Game breaking bug that does not allow you to scan quest objectives.

+
I contacted support yesterday about this issue and found out some new info that may or may not help identifying the actual cause of this glitch.

The glitch: I cannot scan the majority of mission objectives (highlighted in yellow). I currently cannot progress in "With a Little Help From my Friends" (finding the keycard), "Gimme Danger" (scanning the location) or any other main mission that requires scanning objectives.

I've tried:
-resetting the game
-resetting xbox after clearing cache
-deleting all but 5 save files
-creating a new save file, restarting the game and loading the new save file
-defaulting settings
-replaced the optic cyberware with the original
-deleting and reinstalling the game
-scanning the objective from multiple angles***

***Here's where I found something interesting I hadn't noticed yesterday. When I looked at the edge of a mission objectives, I would very briefly have a pop up that brought up a quick hack option. I couldn't read it fast enough before it vanished so I took a video and caught the message in the playback (picture attached). It gives me the option to "distract enemies" but for only a fraction of a second. I cannot execute the command either and this happens around the edges of ALL the quest objectives that I cannot scan.

Could it be possible that the game is misidentifying the mission objective as a different game asset - like a computer or other device that has the potential to distract enemies?

Idk how useful this is - my only solution so far has been starting a new playthrough after nearly 30 hours. There a save point 7 hours in the past that I also restarted to see if its at a point where the glitch is not occurring. Still, even if that save file is good and gets me through where I currently am, there's no guarantee it won't happen again.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 20201229_165847.jpg
    20201229_165847.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 238
I have the same issue in this quest - can't scan yellow-ish items in the tower and so I can't pick up the punch card. I have to yet determine, whether this is happening only in this quest for me or if somehow this ability is broken for me in all quests and missions now. If I find out that all my quests are bugged now, I will also try to go back a several hours, as there was a mission in the badlands where I had to scan tire tracks and it worked there (really don't wanna start over).

Did not catch this brief hack possibility though, I will try as well. I tried every possible options in this tower to get this punch card, nothing worked at all (verifying files, start quest over, new save and load, different choices etc.).

I sent my savefiles to CD project red within a bug report and now I guess I have to wait if some patch will fix it. The question is though, whether this fix will only prevent this from happening or if it by some miracle could fix my savegame in which it is already broken.

PS. can't scan even the device Mitch wants me to scan outside the tower

I have the same issue in this quest - can't scan yellow-ish items in the tower and so I can't pick up the punch card. I have to yet determine, whether this is happening only in this quest for me or if somehow this ability is broken for me in all quests and missions now. If I find out that all my quests are bugged now, I will also try to go back a several hours, as there was a mission in the badlands where I had to scan tire tracks and it worked there (really don't wanna start over).

Did not catch this brief hack possibility though, I will try as well. I tried every possible options in this tower to get this punch card, nothing worked at all (verifying files, start quest over, new save and load, different choices etc.).

I sent my savefiles to CD project red within a bug report and now I guess I have to wait if some patch will fix it. The question is though, whether this fix will only prevent this from happening or if it by some miracle could fix my savegame in which it is already broken.

PS. can't scan even the device Mitch wants me to scan outside the tower

If it's the same glitch, I'll save you some time. I reverted to a save file about an hour before I started "With a Little Help from My friends" and started "Automatic Love". I couldn't scan optional quest objectives. I went back again and tried doing "Gimme Danger" - could only scan one gate.

I reverted a save file back 7 hours, before any cyberware upgrades to my optics and operating system. I finished "Life During Wartime" and then immediately started "Automatic Love" to see if I could scan the optional objectives - I could.

I suspect it might have something to do with upgrading the optics (which I can live without so I won't even bother upgradibg) but if its linked to my operating system, I'll be pretty upset. I will test it out later today by upgrading V's OS to see if that caused it. I'm also steering clear of Panam's missions for now.

Thanks for the heads up. So far I went back before even buying new car, and I could scan quest items there in a gig with the dude in the fridge - however my optics are already enhanced there, my operating system is not though. So I hope it's not the case, because I don't wanna play with small RAM for the rest of the game. I will try to the opposite attitude though - rush the Panam missions to get to the tower again and check whether I can finally pick the punch card or not if I will not upgrade the OS.

I just finished "Gimme Danger" with an upgraded OS but did not upgrade my optics. Starting to suspect its the optics but I did try to originally change them in the past when I first encountered this glitch (by buying back the original optics). I'm going to do the mission where I help Saul escape and retry "With a Little Hell from my Friends" afterwards, to see if I have issues again.

I would retry "Gimme Danger" with upgraded optics but I think I spent enough time getting back to where I was lol.

Hi again, some feedback from my side for a change - I got quickly to the "With a Little Hell from my Friends" side quest, but without upgrading my OS. It worked this time (finally). Then I loaded back, went to Victor and upgraded it again, however with a different OS than I had before. Checked the mission again and it works as well. So honestly I have no idea what was the issue. I will just keep an eye for possible weird behavior when scanning quest items.

PS. I noticed I can scan tarot cards properly again. Before with the bug I could interact with them but I could not scan them, the scanner would not pick them at all. Could be a nice check tool if everything works correctly between missions, but who knows.

Top Bottom