Cyberpunk 2077 at E3 2019

+
It's not like I don't already have ants in me pants over this game already, but ...

*ANTICIPATION INTENSIFIES*

antici-pation.jpg

https://www.spieltimes.com/news/cdpr-cyberpunk-2077s-development-is-proceeding-at-full-speed/
As Piotr mentions in the video, this year’s E3 is “the most important E3 fair in the Group’s history.” Additionally, he hints on some unannounced projects by saying, “We have a truly exciting line-up and cannot wait to present it!”
:think::think::think:

The Witcher 3 Trailer 2013 E3 Microsoft
The Witcher 3 Gameplay 2014 E3 Microsoft
The Witcher Gwent Trailer 2016 E3 Microsoft
Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer 2018 E3 Microsoft
Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer 2019 hm maybe Microsoft?

Oh. That's a surprise.

I'm starting to think that the game will be released much later than expected. :( (Don't worry, I don't expect any comment on that ;) )

How is this a surprise. Triple A open world rpgs never get hands on demos.

Why you would think this means we get a late release date, is beyond me.
Post automatically merged:

I'm also hoping for a YouTube demo, preferably with more voice over from Borys.

I will be watching E3 live, but I won't be there in the flesh.

Honestly, now I'm starting to wonder if they will even be at MS conference at all. Maybe they will only do public and private demo at booth/behind closed doors. Maybe us plebs won't see anything until a week after E3 is over. :(

They said this is their biggest most important e3 ever, and confirmed Cyberpunk would be there.

Theres no way they say all of that and then show the public (save for those in attendance) nothing.

Maybe CDPR will be kind enough to show us the closed one again in a few months time like last year.

A guy can dream eh?

That may not be nessecary if the releass date is late 2019, or early 2020 for that matter.

Did Witcher 3 get hands-on demos? I know Red Dead Redemption 2 did, but my memory is failing me.

Public or private, my question still stands.

"we are going to be hosting gameplay presentations "
Hey,
will there be some online streams? - Is time schedule coming?
Will ALL the content at E3 be streamed as well? - so the mortals will be able to watch trailers, gameplay, interviews, and everything?

Did Witcher 3 get hands-on demos? I know Red Dead Redemption 2 did, but my memory is failing me.

Public or private, my question still stands.
Rockstar hasn't attended E3 in years, RDR2 didn't get any hands-on at E3, one in spring and one in autumn. TW3 got an hands-on at gamescom 2014, then january and march 2015.

It sounds potentially similar to CP2077:
-announcement e3 2013
-live demo e3 2014
-hands on gamescom 2014
-release may 2020 (after 2 delays: fall->winter->may)

How is this a surprise. Triple A open world rpgs never get hands on demos.
If you mean at E3, AC origins and odyssey both got hands-on at E3 with release in autumn. If you mean, in general, just not true.

Last edited:
Are they? I hadn't seen this confirmed anywhere.
Cyberpunk wallpaper they released for Valentines's Day apparently contained a hidden date of 9 June 2019, which is the day of Microsoft conference, so if that's the case, I would say it's quite a big hint.

Yes, so did The Witcher 2, Hearts of Stone, Blood and Wine, as well as Thronebreaker (I don't remember how it was with The Witcher 1, though I do remember it got a regular demo... a month after release), but never at E3 or Gamescom for that matter. The events with the hands-on demos are always organized separately by CDPR and closer to release (usually it's a month before, but in case of The Witcher 3 it was a couple of months earlier due to second delay).

Cyberpunk wallpaper they released for Valentines's Day apparently contained a hidden date of 9 June 2019, which is the day of Microsoft conference, so if that's the case, I would say it's quite a big hint.

Yes, so did The Witcher 2, Hearts of Stone, Blood and Wine, as well as Thronebreaker (I don't remember how it was with The Witcher 1, though I do remember it got a regular demo... a month after release), but never at E3 or Gamescom for that matter. The events with the hands-on demos are always organized separately by CDPR and closer to release (usually it's a month before, but in case of The Witcher 3 it was a couple of months earlier due to second delay).
witcher 3 had the first hands-on at gamescom, I checked it out before writing my previous post.

The V Day thing had a june 9th message? How did i not notice this, where? Link to anything or one pointing it out?

witcher 3 had the first hands-on at gamescom, I checked it out before writing my previous post.
I'm quite sure that at Gamescom 2014 only the same demo as at E3 was shown and the first hands-on session occured at January 2015.

The V Day thing had a june 9th message? How did i not notice this, where? Link to anything or one pointing it out?
I'm not saying it is, only that it might be. It's been one of the theories on reddit regarding the numbers on the wallpaper (69, which might be both a dirty joke AND reference to Microsoft's conference). But of course it might be purely accidental as well.

"we are going to be hosting gameplay presentations "

Hey,
will there be some online streams? - Is time schedule coming?
Will ALL the content at E3 be streamed as well? - so the mortals will be able to watch trailers, gameplay, interviews, and everything?

Check the link, everyone there is going to stream the show with a focus on 2077.

Plus all the official stuff...and the recaps...

Rockstar hasn't attended E3 in years, RDR2 didn't get any hands-on at E3, one in spring and one in autumn. TW3 got an hands-on at gamescom 2014, then january and march 2015.

It sounds potentially similar to CP2077:
-announcement e3 2013
-live demo e3 2014
-hands on gamescom 2014
-release may 2020 (after 2 delays: fall->winter->may)

If you mean at E3, AC origins and odyssey both got hands-on at E3 with release in autumn. If you mean, in general, just not true.
I don't think companies plan their development around having 2 delays, but otherwise sounds practical.

If I recall correctly, the first delay was announced already before E3 2014, the planned release date at the time of the event was in February 2015. It could very well be similar for Cyberpunk 2077.

Regarding alpha vs. pre-alpha state, the game was said to have reached an important milestone last September, with the story being playable to the end. The speculation that it has been in alpha since then is probably based on that.

I don't think companies plan their development around having 2 delays, but otherwise sounds practical.
that's not what I meant, they planned the 2 E3s and a release before the third E3 (= november, then delayed to february and again to may). I wouldn't be surprised if for TW3 they wanted to provide hands-on at E3 or gamescom, but delays forced them to move them to january.

https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-con...d-projekt-group-teleconference-transcript.pdf

A teleconference reveals a few interesting details:

- Collector's Edition for Cyberpunk 2077 is already in development, which might suggest that we might learn about it's content at E3
- apparently the team for Cyberpunk 2077 already reached it's maximum capacity. The only part of the development team that might still be expanded is QA team
- again they confirmed that they have no plans for CP2077 VR support, because implementation of it would require too many changes to the game
- regarding the question about the release date reveal at E3, they have chosen to neither confirm, nor deny
- they were also asked if the preorders for the game are going to start after release date reveal, to which they answered that they can't tell, but also added that they did that with The Witcher 3, which might suggest "yes"

https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-con...d-projekt-group-teleconference-transcript.pdf

A teleconference reveals a few interesting details:

- Collector's Edition for Cyberpunk 2077 is already in development, which might suggest that we might learn about it's content at E3
- apparently the team for Cyberpunk 2077 already reached it's maximum capacity. The only part of the development team that might still be expanded is QA team
- again they confirmed that they have no plans for CP2077 VR support, because implementation of it would require too many changes to the game
- regarding the question about the release date reveal at E3, they have chosen to neither confirm, nor deny
- they were also asked if the preorders for the game are going to start after release date reveal, to which they answered that they can't tell, but also added that they did that with The Witcher 3, which might suggest "yes"

I never understand the purpose of "we don't confirm or deny." Why not just deny it if it won't happen, and save everyone the hype?

Very good to hear about pre-order and CE stuff. I want to snag the CE instantly, and I'll be watching E3 live to make sure I can if it's announced there. The last thing I want is for them to announce in the middle of the night for me that it's available, and it sells out before I wake up.

Top Bottom