Endless Nekker Deck

+
Endless Nekker Deck

Well ok, the Nekkers aren't truly endless, but this deck tries to make it seem they are. It's a fun deck and I win quite often too.

Leader: Dagon

3x Nekker
2x Ghoul
3x Nekker Warrior
3x Ekimmara
1x Ciri

1x Ocvist
1x Giant Toad
1x Johnny
1x Caretaker
1x Kayran

1x Decoy
1x Commander's Horn
2x First Light
1x Scorch
2x Dimeritium Shackles
1x Avalac'h

As soon as I have them, I'll try to find room for a Katakan and a Mardroeme. I may have to find room for an extra First Light too.

What do you think?

I am experimenting with a similar setup and liking it alot. I did cut one Nekker Warrior as it is a dead card wthout a nekker to work of and I felt you rarely need more than 1 or in a really good opening, 2 uses of the card on your nekkers.

Been experimenting with cutting some special cards for Arache and Arache Behemoths for further absorption synergy. Been a bit hit or miss so far. I do like adding Bekkers Twisted Mirror to my Arache variation since it can allow some great power swaps. Just switching a 2 power Arache for their 12 power Geralt is already a power swing of 20 (-10 opponent, +10 you).

I also run Olgierd for more staying power and again, a great target for Mirror in the final round and he can be be used as another absorbtion target for the Ekimmara since he will be right back later. Just be mindful of playing Ghouls while he is in the graveyard.

TriforceDragon Those are some interesting ideas, I'll have to give them a try. The bad thing is you are in trouble if you draw either of those as dead cards. I could see mirror being a big problem as it is easy to have the highest and smallest units on your side. Do you run Johnny or Last Wish to deal with this, or has it not been an issue?

I dropped the Ghouls from my build (no Arachas or Behemoth, either). I also have Katakan, but he's been very underwhelming so far. WIth a 3 timer I have yet to see him trigger more than once in a round (assuming he doesn't die right away due to 4 STR and easy Removal). I also use Ge'els as my leader. It's been useful against weather (ex: second round I had a Nekker, Nekker Warrior and Ekimarra out - they used Biting Frost, so I used Ge'els' ability so they can't be removed by Wild Hunt Warrior. Next turn I had Kayran for 26)

Treamayne;n7338410 said:
I dropped the Ghouls from my build (no Arachas or Behemoth, either). I also have Katakan, but he's been very underwhelming so far. WIth a 3 timer I have yet to see him trigger more than once in a round (assuming he doesn't die right away due to 4 STR and easy Removal). I also use Ge'els as my leader. It's been useful against weather (ex: second round I had a Nekker, Nekker Warrior and Ekimarra out - they used Biting Frost, so I used Ge'els' ability so they can't be removed by Wild Hunt Warrior. Next turn I had Kayran for 26)

Thanks for the warning about Katakan. That saves me the trouble of spending 200 scraps.

IAxiiYourMother;n7336300 said:
TriforceDragon Those are some interesting ideas, I'll have to give them a try. The bad thing is you are in trouble if you draw either of those as dead cards. I could see mirror being a big problem as it is easy to have the highest and smallest units on your side. Do you run Johnny or Last Wish to deal with this, or has it not been an issue?

Mirror certainly requires a bit of caution to use and I have messed up a few times, but the only real problem I have now is when the opponent plays a 1 power token of some description as it is hard for me to go below 2 power. My experience so far has been to toss Mirror if it is a Monster mirror match, but all the other factions will rarely pay anything below 2 power and many have some very big units to switch with.

I think the most important part to remember is to not hold Mirror back unless you are certain your opponent is going to pull some massive buffed creature on you. A 2 to 10 power switch is still a net power gain of 16 after all.

Top Bottom