Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition not working on Xbox One / Microsoft not Refunding

+
This is unlikely to apply to gamers here, but Microsoft have marked Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition as being supported on Xbox One. I gifted a copy to a friend who I thought had an Series S but in fact only had a One S. Speaking to Microsoft, they said it should be compatible as it's marked in the Xbox Store as such i.e. shows as compatible with Xbox One and Xbox Series S/X. This is blatantly not true. So buyer beware - they won't refund!

So Update. After two attempts to get a refund from Microsoft, they have refused both times, saying the code was redeemed, even though they can see the account it was redeemed against only has an Xbox One. The Microsoft Store is still showing the game 'Works with' Xbox One although they have put a disclaimer on the store entry now saying it only works with Xbox Series S/X.

How they can deny a refund in this situation beggers belief and smells of mis-selling. Unfortunately there is no real recourse except going through the courts, but for £40, it's just not worth it. Very shoddy practice from Microsoft.

Did you send them a screenshot of their website as proof? Maybe that can help. But no idea how Microsoft handles issues like that. In my region the website description is correct so I can’t really reproduce the issue myself.

In the french, xbox store despite of the game title :
Capture d’écran 2023-12-29 à 00.51.50.jpg

The description clearly still claim that you can run the game on Xbox One... (readable on > Xbox One and Series S/X)
Capture d’écran 2023-12-29 à 00.51.jpeg

Not sure how such a mistake is still online and how they justify to refuse a refund... knowing they know exactly what type of console is linked to an xbox account...o_O

In the french, xbox store despite of the game title :
View attachment 11379223
The description clearly still claim that you can run the game on Xbox One... (readable on > Xbox One and Series S/X)
View attachment 11379226
Not sure how such a mistake is still online and how they justify to refuse a refund... knowing they know exactly what type of console is linked to an xbox account...o_O
I was close to blame MS… but after taking a look at PSN store it’s the same… PS5 in the headline but just below a PS4 badge…

Attachments

• B410EA29-0D8D-4E1B-AE6E-EAEB30E95B6B.jpeg
    B410EA29-0D8D-4E1B-AE6E-EAEB30E95B6B.jpeg
    736.9 KB · Views: 16
Did you send them a screenshot of their website as proof? Maybe that can help. But no idea how Microsoft handles issues like that. In my region the website description is correct so I can’t really reproduce the issue myself.
They have only recently (since middle of December) added the description to the site - possibly from people who have bought the game for themselves. The 'Playable on' section still shows Xbox One though...
Not sure who to blame (I doubt CDPR is able to "edit" the game description on stores^^), but I don't see any reason for MS to refuse a refund if the account who bought the game is linked to an XB1 :(

When I bought the game, the UK Store didn't even have the description (

Cyberpunk 2077: Ultimate Edition (Xbox Series X|S)​

It just showed 'Cyberpunk 2077: Ultimate Edition

and didn't have the top line of the description in the store:

Description​

Cyberpunk 2077: Ultimate Edition is only playable on Xbox Series X|S as it contains content not available on Xbox One.

This has been recently added after I gifted the game.

The UK Store still shows as 'Playable on: Xbox One, Xbox Series S|X).

Very shoddy practice from Microsoft...

In my region the website description is correct so I can’t really reproduce the issue myself.
For me it seems to make a difference how to search for the game. On PC PSN store shows PS4 and PS5 when checking Ultimate Edition (only PS5 mentioned in title, though), but when searching it with mobile app or actual PS4 console, I can't seem to find Ultimate Edition at all.

Edit: Mobile app actually says that the game is playable on PS5 only, but you have to read the small print. And even the small print sounds bit confusing.

PC screenshot and small print from mobile app.
1703841912294.png
Screenshot_20231229_113435.jpg

Last edited:
When I bought the game, the UK Store didn't even have the description (

Cyberpunk 2077: Ultimate Edition (Xbox Series X|S)​

Yeah I remember when you posted the first time. MS edited the title afterward.
The worst is to refuse to refund* the game knowing the obvious mistake on the description and because they easily have access to all kind of data about the xbox account (console/playing time/...).
I don't get it :(
(*even if the "refund" is "only" in form of points to buy another game...)

Top Bottom