edgerunner influence on 1.7 and dlc?

+
I heard edgerunner had influence on 1.7 and phantom liberty. is this true? please say its not true. edgerunners sucks in my opinion. its depressing af. if it did have influence, what particular feature did they add in that is like edgerunners?

edgerunners sucks in my opinion.
Well this is certainly an unpopular opinion. But the edgerunners related stuff were added with 1.6 and that's it.
If you are talking about the Cyberware capacity system, that's in the lore, has nothing to do with edgerunners. Also, the anime being "depressing" is because of it's story, none of the new GAMEPLAY features are related to edgerunners' STORY.
By the way, it's 2.0 patch. 1.7 doesn't exist.

I heard edgerunner had influence on 1.7 and phantom liberty. is this true? please say its not true. edgerunners sucks in my opinion. its depressing af. if it did have influence, what particular feature did they add in that is like edgerunners?
There are many things I disliked about Edgerunners, but the story being depressing was most certainly not one of them. I love me a good relentless tragedy.

Um...in patch 1.6 there was Edgerunners stuff. You got to find David's jacket along with being able to text one of the surviving members of David's crew. Also, Rebecca's shotgun could be found.
if thats all there is im fine with that.

Well this is certainly an unpopular opinion. But the edgerunners related stuff were added with 1.6 and that's it.
If you are talking about the Cyberware capacity system, that's in the lore, has nothing to do with edgerunners. Also, the anime being "depressing" is because of it's story, none of the new GAMEPLAY features are related to edgerunners' STORY.
By the way, it's 2.0 patch. 1.7 doesn't exist.
so its not called 1.7 i have heard it referred to as 1.7 on this site before. also i know its unpopular. tbh i like everything about it except the story. the animation and voice acting was good. but i like uplifting stories. there is too much sadness in the world.

The only influence is that they're referenced in the skill trees.
kuru-desu.
There are many things I disliked about Edgerunners, but the story being depressing was most certainly not one of them. I love me a good relentless tragedy.
what is it about grim dark tragedy that people like. for me i like it because i fantasize about fixing it and turning it in to noble bright. but is that why others like it too. why do you like this tragedy?

Who is in here talking bad about edgerunners?
i wish i had a girl to pamper like rebecca.

what is it about grim dark tragedy that people like. for me i like it because i fantasize about fixing it and turning it in to noble bright. but is that why others like it too. why do you like this tragedy?
I like to see the characters suffer and end badly as they would in the real world. It makes them, and the story, far more memorable. Fantasy that resembles the real world like that is the best (such is the case of ASOIAF and The Witcher).

Do you even play this game?

The DLC has been in development for a long time, before even the public knew about it, that would be before Edgerunners was even a thing. I'm sure they will include nods to the anime for those fans but the anime borrows from the base game so saying this DLC takes from the anime just means it all stems from the base game and there is a whole Table Top RPG that the entire franchise is built on also. I don't think you need to worry about too much influence from the anime.

I couldn't get through the entire anime, it was just...bad. I didn't have a problem with it being depressing because that was expected. It's tone just strayed far from the game to the point where I couldn't take the characters seriously and the usual over the top anime fan service with female characters who serve no purpose but as eye candy for male fantasy. It was just horrible.

Post automatically merged:

Um...in patch 1.6 there was Edgerunners stuff. You got to find David's jacket along with being able to text one of the surviving members of David's crew. Also, Rebecca's shotgun could be found.
Yes, giving a nod to the anime doesn't mean it's influenced by it. We had Witcher themed gear in the base game as well. It's for the fans

Last edited:
Top Bottom