Enemy respawn radius increased?....

+
Here comes another disappointment... I just noticed the respawn radius of trash mobs increased massively.... I just logged in after the patch to "lvl" my current char in Pacifica - the location with the 2x3 enemy packs and another one on the parking lot... the cycle was nice just run across the street to respawn them - now that doesn't work anymore... just why? haven't checked other leveling routes yet... but cmn CDPR whats the reason for limiting enemy respawns?... How should we be able to get some exp out of gigs and main story if enemies won't respawn as usual?... this patch is killing me...

Here comes another disappointment... I just noticed the respawn radius of trash mobs increased massively.... I just logged in after the patch to "lvl" my current char in Pacifica - the location with the 2x3 enemy packs and another one on the parking lot... the cycle was nice just run across the street to respawn them - now that doesn't work anymore... just why? haven't checked other leveling routes yet... but cmn CDPR whats the reason for limiting enemy respawns?... How should we be able to get some exp out of gigs and main story if enemies won't respawn as usual?... this patch is killing me...
"Why"?

Presumably, someone in CDPR have seen some few videos of "grinding loops" (quite a number of which is freely available in youtube and elsewheres), and then he said to himself and/or his peers: "oh look, this gameplay is so boring and uninteresting and primitive, we don't want our players do this!".

And then he (or someone else) replied to that with something like "well then how can we make sure this does not happen anymore? Well let's make respawns impossible unless the player spends enough time far far away, this way they'll keep seeing different places and fight different enemies in different areas".

The thought that players would very very much _hate_ spending times more time into the grind (which they'll be doing anyway, this or that manner) - apparently did not cross their mind... Why not? It's rather common occurence for all kinds of game developers: they make their game, but they don't play it themselves to the extent of "die hard fan". They simply have no idea why and how "grind" and "end-game" is done - they never tried it themselves, they don't participate in discussions about it, and for good reasons: they have time-consuming job of making the thing, and in their free time (which in gamedev is often very small if at all available) - they are often dead sick about their own game already.

So in shorter words, this looks like a case of usual gamedev developers / players gap in action.

This all is pure speculation, of course. But could this happen? I mean, is this completely unrealistic that it's why this happened? I don't think it's unrealistic. "Could be". So unless someone has any better idea, guess this would remain my working hypothesis for this matter.

Top Bottom