Gorilla Arm variant changes in animations

+
I have the blue electrical variant of the gorilla arms. This shows when I equip them in combat. However, when I'm running around, driving, in conversation, using the arms to open doors, etc... they change to the physical white variant. Anyone else? I've tried uninstalling my mods and then the game to revert it to a unmodded state and no luck. I've also contacted CDPR in case this is a game bug.

Attachments

• 20231114004611_1.jpg
    20231114004611_1.jpg
    693.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 20231114004616_1.jpg
    20231114004616_1.jpg
    787.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 20231114004616_1.jpg
    20231114004616_1.jpg
    787.1 KB · Views: 73
  • 20231114004625_1.jpg
    20231114004625_1.jpg
    518.5 KB · Views: 78
It's not your mods, this has been an oversight/bug since pretty much always.
  • Before 2.0 the Gorilla Arms would change appearance based on the elemental damage mod the player installed as a damage type mod, but would revert to their default white appearance when they're not actively wielded.
  • Since 2.0 CDPR removed elemental damage mods and made all 4 elemental variants their own unique entity. Was hoping this would finally fix them, but unfortunately they still revert back to white default appearance when not wielded.
Do let us know if they say anything about it, am curious myself as well as I also reported it.

What was their reply?
They first asked for clarification and then asked for a save file afterwards. Only thing is that I use mods so dunno if that'll effect how they review my save file. They aren't much (I think the only thing I have altering Vs appearance is the cyberarms patch that makes it so male v uses male v- sized gorilla arms instead of the female V sized arms.
Post automatically merged:

It's not your mods, this has been an oversight/bug since pretty much always.
  • Before 2.0 the Gorilla Arms would change appearance based on the elemental damage mod the player installed as a damage type mod, but would revert to their default white appearance when they're not actively wielded.
  • Since 2.0 CDPR removed elemental damage mods and made all 4 elemental variants their own unique entity. Was hoping this would finally fix them, but unfortunately they still revert back to white default appearance when not wielded.
Do let us know if they say anything about it, am curious myself as well as I also reported it.
Yep, first bullet describes what's going on with my arms to a T. Thing is, the correct gorilla arms are shown when I use them to force open doors. Other people's online behave like this too. So weird that they stay the same for that action but for every other they revert lol. Should also mention that for some reason Male V's gorilla arms use Female V's mesh. Causes the knuckles to sink into the skin.

Top Bottom