Forget Steam, worry about the game being multiplayer

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget Steam, worry about the game being multiplayer

Seriously, who cares if it uses Steam or not? Plenty of old school, hardcore RPGs use Steam. It's the multiplayer that scares me. Why does a game like this need multiplayer at all? Couldn't we have just one developer that doesn't go down this route? As it is, after this, I'm not going to be preordering any CD Projekt games anymore. I'm losing faith in them. I remember Bioware devs promising that them going console wouldn't affect the quality of the games they make. We know now that was all BS.

Seriously, though, does everyone here like this development? Don't we have enough useless tacked on multiplayer??

You want to know who cares if the PC version of Cyberpunk 2077 will be sold exclusively to Steam only? The people who have no internet connections at all, have crappy internet connections or have bandwidth caps because of whatever reason their Internet Service Provider (ISP) wants to do crap like that.

Some of us PC gamers are happy that CD Projekt RED will sell a 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free physical boxed version of the PC version of Cyberpunk 2077 to brick and mortar retailer stores world wide and on gog.com as well.

Also I agree with you I don't want multiplayer for Cyberpunk 2077. If CD Projekt RED can have good storytelling with immersion and good multiplayer then I am ok with multiplayer being added.

Oh,not Steam again. CDPR RUNS Good Old Games. It's in the FAQ. Why would they sell exclusively to Steam? Madness. Do they seem insane to you? Well, maybe that Guillame guy - he looked a little wacko.

Anyway, looked for multiplayer poll, couldn't find it. I blame Gregski. That mod is up to no good, I tell you.

Answer to your question: many of us look forward to some kind of mutliplayer, even PvP, if done right. I do, Wisdom does, I think Redge does, ( he better...I have some plans) and 321 is so quirky this week he does, next week he won't, week after he'll be tied up in dried banana leaves while yodelling the Imperial March. Others...I think Dragon does? Or doesn't care? She's old and breathes fire. Slim doesn't. I think. Anyway.

You've tainted your proposition by qualifying it as "useless tacked on multiplayer" so that anyone who disagrees with you is for crap multiplayer. I could ask if anyone here wanted useless tacked on singleplayer. Of course not. We'd like GOOD multiplayer, though.

I have no idea if going console affected the production of DA2, although it seems likely. Witcher 2 came out for Xbox 360 and it was still good. Don't preorder - it's mostly bragging rights anyway and I wonder that people aren't less satisfied if they preorder than if they waited, checked reviews and friends' evaluations and bought then.

Oh,not Steam again. CDPR RUNS Good Old Games. It's in the FAQ. Why would they sell exclusively to Steam? Madness. Do they seem insane to you? Well, maybe that Guillame guy - he looked a little wacko.

Anyway, looked for multiplayer poll, couldn't find it. I blame Gregski. That mod is up to no good, I tell you.

Answer to your question: many of us look forward to some kind of mutliplayer, even PvP, if done right. I do, Wisdom does, I think Redge does, ( he better...I have some plans) and 321 is so quirky this week he does, next week he won't, week after he'll be tied up in dried banana leaves while yodelling the Imperial March. Others...I think Dragon does? Or doesn't care? She's old and breathes fire. Slim doesn't. I think. Anyway.

You've tainted your proposition by qualifying it as "useless tacked on multiplayer" so that anyone who disagrees with you is for crap multiplayer. I could ask if anyone here wanted useless tacked on singleplayer. Of course not. We'd like GOOD multiplayer, though.

I have no idea if going console affected the production of DA2, although it seems likely. Witcher 2 came out for Xbox 360 and it was still good. Don't preorder - it's mostly bragging rights anyway and I wonder that people aren't less satisfied if they preorder than if they waited, checked reviews and friends' evaluations and bought then.
I take it you didn't read this part in my comment?

Some of us PC gamers are happy that CD Projekt RED will sell a 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free physical boxed version of the PC version of Cyberpunk 2077 to brick and mortar retailer stores world wide and on gog.com as well.

Did you not see that I said on gog.com as well? I know CD Projekt RED runs gog.com. Marcin Iwinaski is the founder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom