GoG and steam two versions of cyberpunk share the same save file location

+
Hello everyone, so I wanted to play all three lifepaths, three different V, some games (like Fallout 4) allow me to categorize save files under different characters, but cyberpunk 2077 doesn't have this fuction, as a result, i chose to focus on two lifepaths only(corpo female v / nomad male v) and bought another copy on steam to play them.
So I deleted all save files on gog(first purchase 2020-12) and played phantom liberty on steam(second purchase 2023-7) first, when I go back to GoG to play another lifepath I found out what the title has mentioned, not only the steam save files synced, I got phantom liberty achievement without even playing it (see how I got two end game achievements already before saving Myers),
1704200448812.png

1704199741892.png
1704199540073.png

tldr: I bought the game twice in hope to play different lifepaths without savefiles interfering each other but could't do it and messed up my achievements, it's frustrating.
Is there anyway for me to work around it? If not CDPR please give me an option to custamize save file location, thanks in advance.

It's pretty standard for games to have the exact same save path regardless of where you bought them. CDPR will not add this. 2.1 was the last content patch. It'll be bug fixes only going forward.

You're on PC, you have the ability to manage this quite easily already. Just move your saves to different folders you rename according to their respective character/lifepath.

"It's pretty standard for games to have the exact same save path regardless of where you bought them"
I care to disagree, steam and gog versions of skyrim have different safe file locations and that game also allows me to categorize save files under different character names which is the reason i bought 2 copies of 2077 in the first place
1704204183240.png

Post automatically merged:

"You're on PC, you have the ability to manage this quite easily already. Just move your saves to different folders you rename according to their respective character/lifepath."

so your solution is to copy paste folders everytime i feel like playing a different character while cloud save is still enabled...

this is not a solution AT ALL

Last edited:
"It's pretty standard for games to have the exact same save path regardless of where you bought them"
I care to disagree, steam and gog versions of skyrim have different safe file locations and that game also allows me to categorize save files under different character names which is why i bought 2 copies in the first place
View attachment 11379712

Standard does not mean there are no exceptions lol.

Regardless, even if every single game out there since the dawn of time had different save paths based on where you bought the game it wouldn't change the fact you have a very easy way to handle this yourself that doesn't require more than 10 seconds of your time and doesn't require buying another copy of another game.

"You're on PC, you have the ability to manage this quite easily already. Just move your saves to different folders you rename according to their respective character/lifepath."

so your solution is to copy paste folders everytime i feel like playing a different character while cloud save is still enabled...

this is not a solution AT ALL choom

It is, you just don't like it :shrug:

You're not getting any other way so you can either do it or keep track of your different lifepaths in-game.

"Standard does not mean there are no exceptions lol."

please show me some examples of two platform sharing same save file locations before making that claim cause i have plenty of which dont, let me see:

fallouts, elder scrolls, control, crysis, tomb raider, life is strange(and before the storm), mirror's edge etc etc

"the fact you have a very easy way to handle this yourself that doesn't require more than 10 seconds of your time"

please post vid of you doing just that in 10 seconds

Last edited:
"Standard does not mean there are no exceptions lol."

please show me some examples of two platform sharing same save file locations before making that claim

"the fact you have a very easy way to handle this yourself that doesn't require more than 10 seconds of your time"

please post vid of you doing just that in 10 seconds

Oh god, you're trying to turn this into a petty argument.

Your take away here should be that CDPR won't be implementing what you're asking for. Many have asked for separated characters before and it wasn't implemented, the chances of it happening now are slim to none.

You can either do a quick CRTL+C and CTRL+V to exchange your save files, keep track of them in-game or, lucky you, I remembered a mod that does exactly that and I'm feeling helpful regardless - https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/3400

Those are your only solutions. Have a good day.

You rushed to their defense with false information while I asked for a simple fix. That said, you still haven't provide a single example where two platforms version share same save path.

As far as I can remember, every game I bought twice give me seperate save locations, even Grand Theft Auto. Cyberpunk is not a multiplayer game and it does not require user to log in to a second account or have third party eula so there's no scenario where you use one account to log in on two different platform, meaning there's no reason for them to sync.

This is another bug they need to fix, not something I have to patch mods for.

" CDPR won't be implementing what you're asking for. Many have asked for separated characters before and it wasn't implemented, the chances of it happening now are slim to none."

Lol I'm not even asking for that at this point, I'm asking them to not use the same save files for players who bought it on different stores ok? Is it such an outrageous thing to ask?

Last edited:
Uhm you are used to buy games in several versions just to handle savefiles?… i don’t get it…

sidenote - posting on the forum isn’t an official bug report, more like a place to discuss topics and get help from the community. Grim showed you several ways how you could handle your issue but obviously it’s not what you are looking for - copy pasting your own post won’t help either… because non of REDs officials will read it - you might write a bugreport-ticket but than again it’s highly doubtful that your request will be solved by them since it was asked before and haven’t been taken into account since : /

Last edited:
Top Bottom