DLSS 3 & Reflex PC Update

+
Update OK here, from GOG with RTX 3070. Is it all Steam installs having problems? Any common link to graphics cards?
I am running it via steam with an older nVidia GTX770. I am running no mods, and I mean none, zero, zilch, nada. I am almost certain that my aging alienware and it's components are a part of why the update broke the game for me, I mean I have to run minimal graphic settings and crowds set to the lowest level possible. Tech support collected my red engine crash logs and went silent. I will post if they write back.

Heard back from tech support, and we haven't learned much so far.
There is some configuration folder that is not being rebuilt after the fresh install, so we are stuck for a bit. still downloading the files for a roll back so I will work with tech support for now.

Last edited:
Hi. I honestly am a bit underwhelmed. Probably for an uncommon reason.

I just want my mods to keep running. Every update crashes the CET till it's updated as well. This, be it as it may, is disproportionally disruptive to how I use the game when set against of what value it brings.
Post automatically merged:

For others, fwiw, the update did include the NV Reflex with Boost option for the 30 series.
It is in the 'Video' menu.

My game does crash upon startup and even ran the file integrity check which did nothing to fix it.
Might have to reinstall the game losing all of my mods.

Hi. I honestly am a bit underwhelmed. Probably for an uncommon reason.

I just want my mods to keep running. Every update crashes the CET till it's updated as well. This, be it as it may, is disproportionally disruptive to how I use the game when set against of what value it brings.

Then turn off auto-updates.

This one is entirely on you unfortunately. We choose to mod the game and it comes with it's share of issues. Even Bethesda's games are tremendously affected by patches whenever they release.

It's the very nature of modding. There is a very simple solution to your issue.

My game does crash upon startup and even ran the file integrity check which did nothing to fix it.
Might have to reinstall the game losing all of my mods.

The same applies to you. No amount of file verification will fix this. We choose to mod, when the official files that those mods are dependent on are modified, they break. It's just that simple.

Either stop modding games or learn to live with the reality of modding folks. Clean install or wait for mods to be updated.

It is common for them to have to make some adjustments to the patch after leaving. I am a programmer, I understand how the situation is now on the CDPR side, they have to collect reports of unforeseen bugs to be able to fix them in the next few days if it is not due to your hardware or software.

Have a little bit of patience, the patch only came out a few hours ago, they can't fix everything now and respond to support as well. Communicate incidents to support and we have to wait a few days for evaluation and fixes.

Giving support has its positive side: it keeps us updated, but also negative: it is an extra effort for the fix company and more fixes.

There are companies that don't provide this support: Crysis 1, 2 and 3 have not been compatible with Windows 10 for 10 years!!!

Last edited:
DLSS 3.0 and other features. I had written that this would be terrible, since most PC gamers play with RTX2000 and RTX3000. It means that my RTX3080TI will now perform absolutely ridiculously. It is one of the ways that these companies (CDPR + Nvidia) find to "force" the gamer to change his VGA RTX2000/3000 for an RTX4000. Long live capitalism! Irony mode on.

Same boat as others: Flatlines at launch after this update when clicking play on redlauncher
Spec: Lenovo Legion Y540 17,3" i7-9750H RTX 2060
No mods

DLSS 3.0 and other features. I had written that this would be terrible, since most PC gamers play with RTX2000 and RTX3000. It means that my RTX3080TI will now perform absolutely ridiculously. It is one of the ways that these companies (CDPR + Nvidia) find to "force" the gamer to change his VGA RTX2000/3000 for an RTX4000. Long live capitalism! Irony mode on.

What?

There is plenty of games with DLSS3.0 that run flawlessly on my 3080TI. They would on yours too BTW. This is a patch problem.

Nvidia certainly locks this new tech behind new hardware purposefully but developers are not purposefully lowering your performance when adding DLSS3.0.

Not every company is out to get you.

But I guess if you have a 3070RTX you can continue playing with DLSS 2 and without Reflex. Or does this patch lower the performance to those who do not have a 4000? If so, it could be said that NVIDIA is right now taking its piece of the cake after having contributed Raytracing to Cyberpunk.

No... game developers do not do this. They're not beholden to Nvidia wishes and whims. They won't screw over the vast majority of their playerbase to add some minor tech upgrade from Nvidia. Especially not with an expansion right around the corner.

Adding DLSS 3.0 only means that those with the hardware for it can make use of it. Those who don't, won't make use of it. That is it.

But they are after the money. Before Nvidia profited from miners. Now they kind of want to squeeze money out of gamers. Smart!
Well, this patch sucks and not just because it puts more emphasis on RTX4000 owners, but also because it broke my game. It doesn't even open anymore. I play with mods. This is the reason for so many setbacks. I'll have to wait for modders to update Red4Ext, CET, Archive XL, Tweak XL, Redscript and others. This is the result of putting a game on the market with a wonderful story, visually stunning but... with serious technical problems.

Could be. I don't use redmod, just have mods I got from Nexusmods, but still scared to even open it at this point. Don't wanna risk it. lol
With CET, the mods I use generally regain function after CET is brought back to life.

The update also voided most of my game saves, yikes!
But I was able to get one out-of-the-bounds save and drive around the map to verify... the Dry Pass is still there!

But they are after the money. Before Nvidia profited from miners. Now they kind of want to squeeze money out of gamers. Smart!
Well, this patch sucks and not just because it puts more emphasis on RTX4000 owners, but also because it broke my game. It doesn't even open anymore. I play with mods. This is the reason for so many setbacks. I'll have to wait for modders to update Red4Ext, CET, Archive XL, Tweak XL, Redscript and others. This is the result of putting a game on the market with a wonderful story, visually stunning but... with serious technical problems.

Now, that's just.... Ugh.

I mean c'mon, man. It's just exasperating.

You modified the game. You chose this. That has nothing to do with company greed and/or incompetence. Nothing.

It is absolutely nonsensical to willingly and knowingly modify a game's official files and then complain because it doesn't work when those files are modified. You brought this on yourself. For the record, I ALSO brought this on myself. Y'know what I'll do? Nothing. Just nothing, because this is how modding has always worked and will always work. The mods will be updated. If they aren't, clean install the game and get back to playing with the mods that do get updated. You do not have any right to complain because you chose this.

If the game doesn't work for you on a clean install, that sucks. It really does. It's just a matter of time before a hotfix comes out. THAT you have a right to complain about. The second you mod the game, you have no business complaining.

Top Bottom