Fog pop in issue on 32:9 ultrawide only, can it be fixed?

+
Hi,

I have this issue where fog pops in at super ultrawide aspect ratios. Before commenting about mods, yes it still does it on the vanilla game with a new fresh save at 100 FOV. At lower FOV's at 32:9 the issue is reduced but, playing at such a low FOV is not enjoyable for me and many people. Why add an FOV slider if it breaks things when used right? I assume it affects everyone with 32:9 monitors but that is a small amount of people so nobody has reported the issue yet. It only happens at 32:9. 21:9 and 16:9/16:10 seem to be fine. It is very distracting and I hope a fix can be made for it. If there is an ini tweak that could fix this I am more than happy to add it to my game. Thank you. Video of the issue below:

You can report it here:
(click on "contact us" to send a ticket to CDPR support)

But if you do so you should tell them more about your PC (CPU, GPU, Ram...).
I'm suspecting that the very high resolution is the main issue.

I assume it affects everyone with 32:9 monitors

This happens to standard resolutions as well, the only thing that varies is the distance at which it happens because I play at 1920x1080 with default 80 FOV and the bigger smokes like the one in the background of the video do this all the time around Watson, Pacifica and Badlands.

Never reported it though.

Hi,

I have this issue where fog pops in at super ultrawide aspect ratios. Before commenting about mods, yes it still does it on the vanilla game with a new fresh save at 100 FOV. At lower FOV's at 32:9 the issue is reduced but, playing at such a low FOV is not enjoyable for me and many people. Why add an FOV slider if it breaks things when used right? I assume it affects everyone with 32:9 monitors but that is a small amount of people so nobody has reported the issue yet. It only happens at 32:9. 21:9 and 16:9/16:10 seem to be fine. It is very distracting and I hope a fix can be made for it. If there is an ini tweak that could fix this I am more than happy to add it to my game. Thank you. Video of the issue below:

I reported this ages ago, but I did not know this was caused by 32:9. Please report this bug, maybe they will be able to fix it. 🤞

Top Bottom