Fake Night City Legend

+
I don't know if there have been similar suggetion before, but if there was, then let it be another confirmation that the players want it.
Looking at the reputation mechanic in terms of how legendary Night City is, reputation seems to be devalued. Look, before the events at Konpeki Plaza, we can raise our reputation level to 50 without leaving Watson. At the same time, of the fixers, we are only dealing with Regina and Deshawn. Well, Wakako, yes. The rest of the fixers don't even know about us, how can we have such a high reputation? With that, apart from doing simple gigs and killing gang members (just two of the many gangs), we do nothing that would make us such a well-known mercenary. In fact, we are doing exactly what an ordinary mercenary should do. Not legendary.
Right now, reputation has no value.
My suggestions:
1. Introduce a decreasing reputation multiplier until Jackie gets into the Major Leagues and until V can leave Watson;
2. The maximum reputation level should be a challenge for the player. Each of the fixers should have their own personal level of relationship with V. And in order to get the maximum reputation in Night City, you need to have top relationships with each fixer + respect from gangs (given their rivalry, it’s possible from one or two);

(Optional)
3. Reputation must be of value to the player. High fees, elite gigs with strong enemies and bosses, unique weapons from vendors (by the way, it would be a great idea to make special gang/fixer vendors);
4. Make a rating (even fake) among mercenaries inside the game. This will give the player a goal, increase the motivation to complete side quests.
This is not all, but key suggestions.
Sorry my english.
Post automatically merged:

As it is for now, it's just an "secondary" player level to unlock items/cyberwares/GIGs in shops/riperdocs/fixers, nothing more. It make a little bit more sense if you don't grind too much before "The Heist" (like don't do anything before The Heist). Because you have to seriously "grind" to reach the level 50 of Street Cred just in Watson...
Unfortunately, it's a little bit too late for change this system in my opinion, but who know.

You're taking the mechanic out of context. Street cred has nothing to do with jobs at all. It has to do with vendors, mostly. Cyberware, weapons, and vehicles are all tied to street cred. Basically, the more it is, the better the stuff you can buy. I can leave town as soon as the second act starts, and every fixer between kabuki and the badlands will call and say they're the one who'll be giving me work in that area, regardless of level or cred.

It feels like an underdeveloped mechanic, maybe more was planned for it? TBH, you hit level 50 so quickly, I forget about street cred most of the time.

Perhaps one of the expansions will do something with it?

Top Bottom