at that time.
That's what you meant ?
log.jpg

Yes, that's exactly it.

Any of those related to the GPU itself?

It may show up under Système instead of application.

And I do mean any of those, not necessarily the red ones.

Yes, that's exactly it.

Any of those related to the GPU itself?

It may show up under Système instead of application.

And I do mean any of those, not necessarily the red ones.
I went to take a look in system, nothing seems to be related to GPU.
Got some red dot, but not sure it was about GPU.

I can try to take the biggest screen, but you'll not get everything, the list is way too long ^^

Only focus on immediately-ish after the problem or immediately before.

Essentially, reproduce the problem, take note of the time and then go to event viewer. You should have something related to your GPU, AMD's application or drivers.

One thing you can try is when you black screen try doing a soft reboot of the GC drivers

Hold down the left Shift key, Ctrl key, and Windows key and then hit the B key. You can try it out at the desktop first before you have a problem so you can see how it works.

I checked the time and that is what I got yesterday during the black screen time.

Above it's today, that is the time laps I got black screened once I stopped CP77 it was around 11:30pm

log.jpg
Post automatically merged:

One thing you can try is when you black screen try doing a soft reboot of the GC drivers

Hold down the left Shift key, Ctrl key, and Windows key and then hit the B key. You can try it out at the desktop first before you have a problem so you can see how it works.
Ok I'll try, thanks ^^

15 years building and gaming... TiL!

I checked the time and that is what I got yesterday during the black screen time.

Above it's today, that is the time laps I got black screened once I stopped CP77 it was around 11:30pm

Post automatically merged:

Ok I'll try, thanks ^^

And you went through all of these, none seem related to the GPU? Or drivers?

Try @John_Russell idea, it's a good one, at least it'll point in a direction if it works. If it does work and you get your screen back, try a fresh install of your drivers.

Get DDU, uninstall all your drivers and then download them again.

And you went through all of these, none seem related to the GPU? Or drivers?

Try @John_Russell idea, it's a good one, at least it'll point in a direction if it works. If it does work and you get your screen back, try a fresh install of your drivers.

Get DDU, uninstall all your drivers and then download them again.
Every Drivers or only graphic ones ?

Ok I tried to uninstall with DDU and Re-Installed everything.
Launched the game, tried to change some settings and got a crash, the exact same way as before.

I took a screen of the log event:

log.jpg

Top Bottom