DLSS 3 & Reflex PC Update

+
After update; My game is not opening. I'm seeing an error! I never used modes any before or now. Yesterday night I was not update my game. I played couple hours. Than after before sleep I update the game. Now I'm trying to start game I'm seeing error. Here is the details of it.

Version=1
EventType=REDEngineErrorReport
EventTime=0
ReportIdentifier=ffffffff-ffffffff-00000001-00000000
Sig[0].Name=StackHash
Sig[0].Value=0x0000000000000000
Sig[1].Name=ErrorReason
Sig[1].Value=Unhandled exception
Sig[2].Name=InternalVersion
Sig[2].Value=3.0.4506101 P4CL: 5661751 Stream: //R6.Root/R6.Release
DynamicSig[1].Name=OS Version
DynamicSig[1].Value=10.0.19044.2.0.0.768.1
LoadedModule[0]=Cyberpunk2077.exe
LoadedModule[1]=ntdll.dll
LoadedModule[2]=KERNEL32.DLL
LoadedModule[3]=KERNELBASE.dll
LoadedModule[4]=apphelp.dll
LoadedModule[5]=USER32.dll
LoadedModule[6]=win32u.dll
LoadedModule[7]=GDI32.dll
LoadedModule[8]=gdi32full.dll
LoadedModule[9]=msvcp_win.dll
LoadedModule[10]=ucrtbase.dll
LoadedModule[11]=ADVAPI32.dll
LoadedModule[12]=msvcrt.dll
LoadedModule[13]=sechost.dll
LoadedModule[14]=RPCRT4.dll
LoadedModule[15]=SHELL32.dll
LoadedModule[16]=libcurl.dll
LoadedModule[17]=sl.interposer.dll
LoadedModule[18]=dbghelp.dll
LoadedModule[19]=WS2_32.dll
LoadedModule[20]=ole32.dll
LoadedModule[21]=icuin.dll
LoadedModule[22]=WLDAP32.dll
LoadedModule[23]=combase.dll
LoadedModule[24]=CRYPT32.dll
LoadedModule[25]=SETUPAPI.dll
LoadedModule[26]=Normaliz.dll
LoadedModule[27]=cfgmgr32.dll
LoadedModule[28]=bcrypt.dll
LoadedModule[29]=icuuc.dll
LoadedModule[30]=OLEAUT32.dll
LoadedModule[31]=PhysX3Common_x64.dll
LoadedModule[32]=Galaxy64.dll
LoadedModule[33]=PhysX3CharacterKinematic_x64.dll
LoadedModule[34]=PhysX3Cooking_x64.dll
LoadedModule[35]=PhysX3_x64.dll
LoadedModule[36]=bink2w64.dll
LoadedModule[37]=PxFoundation_x64.dll
LoadedModule[38]=redlexer_native.dll
LoadedModule[39]=XINPUT9_1_0.dll
LoadedModule[40]=MSVCP140.dll
LoadedModule[41]=VCRUNTIME140.dll
LoadedModule[42]=amd_ags_x64.dll
LoadedModule[43]=VERSION.dll
LoadedModule[44]=POWRPROF.dll
LoadedModule[45]=oo2ext_7_win64.dll
LoadedModule[46]=WINMM.dll
LoadedModule[47]=HID.DLL
LoadedModule[48]=IPHLPAPI.DLL
LoadedModule[49]=MSWSOCK.dll
LoadedModule[50]=WININET.dll
LoadedModule[51]=VCRUNTIME140_1.dll
LoadedModule[52]=dbgcore.DLL
LoadedModule[53]=icudt.dll
LoadedModule[54]=IMM32.DLL
LoadedModule[55]=UMPDC.dll
LoadedModule[56]=CRYPTBASE.DLL
LoadedModule[57]=bcryptPrimitives.dll
LoadedModule[58]=kernel.appcore.dll
LoadedModule[59]=windows.storage.dll
LoadedModule[60]=Wldp.dll
LoadedModule[61]=SHCORE.dll
LoadedModule[62]=shlwapi.dll
LoadedModule[63]=napinsp.dll
LoadedModule[64]=pnrpnsp.dll
LoadedModule[65]=wshbth.dll
LoadedModule[66]=NLAapi.dll
LoadedModule[67]=DNSAPI.dll
LoadedModule[68]=NSI.dll
LoadedModule[69]=winrnr.dll
LoadedModule[70]=fwpuclnt.dll
LoadedModule[71]=rasadhlp.dll
LoadedModule[72]=secur32.dll
LoadedModule[73]=SSPICLI.DLL
LoadedModule[74]=clbcatq.dll
LoadedModule[75]=wbemprox.dll
LoadedModule[76]=wbemcomn.dll
LoadedModule[77]=wbemsvc.dll
LoadedModule[78]=fastprox.dll
LoadedModule[79]=amsi.dll
LoadedModule[80]=USERENV.dll
LoadedModule[81]=profapi.dll
LoadedModule[82]=MpOav.dll
LoadedModule[83]=dxgi.dll
LoadedModule[84]=uxtheme.dll
LoadedModule[85]=AudioDevProps2.dll
LoadedModule[86]=GameServicesSteam.dll
LoadedModule[87]=steam_api64.dll
LoadedModule[88]=PSAPI.DLL
LoadedModule[89]=CChromaEditorLibrary64.dll
LoadedModule[90]=WINTRUST.dll
LoadedModule[91]=mfc140u.dll
LoadedModule[92]=Comctl32.dll
LoadedModule[93]=MSASN1.dll
LoadedModule[94]=CRYPTSP.dll
LoadedModule[95]=rsaenh.dll
LoadedModule[96]=imagehlp.dll
LoadedModule[97]=gpapi.dll
LoadedModule[98]=cryptnet.dll
LoadedModule[99]=WINNSI.DLL
LoadedModule[100]=drvstore.dll
LoadedModule[101]=devobj.dll
LoadedModule[102]=nvapi64.dll
LoadedModule[103]=sl.dlss.dll
AppName=Cyberpunk2077.exe

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, devs can't sit there and solve the troubles all the time. It will take a year to rebalance the entire game, but they have a better things to do right now, for sure.
Anyway, have you tried to clear r6/cache/modded folder?

Any progress in solving this issue?
You know, devs can't sit there and solve the troubles all the time. It will take a year to rebalance the entire game, but they have a better things to do right now, for sure.
Anyway, have you tried to clear r6/cache/modded folder?
It's also not really CDPR. DLSS is a feature that is offered by Nvidia, not CDPR. Nvidia takes games and runs them through the learning algorithm over and over again until they achieve a result that they think balances performance and quality at the various settings. They release a new version, often with driver updates.

If you're receiving crashes that you think are related to DLSS (or FSR for AMD), it is far better to contact Nvidia or AMD support. You can contact CDPR about it, but there's probably nothing that they can directly do except help players fiddle with their in-game settings or update / roll back drivers cleanly.

Apologies, all -- I thought this was another DLSS thread. My mistake.

Last edited:
The game just does not want to launch after the DLSS Update.
The Launcher wants me to verify files, and refuses to start the game

Steps taken until now:

- Remove all mods
- Re-Install 3x
- Verify Files via Steam 3x
- Does not launch (error message from the Launcher) or flatlines (with Flatline-popup)

Result: No Launch, same error message from the launcher.

Ok, I did a clean install using CDPRs tut: https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...cal/issue/2233/how-do-i-clean-install-my-game Backupped my Savegames and copied them later on back into the savegame folder. Same behaviour by the game, the launcher asks me to verify files via steam. This is garbage. CDPR needs to adress this asap.

For me removing "sl.common.dll" file from game folder fixes this issue. Really rough workaround, not recommended if you had Nvidia GPU and you are using newly introduced features.

Ok, quick update: the CDPR Launcher seems borked. It wont launch, but if I start the newly installed game Cyberpunk.exe directly from the /x64 folder, it works.

Hi guys
I don't know how you did it but after the updgrade game doesn't launch on steam
for last two years I was patient because I believed you can really improve the game and I enjoyed playing it over and over again but now it looks you do not test the game after the update... what the hell?!?!?!
I am really keen to request for refund.... how is it possible to broke the game again

If you're receiving an error code or message, or better yet, the dump log, can you please post it? (Also, please put logs into spoilers so they don't take up too much screen real estate.)

[...]

For those who believe that this update does not have purely commercial purposes beyond suspicious (cui bono?), here are the words of the global art director for CD Projekt Red, Jakub Knapik said:

“Playing Cyberpunk 2077 with the AI-powered performance of NVIDIA DLSS 3 is the best way to access the stunning visuals the game has to offer — this technology helps us take a new step toward combining unconstrained visual fidelity with exceptional performance.”
Source: https://www.dexerto.com/tech/cyberp...patch-boosts-performance-by-up-to-45-2048103/

But it's ok.
It's all conspiracy theory and baseless accusation.;)
edit
Well, now I'm experiencing 2 problems:
1) in the graphics and video settings interface it says DLSS and Nvidia Reflex are not found;
2) in the game, when my character looks in the mirror, he sees nothing but dark (black mirror).
So I contacted CDPR support and the "solution" was as follows:

Please try clean installing your graphics drivers. Note that this process is different than simply updating your drivers:
1. Download the latest drivers using the following link: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
2. Download Display Driver Uninstaller and run it to remove previous versions of drivers.
3. Clean install drivers that you've downloaded in step 1.

As expected, nothing has changed.
DLSS and Reflex remain "not found" and the mirror remains dark.
CDPR managed, after 2 years of the disastrous launch, just now that the game didn't need major graphic changes, cause problems.
What this game really needs, at the moment, is more content, a more immersive Night City, additions of many things and not graphical "improvements".
There is a mod that allows your character to sit on any bench in town.
Not even that CDPR introduced in the game.
"Congratulations" CDPR.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
[...]

For those who believe that this update does not have purely commercial purposes beyond suspicious (cui bono?), here are the words of the global art director for CD Projekt Red, Jakub Knapik said:

“Playing Cyberpunk 2077 with the AI-powered performance of NVIDIA DLSS 3 is the best way to access the stunning visuals the game has to offer — this technology helps us take a new step toward combining unconstrained visual fidelity with exceptional performance.”
Source: https://www.dexerto.com/tech/cyberp...patch-boosts-performance-by-up-to-45-2048103/

But it's ok.
It's all conspiracy theory and baseless accusation.;)
edit
Well, now I'm experiencing 2 problems:
1) in the graphics and video settings interface it says DLSS and Nvidia Reflex are not found;
2) in the game, when my character looks in the mirror, he sees nothing but dark (black mirror).
So I contacted CDPR support and the "solution" was as follows:

Please try clean installing your graphics drivers. Note that this process is different than simply updating your drivers:
1. Download the latest drivers using the following link: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
2. Download Display Driver Uninstaller and run it to remove previous versions of drivers.
3. Clean install drivers that you've downloaded in step 1.

As expected, nothing has changed.
DLSS and Reflex remain "not found" and the mirror remains dark.
CDPR managed, after 2 years of the disastrous launch, just now that the game didn't need major graphic changes, cause problems.
What this game really needs, at the moment, is more content, a more immersive Night City, additions of many things and not graphical "improvements".
There is a mod that allows your character to sit on any bench in town.
Not even that CDPR introduced in the game.
"Congratulations" CDPR.

[...]
So im just going too state the obvious, ofc he said that. Nvidia is a partner too CDPR and they use most of there new tech before anything else. DLSS 3 is a pretty big leap for fps with high gfx settings, i went from 60 to over 100 at 4k maxed out settings in a heavy RT area, granted the implemention is kinda bad atm (it disables sRGB HDR, Vsync and forces you use reflex) But if they can fix these things im all for it. RT overdrive (whatever that is) is probably going too lower the fps again and will require more out of you gfx card.

I dont really get why you think its a conspiracy anyways, too sell more gpus? From one game? Does CDPR get payed by Nvidia too implement these new things too sell more gpus?

CDPR has allways used new things in there games (since witcher 2 atleast) with supersampeling and so on that could not run on ANY current cards back then with accepteble fps. Just like the old saying goes "can it run crysis?" its pushing the development forward, witch is a good thing. It will trickle down too the lower priced models too. Sure you might be salty it wont work on your 3090ti and your card isent the top dog anymore but thats how it works in tech. You either keep up or you decide you dont need the latest shiniest stuff and are happy without it.

If DLSS and reflex isent found theres obviously an issue with your install of either drivers OR the game. No mods? Repaired the install? Done a clean install of the game?

Ok, quick update: the CDPR Launcher seems borked. It wont launch, but if I start the newly installed game Cyberpunk.exe directly from the /x64 folder, it works.
Do you know where the .exe is located when the game is from Epic games store?
Post automatically merged:

Do you know where the .exe is located when the game is from Epic games store?
Oh, I found it and guess what, It didn't even work.

i´m getting a mssive fps drops/stuttering EACH time i open the inventary , the game version is the latest 1.61

i´m playing at ultra settings, raytracing psycho , dlss3 and dlss2 performance mode a 4k

performance is very good, 90-100+fps , but those annonying fps drops to 30 or so when i exit the inventary and return to the game is killing me

my pc is a ryzen 5900x , 32gb ddr4 3200c14 ram, and a 4080 founder edition

anyone has the same problem? also the game has some bugs, like npcs clipping between them, npcs floating, some textures/building clipping

hope they fix it soon, it is really anonnying those fps drops from 100fps i usually have to 30-40fps each fcking time i open the map/inventary and return to the game , and on this game you are constantly opening the inventary to change weapons or check the map or simply reading npcs info and other stuff

pd. i´m using the vanilla game, not any single mods intalled

WTF?!
photomode_06022023_224644.png

Attachments

• photomode_06022023_224815.png
    photomode_06022023_224815.png
    2 MB · Views: 74
Reminder -- direct downloads are not permitted. Either post the text for things like crash logs in spoilers, or share the link to files on a hosting site (pastebin, etc.)

OK.
Now I'm calmer and just ask for clarification... if possible.
Does anyone have the graphics and video settings screen like this?
This happened after the last update.
My VGA is an RTX3080Ti.

Attachments

• Captura de Tela (710).png
    Captura de Tela (710).png
    4.5 MB · Views: 52
  • Captura de Tela (711).png
    Captura de Tela (711).png
    4.3 MB · Views: 51
OK.
Now I'm calmer and just ask for clarification... if possible.
Does anyone have the graphics and video settings screen like this?
This happened after the last update.
My VGA is an RTX3080Ti.
You mean the "not localised" part? Yeah, I have this as well but aside from a missing localisation, there is no need to worry. (I meticulously report all the bugs I encounter, but I did not bother with this one :LOL: )

Top Bottom