DLSS 3 & Reflex PC Update

+
Thank you but I have done that several times. CET just released an update today, I installed that and verified again and still crashing.

Well, what other mods are you using? Doubt it's just CET.

Redscript is another framework that most people use and hasn't been updated yet. Plenty of people experiencing issue linked to that at the moment. Despite the mods depending on it being updated, as long as redscript itself isn't updated, necessary references are likely to cause crashes.

This is really an exercise in going through all your mods and updating them all, assuming an update is available. If it's not, check the comments, some may not need an update.

Well, what other mods are you using? Doubt it's just CET.

Redscript is another framework that most people use and hasn't been updated yet. Plenty of people experiencing issue linked to that at the moment. Despite the mods depending on it being updated, as long as redscript itself isn't updated, necessary references are likely to cause crashes.

This is really an exercise in going through all your mods and updating them all, assuming an update is available. If it's not, check the comments, some may not need an update.
Redscript is not a trouble, Mod Settings is.
Post automatically merged:

Interesting that the "Nexus community" is not already aware that every patch/update/hotfix which is not released on all platforms doesn't change the game version... Like the ones on Cyberpunk about AVX issues, Audio Software issues, PS4 hotfix on 1.5... or more recently, the last TW3 hotfix on PC :
-------
We’ve released another hotfix for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on PC. On top of further overall stability improvements it also introduces a number of fixes, including:

• fixes to photo mode,
  • fixes to the Arabic language in the game,
  • fix to the bug with toxicity stuck at max level,
  • Steam Deck improvements,
  • and more.
The game version won’t change.
------
I don't mind to get something fixed. What do I get now except "unchanged game version"? And I highly doubt there was a trouble with FPS on the latest video cards.

Last edited:
Today I managed to run the game. There are still some mods that don't work. But this is now the least. I already know what they are. I have a bug that could be caused by some mod: my V doesn't show up in the mirror. Let's see how I solve this. But that's not what I want to write about. I want to weigh in on this stupid update that was meant to benefit the 1% of PC gamers. As I have an RTX3080ti in my setup, this update is useless! Absolutely nothing has changed, neither for better nor for worse. What has changed is the graphic and video configuration interface: it appears as not found the DLSS and such Nvidia Reflex. The truth is, CDPR is a company whose developers, CEO(s) and marketing people just don't do almost anything right. More than 2 years have passed and this bunch doesn't see the "miracle" that modders do. Given CDPR's current posture (mainly after this stupid update), the chances of the expansion being a huge piece of shit have increased a lot. And we're still going to buy it because we like the story.
CDPR, the company that produces games with excellent stories and serious technical problems. And who loves $$$$$$$$$$ too much.
After this update that only benefits a handful of gamers who own RTX4000, I lost all hope with this title.

I want to weigh in on this stupid update that was meant to benefit the 1% of PC gamers.
hum... suprising, as far as I understand (could be wrong), Nvidia Reflex is supported by Nvidia graphics cards dating all the way back to the GeForce GTX 900 Series. So to say, all the Nvidia GPUs which are able to run Cyberpunk. Unlike DLSS frame generation which obviously, is limited to RTX 40 cards...

Yes, it's a CDPR decision, if you don't have a 4000 series you can't enjoy the DLSS fps boost. DLSS 2 has been removed from Cyberpunk 2077. We know that NVIDIA had an agreement with CDPR, what I didn't know is that this was one of the points of the agreement, leaving out DLSS whoever doesn't have a 4000 series to force sales of this toaster. It has no justification nor can we defend it, this is not right CDPR!!!
Post automatically merged:

It seems that you are right, DLSS 2 has been removed from Cyberpunk 2077. Only those who have a 4000 graphics card will be able to enjoy DLSS 3. A kick in the face to the players, is what I think.

DLSS 2 is still in Cyberpunk 2077 . You can verify this by going into the Bin and x64 sub-folders of the game directory and right clicking on nvngx.dll. It will say "2.3.4.0" in the details tab.

Last edited:
Image6.png

I wonder is this happening because of "unchanged game version" or because of added support for a lot better DLSS?

Image5.png

This seam gap is from day one of this game.
False alarm. But please at least sue the legs to V's body before releasing the expansion with more bugs over these.

Last edited:

An update for Cyberpunk 2077 is out on PC. It adds support for NVIDIA DLSS 3 and NVIDIA Reflex on compatible hardware. The update won't change the game version (1.61).

More information about DLSS can be found in this support article.

Note: If you're using GOG GALAXY, please make sure to also update the app. If the app is not up to date, the game will still work correctly but the GOG GALAXY Overlay will not run.
i cant play the game now, i keep getting error that it flatlined!

I've updated all necessary mods, clean install and still get "error missing or corrupted files", flatlined. I have not had a game breaking occurrence in 2 years haha. Going to try a clean install again and revert back to pre DLSS 3 update. Oof.

I've updated all necessary mods, clean install and still get "error missing or corrupted files", flatlined. I have not had a game breaking occurrence in 2 years haha. Going to try a clean install again and revert back to pre DLSS 3 update. Oof.
Going to quote myself here:

GOG version, Nvidia 30x. After the update 1.61 DLSS, the game keeps complaining there are "missing or invalid files" even on a clean install.

REVERTING to 1.61 (pre-dlss) SOLVED the issue. The game loads normally, with or without mods.

Yet another amazing Fup by CDPR.

To everyone saying it's mods, no, it's not just mods. When a clean install complains of "missing or invalid files", that's nothing to do with mods.

DLSS 2 is still in Cyberpunk 2077 . You can verify this by going into the Bin and x64 sub-folders of the game directory and right clicking on nvngx.dll. It will say "2.3.4.0" in the details tab.

I replaced that dinosaur with the most recent version, 2.5.1.

Last edited:
Cannot play the game. If I start via the Red Launcher, it will just crash directly with the message that it flatlined and allow me to send the error report. If I find the Cyberpunk executable and start it normally and opens the game to the menu. However, the cursor goes to a weird square and when i press continue (or tries to load an older save game ) I get "Error" Unable to load save data. The file was saved on a new version of the game. This is the case for all save games made in 2023. Some of the 2022 saves stil work.

After getting these errors, I tried reinstalling the game /after backing up the saves) but to no avail. I have verified integrity but nothing seems to work.

I use no mods what so ever. All save games are from a vanilla installation.

Attachments

• Cyberpunk - save from a newer version.png
    Cyberpunk - save from a newer version.png
    378.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
After getting these errors, I tried reinstalling the game /after backing up the saves) but to no avail. I have verified integrity but nothing seems to work.
You performed a clean install ?

I'm not sure how many of you had this problem, but after the patch 1.61 hotfix for DLSS3 installed my game wouldn't launch. It gave me a script missing or corrupt error warning, I rolled back to the previous 1.61 update and the game runs fine now. Currently running a I9-11900K with a RTX 3090 card, all drivers are up to date.

I repeat: this update is absolutely unnecessary. I know Reflex is available for older VGAs. The question here is that if it's been available for so long, why announce it? Does not make sense. Or rather, it does make sense: it's something they did to "compensate" for granting privileges to anyone who has an RTX4000.

"See, now only people who own the RTX4000 will be able to enjoy all the graphical beauty".

DLSS 3.0=$$$$$$$$$$$$

I see a behavior to gently induce the gamer to switch cards, i.e. buy an RTX4090, 4080 or 4070ti. This "update" even broke the game on PCs whose players do not have mods installed.
2 years later and the game is still crashing. Ridiculous.
Things like that are unacceptable.
How about after an "update" you can no longer see your character in the mirror?
How about a map all bugged?
How about a buggy config interface?

Attachments

• Captura de Tela (687).png
    Captura de Tela (687).png
    5.1 MB · Views: 37
  • Captura de Tela (688).png
    Captura de Tela (688).png
    5 MB · Views: 41
  • Captura de Tela (691).png
    Captura de Tela (691).png
    5.8 MB · Views: 40
I'm not sure how many of you had this problem, but after the patch 1.61 hotfix for DLSS3 installed my game wouldn't launch. It gave me a script missing or corrupt error warning, I rolled back to the previous 1.61 update and the game runs fine now. Currently running a I9-11900K with a RTX 3090 card, all drivers are up to date.
Did you used mods ?
If yes, check for each one on Nexus if they receive an update for the last patch.

Hey Guys Thanks for the update but the problem is my laptop is kinda old and i was playing with it anyway but after the update it shows the flatlined error :cry: i read in here the new update supports only RTX 40 so how about the Gamers who using the lower graphic cards same as me ? mine is NVIDIA GTX1050 :giveup: what should i do? it meas i cant play anymore ? it means i cant play the future DLC? THE PHANTOM LIBERTY....:giveup: HELLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP MEEEEEEEE I'M IN LOVE WITH CYBERPUNK.....PLEASE HELLLLLLPPP MEEEE

[...]
Hey Guys Thanks for the update but the problem is my laptop is kinda old and i was playing with it anyway but after the update it shows the flatlined error :cry: i read in here the new update supports only RTX 40 so how about the Gamers who using the lower graphic cards same as me ? mine is NVIDIA GTX1050 :giveup: what should i do? it meas i cant play anymore ? it means i cant play the future DLC? THE PHANTOM LIBERTY....:giveup: HELLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP MEEEEEEEE I'M IN LOVE WITH CYBERPUNK.....PLEASE HELLLLLLPPP MEEEE

No, you are not locked out of future content.

First, are you using or haver ever used mods? If the answer is yes, you first need to update your mods as they are likely your primary issue.

If the answer is no, there can be a number of thing. Nvidia also released a driver update, make sure your drivers are up to date to begin with.

There is also the possibility that you are part of a small number of people experiencing issues regardless of all the most common troubleshooting. CDPR may very well be working on a hotfix.

The new update does not "only support RTX 4000s series GPUs", it adds features that are only available to those GPUs, those with older GPUs can still enjoy the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom