Did Balls to the Wall... get harder?

+
Did one of the recent patches specifically make Balls to the Wall harder?

I was playing it for the first time in a while last night and the Scav ambush is yucking the ever loving crap out of my yum. I got my butt handed to me over a dozen times last night. I played this mission twice before, close to the time PL came out, and I do not recall the trauma I'm feeling now being attached to this.

I know some recent patches beefed up difficulty in some instances, most notably Smasher. (Fought him last night too, after I took enough abuse from Paco's drug induced story) Smasher was fine, definitely more challenging than the speed bump he used to be,. Reloaded 3 times but I loved I loved it.

(back to Balls to the Wall)
I try to focus on taking out the Scavs on Hansen's tail, otherwise those guys have you surrounded. Outside of that I'm not sure what I can do. Hansen has a knife, gun, and fists and that seems to be it. I feel like he's worse than Level 1 V, which is odd because in his boss fight he's super tough, has a Sandy, etc., yet he doesn't seem to have much by way of any cyberware for this fight.

Normally when I hit a challenge I look at the gear I'm using, my tactics, etc... all the things I can possibly change, especially if I can identity anything I'm doing/using that isn't working. But for this, I got no options. Tactically I try to get to cover, but sometimes I either can't make it or the available cover gets swarmed anyway.

I've had no problems stomping all over everything in general in this game, and as I mentioned, the things that presented a challenge I've been able to figure out. I've Neve reloaded this much many times for anything in this game.

So if anyone has any insights into why I'm such a gonk-brain (or what evil has been done to this mission) please, please, pleeeeeeeeease do chime in. And many thanks!
Post automatically merged:

Okay, so last night I played it again and knocked it out in one. It was challenging, but not like the previous night. I don't know what happened.... I guess I "got good" over night? .... got lucky?... maybe I was really off my game when I failed repeatedly?

I'm not looking forward, but in a way kind or am looking forward to doing this again. Not looking forward because of the trepidation. Looking forward because I'd like to see if that on instance of crushing failure was juste that, one instance... a fluke.

Last edited:
I recently started my first PL playthrough and I gotta say; If Hansen didn't have company to keep the enemy scavs busy, I dunno if I could survive the encounter since you can't leave the area. And honestly, f that auto-save point, that's my actual complaint. You do the whole car chase, only to get zeroed right after you get out of the car.

And honestly, f that auto-save point, that's my actual complaint. You do the whole car chase, only to get zeroed right after you get out of the car.
I think both auto saves would be good, pre car chase and your suggested post chase. I had a few instances where I was glad for the pre-chase save because I did horrible and that meant more Scavs. I mean that's the only aspect of the encounter you have any real control over.

But I it would have been nice to have that post chase save. Once I nailed the chase scene, like you say, it sucked to go back and do it again.

Top Bottom