CRASH ON SCREEN UI

+
Well, I uninstalled all the mods I had because I knew there would be crashes. I removed all the mods, I uninstalled/reinstalled the game twice, I uninstalled/reinstalled the RTX4090 video card drivers and now I simply can't even click on the settings button or anything else. Once on the UI screen, the game crashes. I just move the mouse or press the keyboard and crash!
It's unbelievable that this kind of thing is happening after 3 years!
The game is vanilla, there are no mods, clean.
And crash.
Has anyone else experienced or is experiencing this issue?
Managed to solve?
I contacted CDPR support and guess what? It will take them a while to present a solution because the demand for technical support is extremely high.
We go back to December 2020.
Well, I uninstalled all the mods I had because I knew there would be crashes. I removed all the mods, I uninstalled/reinstalled the game twice, I uninstalled/reinstalled the RTX4090 video card drivers and now I simply can't even click on the settings button or anything else. Once on the UI screen, the game crashes. I just move the mouse or press the keyboard and crash!
It's unbelievable that this kind of thing is happening after 3 years!
The game is vanilla, there are no mods, clean.
And crash.
Has anyone else experienced or is experiencing this issue?
Managed to solve?
If you did, what was the procedure?
I contacted CDPR support and guess what? It will take them a while to present a solution because the demand for technical support is extremely high.
We go back to December 2020.

Attachments

• Captura de Tela (914).png
    Captura de Tela (914).png
    6 MB · Views: 70
Yes friend. I too have the same beef.

Windows 11
RTX 4090 Driver v537.42
AMD 5950x
WD Black SN850

Prior to 2.0 game ran well.

After 2.0 game would freeze 4-5 times a night but I could recover by killing the process in Windows and restarting the game.

After the Phantom Liberty download the game will freeze, the monitor will lose signal and my only course of action is a hard reboot.

I tried all that you have tried. Went as far as formatting the game drive (D). On the C: drive I deleted anything associated with Cyberpunk. I started a new game and it crashes during character configuration.

Initially I thought hey, a couple days they'll release a patch. Not so sure now. This doesn't seem to be a wide spread issue. Kind of a punch in the nuts to have to sit out the big launch though. Since I can't play the game at all now I'm feeling a bit restless. Probably end up putting in a day reinstalling the OS. Frustrating to have to do that but it runs for most people and I don't see any help coming any time soon.

Just to add that you may gain some insight from the DxDiag file. Mine has a bunch of crash events recorded and point to a dwm.exe file. What to do with that knowledge is beyond my skill level.

Last edited:
I can sometimes get to Lizzie's bar during Prologue for Corpo and it'll crash. I get this error.

Cyberpunk 2077 encountered an error caused by a corrupted or missing scripts file and will now be forced to close.

Followed the steps from CD Projekt's website stated. Fresh install. Still crashes. Did an update on 4090. Tried a roll back on the update. Same results. No clue what to do.

Yes friend. I too have the same beef.

Windows 11
RTX 4090 Driver v537.42
AMD 5950x
WD Black SN850

Prior to 2.0 game ran well.

After 2.0 game would freeze 4-5 times a night but I could recover by killing the process in Windows and restarting the game.

After the Phantom Liberty download the game will freeze, the monitor will lose signal and my only course of action is a hard reboot.

I tried all that you have tried. Went as far as formatting the game drive (D). On the C: drive I deleted anything associated with Cyberpunk. I started a new game and it crashes during character configuration.

Initially I thought hey, a couple days they'll release a patch. Not so sure now. This doesn't seem to be a wide spread issue. Kind of a punch in the nuts to have to sit out the big launch though. Since I can't play the game at all now I'm feeling a bit restless. Probably end up putting in a day reinstalling the OS. Frustrating to have to do that but it runs for most people and I don't see any help coming any time soon.

Just to add that you may gain some insight from the DxDiag file. Mine has a bunch of crash events recorded and point to a dwm.exe file. What to do with that knowledge is beyond my skill level.
It's really frustrating. I don't know what else to do.
Reinstalling the operating system is something I cannot admit.
If CDPR released something that causes such a big problem that it requires reinstalling the OS to be resolved, we are dealing with something illegal.
And the reason is simple: in legal language this is called an apparent defect. This is a matter of consumer law.
Cybrpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty is a product with an apparent defect (and we can even talk about a hidden defect).
Well, I'll wait.
It can be resolved with a new driver from Nvidia or CDPR releasing a fix patch.
It's unbelievable what I'm witnessing after 3 years.

I feel you man. Same this on series X. The worst this is the audacity of their sob stories about the V1.0 release, and now they go and do the same for V2.0. It's ridiculous.

I'll suggest to turn of all raytracing and shenanigans and proceed through quest which is crashing.

For crash on menu screen, try editing config manually and disable all rt effects

I'll suggest to turn of all raytracing and shenanigans and proceed through quest which is crashing.

For crash on menu screen, try editing config manually and disable all rt effects
Thank you for the suggestion.
And how do I do this if I can't access the game menu?

I could be wrong, but I suspect that CDPR note published before the release of update 2.0 regarding temperatures and excessive hardware usage on the PC platform was an indication that things were not going well for gamers playing on this platform.
The game seems to be a little better optimized for next-gen consoles. There are reports of crashes and bugs on consoles, but not something as serious as what is happening with PCs.
And so far, CDPR has not gone public with clarifying what is happening.
Wow, these guys didn't learn anything from what happened in December 2020.
I'm still waiting for support's response and correction patch. However, if the response/patch is that usual, standard CDPR thing, I will be forced to forget that this game existed.
I'm no longer a kid to put up with insults disguised as "nice" and "polite" words. Correcting an apparent defect/hidden defect in a digital asset as quickly as possible is a right regulated by legislation in most countries. It's not a favor.

Top Bottom