Cyberpunk 2077 does not start offline anymore

+
Greetings

here to report a critical bug (for me at least)
CP77 does not launch when you disconnect your PC form the internet.

see here

CP77doesnotstartoffline.JPG

As you can see (lower right) i disconnected the PC on the hardware site to test the offline fuctionality of CP77
The game freezes during the loading screens as you can see in the Taskmanager

IF this is not a BUG, but intentional, then i may ask CD Projekt RED why CP77 requires a connection with 2.0 update??
That is directy against the GoG policies that promise DRM Free games on your house platform guys.
If CP77 needs a internet connection INTENTIONALLY, then please patch that out.
If this is a bug, please fix it guys.

Or if it is intentionally and you are not willing to patch that out, at least mark Cyberpunk 2077 as not DRM free.
Yes i do use the GoG Version, as said above it should WORK offline and completely without internet connection
as well as without Galaxy.

Regards o7

This had me curious since it would definitely be very weird from CDPR.

Sorry to report, the problem is on your end. It launches just fine while offline, with or without Galaxy, on my end.

This had me curious since it would definitely be very weird from CDPR.

Sorry to report, the problem is on your end. It launches just fine while offline, with or without Galaxy, on my end.

interesting... after my testing it now doesn t even launch with internet and galaxy running
something is really off and yes i have the needed drivers installled....

deleted my config files and make a install check rn and check again... IT DOES work though
i was already IN the Game...

PS: something is really off
as soon as i delete my config file from the AppData folder CP77 starts
after configurating the settings and restarting the game, it freezes....
WTH

Last edited:
You're not the only one. I've got the same issue. Connected to the internet, no worries. Offline, crashed before the loading screen finishes.

The HUGE difference would be the mods I use. There are a number of them and I haven't gone through them individually to see if any are the culprit yet. At the moment, I'm updating a clean version of the game on my lappy to try and poke around a bit.

Have you modded your game? Because if you have that's likely the source of the issue we're having.

UPDATE on the initial assumption

For me the freezing / crashing was due the latest NVidia Driver 537.42
when i did switch back to 528.49 (the previous driver) the game works
yes also without Internet and completely OFFLINE without Galaxy

So outside that issue, CDPR didn t go back in their NO DRM policy at all

Top Bottom