Modding Concept: Reputation System. Is this possible?

+
Hello everyone,

When I finished playing through Cyberpunk 2077 last December, I decided that I really wanted to try modding the game. However, I dropped that idea as I moved onto other games, but now I want to try creating this with the new DLC.

Description
When fighting the Police, Barghest, Maelstrom, The Mox, Voodoo Boys, Tyger Claws, 6th Street, Animals, or Valentinos, you will gain or lose reputation. You gain reputation by fighting in their favor during fights, and you lose favor by killing them.

If you have too low of a reputation, the gang will become alert very quickly and attack you. If you have high reputation, unless you shoot them in the face, the gang will never activate to your presence.

The map would reflect territory control of each gang. The more you help a gang out, the more frequent they spawn. If you heavily favor a gang, other gangs will be pushed out of different areas of Night City until they no longer spawn. Every gang has a home base from which their units spawn, and then spread out. The map would be shaded for that gang like in PlanetSide 2 or other faction control games.

So of course, the question is if this is possible.
  1. How would reputation be stored? I'm thinking I would create a custom item and store a stack of that item in the player's inventory. Unless, is it possible to add custom attributes to the player?
  2. Is it possible to change the rate at which enemies become alerted to your presence?
  3. Is it possible to control which gangs spawn where?
I had other notes on this mod that I wrote down last year but I can't remember the rest. Hopefully booting up the game will remind me.

Its a good idea and would help NC feel more alive and reactive.

I've no idea why it was never put into the game as the setting is perfect for it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom