Is there anything in the lore that explains why Dogtown Ajax rifles are different?

+
I have been hunting for a 5++ Ajax assault rifle and got one last night. From an airdrop in Dogtown.

...Then I realized the mag size was small... started digging, and the Ajax found in Dogtown had completely different stats than the Wiki says it should have (see screenshot). Damage much higher, only 20 rounds instead of 30 in the mag, and horrible weapon handling. Also double the armor penetration. This goes for the store bought ones too, which were only tier 5. All three weapon vendors had the corresponding stats (but with lower damage, of course).

It seems Dogtown residents have modified all Ajax rifles to be short range heavy hitters. Somehow?

This morning I went hunting (thanks for the tip from whoever said it) among the rank and file of Maelstrom gang members and found another one. This one has the correct stats (again, see screenshot).

Edit: apparently I can't post pictures right now? The forum refuses to upload.

Are you referring to the green-coloured variants? I'm not sure if there's a lore explanation but I always just assumed the green variants are Barghest related, due to the kind of neon green colour, and the devs made them a little different to add some variety.

Are you referring to the green-coloured variants? I'm not sure if there's a lore explanation but I always just assumed the green variants are Barghest related, due to the kind of neon green colour, and the devs made them a little different to add some variety.
Yes and yes. however ALL Ajax rifles sold in Dogtown has those stats regardless of color.

Top Bottom