Does the diverse world of Night City include people with disabilities?

+
Remove the energy production center of the body in attempt to optimize maximum energy available.

Stalemate detected. Accessing stalemate resolution annex.

View attachment 10990679

Error. No arms. Summoning stalemate resolution associate...
Step 1: Eliminate all non-critical pieces & prevent the body from trying to repair said pieces to reduce nutritional requirements.
Step 2: Plug into predigested liquid nutrition drip & dedicated VR net interface.
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit (the corporation who's lab you now "live" in).

not every one is going to have cyberware, I think it would be lame if they did .. just as not everyone owns a smart phone. some people may not be able too afford cyberware, or maybe they would rather use what god gave them. instead of replacing it with something man made , as true with everything tech eventually breaks down and the more complicated it is the more maintenance that is required. how many times does your car break down or your computer stops working . and the question becomes do you want too put up with something like that when its your eyes your arms your legs.

not every one is going to have cyberware, I think it would be lame if they did .. just as not everyone owns a smart phone. some people may not be able too afford cyberware, or maybe they would rather use what god gave them. instead of replacing it with something man made , as true with everything tech eventually breaks down and the more complicated it is the more maintenance that is required. how many times does your car break down or your computer stops working . and the question becomes do you want too put up with something like that when its your eyes your arms your legs.
I can see your point here, but for me it kind of depends on what is the state of my body & what does cyberware offer? I have been dealing with malfunctions with my natural 'ware since birth, so choosing to replace my meat with synthetic parts feels more like taking ownership of the likely failures/issues this aspect is heightened when I can choose to hone/focus my body's operation by choosing parts that alter the function to be more fitting for my life. Then when something breaks down or has issues, I chose this situation, it isn't my body betraying me out of nowhere, which is what it can feel like when you are healthy but then out of the blue your aorta or liver try to kill you despite not having any associated risk factors or early signifiers. My computer has been operating relatively free of issues for 10 years, that's a way better track record than my body which doesn't have the added benefit of being easily upgraded.

not every one is going to have cyberware, <clip>
Keep is mind basic cyberware are the prosthetics, dialysis, catheters, etc. of 2077.
Yes, there will be people that can't afford them, or won't use them for various (usually religious) reasons but just like modern metal/plastic legs have replaced wooden ones basic cyberware is merely advanced medical technology.

Keep is mind basic cyberware are the prosthetics, dialysis, catheters, etc. of 2077.
Yes, there will be people that can't afford them, or won't use them for various (usually religious) reasons but just like modern metal/plastic legs have replaced wooden ones basic cyberware is merely advanced medical technology.

It would be interesting to see that play out, as a degree of economic segregation is a consistent theme in Mike's vision. The idea that the unwashed masses simply don't have access and have to scrap/build cyberware themselves could be a jumping off point for jobs V takes. (How) does the player decide to react? It's a feedback loop waiting to happen.

I always felt the notion that people would willingly chop of there limbs off too get cyber ones a bit asinine not every one is going too do some thing like that just because its Trendy and fashionable. I see the trendy people getting cyberware is more like people who get piercing and tattoos cause there self is not enough for them and they need some else too define them.

I would like to think that the vast majority of Humanity would not be that shallow or weak , that they act like a bunch of sheep following the trend lines. (why I felt the sheeple comment coming from the Malestrom gang member very amusing.)

so basically the population of people that would have cyberware are the people who need cyberware to function. and the folks looking to be trendy , and then there the folks who are looking for an edge ,

a corprate ceo is not likely too get Mantis blades.. unless he is planning too kill every one in his office. why the ordinary citizen is going too need Kiroshi eyes with new fangled gun grip???? if im looking for an edge im going to get enhancements the compliment my everyday life. most people are not going too get mantis blades because some day .. in the future I might be in a situation and im going too need those mantis blades better chop my arms off and get something I most likely will never use. maybe I can chop wood when im camping.??? If I live say in violent area yea I might consider mantis blades then. with the amount crap strippers have too put up with and being naked on stage I could easily see why Mantis blades would be on her wishlist. as they say when making monsters in fiction Form Follows Function. and I think that would be true for people getting cyber ware.

Last edited:
a corprate ceo is not likely too get Mantis blades.. unless he is planning too kill every one in his office. why the ordinary citizen is going too need Kiroshi eyes with new fangled gun grip???? if im looking for an edge im going to get enhancements the compliment my everyday life. most people are not going too get mantis blades because some day .. in the future I might be in a situation and im going too need those mantis blades better chop my arms off and get something I most likely will never use. maybe I can chop wood when im camping.??? If I live say in violent area yea I might consider mantis blades then. with the amount crap strippers have too put up with and being naked on stage I could easily see why Mantis blades would be on her wishlist. as they say when making monsters in fiction Form Follows Function. and I think that would be true for people getting cyber ware.
Very much this.

Cyberware should be ubiquitous BUT relevant to lifestyle of the user. Joe Average isn't going to have combat cyberware.

I always felt the notion that people would willingly chop of there limbs off too get cyber ones a bit asinine not every one is going too do some thing like that just because its Trendy and fashionable. I see the trendy people getting cyberware is more like people who get piercing and tattoos cause there self is not enough for them and they need some else too define them.

I would like to think that the vast majority of Humanity would not be that shallow or weak , that they act like a bunch of sheep following the trend lines. (why I felt the sheeple comment coming from the Malestrom gang member very amusing.)

so basically the population of people that would have cyberware are the people who need cyberware to function. and the folks looking to be trendy , and then there the folks who are looking for an edge ,

I would not change a member of my body for a cybernetics, it will take that in the game they give the option of not leaving their character very bizzarro to get to pass some mission, of course if you want to be bizarre the option would be yours

Hi! I'm a gamer with a rare form of Muscular Dystrophy that requires the use of an electric wheelchair.

Like most of you, I'm super excited to explore Night City and experience the stories that CDPR are crafting. My only concern is that, like most other games, people with disabilities will be absent from the world. Even in a futuristic setting that offers the option of "fixing" your body through mods and cybernetics, there would be many who couldn't afford it or would decide not to be modded. Even now in our modern society, there's a perception that people with disabilities are "broken". I'd love having a side-story that explores identity and self-worth for a person with a disability in a society that values perfecting your body.

p.s. I mostly want to see futuristic wheelchairs.

It would be a pretty dope game mode. Managing to make your disability into an advantage.
Post automatically merged:

Very much this.

Cyberware should be ubiquitous BUT relevant to lifestyle of the user. Joe Average isn't going to have combat cyberware.

If it was possible I would get a hidden cannon just in case something happened.

Top Bottom