Gta vs cyberpunk

+
an article and youtube videos is not reality. Controversy and click bait pays. These are a minority.

400k people asked, 77% think its overall good. check steam, Gog, google.

Scores don't mean much, they are subjective and can be manipulated. Look at what people play. The game is two months old and 75% of the original player base have quit playing. I'm sure you'll say "that's expected for a narrative game", but I doubt that CDPR inteded players to abandon the game after 60 days, before the game is fully patched and the DLC even comes out.

an article and youtube videos is not reality. Controversy and click bait pays. These are a minority.

400k people asked, 77% think its overall good. check steam, Gog, google.

Yup, lemme check steam, oh wait a positive review:

Recommended
1.4 hrs on record

Posted: 10 February
Cyberpunk 77 is obviously a sequel to fallout 76.

Point is, the only good thing about about CP2077 is ( and not THAT impressive ) the graphics but you need to at least have a 2080 super + to make it worth it.
But then, any pc games will look good with a rtx 3090, especially because many previous titles were actually RTX and 4k NATIVE, while CP2077 isn't. Also it's still unacceptable that a very high end rig with a 3090 would still hit 15-22 fps in some section, that's just means that it's badly optimized. It's more like Benchmark 2077 at the moment.
Once you take away the graphics, the game rapidly falls apart. Cringy dialogues, repetitive radiant quests, empty world, bugs and glitches ( some still gamebreaking ), no real freedom, outdated and uninspired perk system, glitchy melee combat and non existent - AI.
Also, I'd like to remind some of you that gta 5 is more than 7 years old now and still holds up.

Scores don't mean much, they are subjective and can be manipulated. Look at what people play. The game is two months old and 75% of the original player base have quit playing. I'm sure you'll say "that's expected for a narrative game", but I doubt that CDPR inteded players to abandon the game after 60 days, before the game is fully patched and the DLC even comes out.
its ridiculous to talk about how many people like the game, then dismiss a large set of data that answers the question, in favor of smaller sets of data that are more prone to manipulation.

the game's story takes about 45 hours if you do side stuff, barring dlcs, its pretty much as expected. The dlc was supposed to come out within a month, thats their own fault.

yes the reality is that many people don't play a narrative video game they buy for months with no new content
Post automatically merged:

Yup, lemme check steam, oh wait a positive review:

Recommended
1.4 hrs on record

Posted: 10 February
Cyberpunk 77 is obviously a sequel to fallout 76.

Point is, the only good thing about about CP2077 is ( and not THAT impressive ) the graphics but you need to at least have a 2080 super + to make it worth it.
But then, any pc games will look good with a rtx 3090, especially because many previous titles were actually RTX and 4k NATIVE, while CP2077 isn't. Also it's still unacceptable that a very high end rig with a 3090 would still hit 15-22 fps in some section, that's just means that it's badly optimized. It's more like Benchmark 2077 at the moment.
Once you take away the graphics, the game rapidly falls apart. Cringy dialogues, repetitive radiant quests, empty world, bugs and glitches ( some still gamebreaking ), no real freedom, outdated and uninspired perk system, glitchy melee combat and non existent - AI.
Also, I'd like to remind some of you that gta 5 is more than 7 years old now and still holds up.

still gave it thumbs up. So I guess for that guy graphics are a hell of a drug

1) immersion is about how much it feels like a city to me. The amount of npcs and their random convos going about their business is more immersive to me.

I'm not saying more of those features wouldn't be good, but I'd still rather play cyberpunk without that, than gta with that. If those things are the most important part of the game for you, then gta is better, but they aren't for me.

But that's only what the game has beside some k story.
It gets old really fast.
Then your left with the lackluster gameplay, empty world, braided AI, nothing to do beside quests, bugs, crashes, bad performance.

It's not much.

The comparison, for me, is more or less like trying to equate, for the purpose of criticism, an elephant with a Lettuce Foot ... the common thing, of both, is that they are on Earth ...

That is a comment almost worthy of Douglas Adams (Hitch Hikers Guide..) bless him...

San Andreas is an old game. Lot's of ideas, all horribly executed aside already established mechanics.
Still no one wants to compare CP's combat system nor do they wish to compare the mission structure.
In fact, I don't see any one compare another game to CP's strengths period. Very few videos on Youtube
are proper journalism. Mostly clickbait confirmation bias videos to capitalize on vitriol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think cyberpunk was too GTA Style! Drugs, hookers, gang wars and the police was working!

Maybe they had the fear that cyberpunk looks just like an better GTA Clone.

And the story was to linear, arasaka or solo ending.

So they made it more like the Witcher.

Because you see it all, drug dealers, hookers and bitches, gang wars but they took out the drugs and that massed it up

Corrupt database

In what ways? GTA literally does everything better. And it came out years ago. Whilst GTA has been out for years, so you can't really compare the amount of content...You can objectively point out that GTA was released with better physics, ran better on consoles, and a boat load of more content.
Player and NPC movement and animation was better. Shooting was better. The fact that you didn't have to choose dialogue options for no reason is better. GTA is just objectively better in every way. I even enjoy GTA story a lot more.

I don't understand all the praise for graphics. Graphics in the game is very uneven - yes, it looks good in the middle of the metropolis. Should you venture to the water areas and to the outside (beyond city walls) then it looks like a game out of 2010. Water implementation, the wasteland etc. are by far not the best vs other modern RPGs including open world varieties. Only urban side is ok - the rest is rather average if not poor.
I don't find the graphics that great either. Everything shines and looks artificial to me. The Cars especially look odd. Not sure what looks so good that my gtx 1080 can only manage 45fps on medium at 1440p. Its just bad optimization IMO

Last edited:
Player and NPC movement and animation was better. Shooting was better. The fact that you didn't have to choose dialogue options for no reason is better. GTA is just objectively better in every way. I even enjoy GTA story a lot more.

objective: expressing or dealing with facts or conditions as perceived without distortion by personal feelings, prejudices, or interpretations

subjective: : arising out of or identified by means of one's perception of one's own states and processes

objective: expressing or dealing with facts or conditions as perceived without distortion by personal feelings, prejudices, or interpretations
Correct, I bought both games and I don't work for either company. The fact is that GTA has better animations. When I walk up to an NPC and punch them in the face their hat might fly off, they actually react like they have been punched. Punch an NPC in cyberpunk... like I said OBJECTIVELY better.

GTAIV/V has a physics engine called Euphoria which is owned I believe by Rockstar.
That physics engine was developed over many years. So no, CP does not have an advanced
physics engine they developed over the course of god knows how long.
You're also comparing apples to oranges. CP is first person, GTA IV is not, V is but was
never designed around that; which is why it feels awkward and sluggish and really can't be played in this
perspective for long as many systems break in this perspective.

Here's some objective ways CP is better than GTA game mechanics wise.

Traversal - You can turn off the hud completely and the way point markers or even street signs
will direct you where you need to go. Also, the city itself is designed in a more believable manner. GTA's cities
are flat by contrast and feel very fake compared to Night Cities multi layered approach.

Player choice/mission design - Every mission in GTA is predetermined before you ever begin. If you step one inch out of that intended design you will fail that mission. CP allows multiple ways to accomplish a mission and does not punish you if you screw up. Instead, most missions will continue resulting in a small change to the story or questline.

Combat - Because of the Euphoria system, control never feels tight and responsive. You can shoot, or hide behind cover. AI doesn't have a line of site or awareness system so advanced tactics don't work.
In CP there're many ways to approach combat because they operate on a multi tiered system. They can lose sight of you, go blind, deaf, you can lure them to each other. There's multiple ways to approach a situation. There's simply not even a fraction of the choices when talking about GTA combat. It's very one note.

Sound design - GTA has pretty decent sound design but weapons and cars don't have the detail CP has.
CP cars will downshift when you brake, and all the weapons have a real punch when you fire them. The guns in GTA sound generic by comparison and never have that meaty feeling you get in CP.

Well there you go, all objective examples.

Correct, I bought both games and I don't work for either company. The fact is that GTA has better animations. When I walk up to an NPC and punch them in the face their hat might fly off, they actually react like they have been punched. Punch an NPC in cyberpunk... like I said OBJECTIVELY better.
Also, how is this proof of better animation? That's a better example of a better physics system if anything.

GTAIV/V has a physics engine called Euphoria which is owned I believe by Rockstar.
That physics engine was developed over many years. So no, CP does not have an advanced
You're also comparing apples to oranges. CP is first person, GTA IV is not, V is but was
never designed around that; which is why it feels awkward and sluggish and really can't be played in this

Traversal - You can turn off the hud completely and the way point markers or even street signs
will direct you where you need to go. Also, the city itself is designed in a more believable manner. GTA's cities
are flat by contrast and feel very fake compared to Night Cities multi layered approach.

Player choice/mission design - Every mission in GTA is predetermined before you ever begin. If you step one inch out of that intended design you will fail that mission. CP allows multiple ways to accomplish a mission and does not punish you if you screw up. Instead, most missions will continue resulting in a small change to the story or questline.

Combat - Because of the Euphoria system, control never feels tight and responsive. You can shoot, or hide behind cover. AI doesn't have a line of site or awareness system so advanced tactics don't work.
In CP there're many ways to approach combat because they operate on a multi tiered system. They can lose sight of you, go blind, deaf, you can lure them to each other. There's multiple ways to approach a situation. There's simply not even a fraction of the choices when talking about GTA combat. It's very one note.

Sound design - GTA has pretty decent sound design but weapons and cars don't have the detail CP has.
CP cars will downshift when you brake, and all the weapons have a real punch when you fire them. The guns in GTA sound generic by comparison and never have that meaty feeling you get in CP.

Also, how is this proof of better animation? That's a better example of a better physics system if anything.
GTA V does have first person actually no mod required. Animation is the movement of the NPC not the physics. Like I said, try punching somebody in CP you get the same dull sound and lack of feel with the same animation from V and the NPC every time. In GTAV it actually looks and feels real. There are several animations that the NPC can perform like getting knocked out cold, squaring up, pulling a gun or running away in fear. In CP its just the same dull animation every time. I don't see how that can be subjective unless someone genuinely prefers the dull animation in CP. The cars in GTA have tons of realistic detail in the cars even convertibles that you can put the top up and down. It isn't subjective at all really.

Pointless comparison. I`m happy that CP2077 is not GTA, with all his glitches and problems but I understand people who would like it to be like that. Its just a matter of what do you expect from a product.

What Ive found in CP2077 and havent found anywhere else is really strong connection with some NPC as well with main character on his road to survival. There is cinematic and dramatic standard in it which no way I would find in GTA - and by that I mean how NPC talks, the general design and music which can bring tears in some moments.

This is one of a few games where I had to make hard decisions and contemplate about some stuff. It touches few very deep subjects which are milion miles away from what we have in GTA.

And I would not change it with better police system, physics or anything like that. GTA in Cyberpunk world would not interest me at all.

At the end I know GTA will be more popular because its for a much wider audience and thats OK. I`m very happy that CDP made a game for a dinosaurs like me.

Sound design on the other hand is entirely subjective but CP is not that great. Lots of scenes where sounds are missing entirely like car doors shutting. I prefer the shooting in GTA and the AI is better as well.

I would like to see some of GTA's open world elements incorporated into Cyberpunk. I would like them to improve Cyberpunk's other elements, and maybe add some more story branches.

GTA V does have first person actually no mod required. Animation is the movement of the NPC not the physics. Like I said, try punching somebody in CP you get the same dull sound and lack of feel with the same animation from V and the NPC every time. In GTAV it actually looks and feels real. There are several animations that the NPC can perform like getting knocked out cold, squaring up, pulling a gun or running away in fear. In CP its just the same dull animation every time. I don't see how that can be subjective unless someone genuinely prefers the dull animation in CP. The cars in GTA have tons of realistic detail in the cars even convertibles that you can put the top up and down. It isn't subjective at all really.
Again, that's the physics system. I just played it to test this out. They rag doll as soon as you hit them. I even had two npcs glitch and rag doll hilariously (unrealistically) 5 feet in the air. You're just not being honest here.

Sound design on the other hand is entirely subjective but CP is not that great. Lots of scenes where sounds are missing entirely like car doors shutting. I prefer the shooting in GTA and the AI is better as well.
You prefer the shooting in GTA? [...]

I think if I’m gonna boil it down, GTA presents an open world that is fun to mess around in, with a lot of different distractions. I think that comes at the cost of having a story that isn’t always as engaging.

CP2077 tells a very engaging story, better than any I’ve seen from a GTA game. I’m not surprised that there is perhaps less variety in what you can do in the city, or less detail in areas where a GTA game might have more.
This is probably because R* have been fine tuning these activities and details (that people bemoan a lack of in CP2077) since 1997!

I would like to see some of GTA's open world elements incorporated into Cyberpunk. I would like them to improve Cyberpunk's other elements, and maybe add some more story branches.
Agreed, I just aggroed the cops and it was hilariously fun in GTAV.
I think the cops system we're seeing right now is absolutely 100% a place holder.
They were working on these systems when word came from the top to finish the game
by holiday. I'm sure a lot of code was left on the cutting room floor. I feel they'll pick
it back up and finish it once the last gen issues has been resolved.

I think if I’m gonna boil it down, GTA presents an open world that is fun to mess around in, with a lot of different distractions. I think that comes at the cost of having a story that isn’t always as engaging.

CP2077 tells a very engaging story, better than any I’ve seen from a GTA game. I’m not surprised that there is perhaps less variety in what you can do in the city, or less detail in areas where a GTA game might have more.
This is probably because R* have been fine tuning these activities and details (that people bemoan a lack of in CP2077) since 1997!
Just played GTAV to refresh my memory. Once thing that sticks out to me is that there's no actual incentive to explore the world. You're never going to find anything interesting. You won't run across some dude in a alleyway with a knife through his
head wondering what the hell happened here. There's a lack of real narrative unless you are directly engaging with the storyline. NC begs you hop around and climb into areas you don't belong. It's a sandbox but in a different way.

If they get even half of what they promise back into the game, this game will easily be GOTY.

Last edited:
Again, that's the physics system. I just played it to test this out. They rag doll as soon as you hit them. I even had two npcs glitch and rag doll hilariously (unrealistically) 5 feet in the air. You're just not being honest here.

[...] This thread is titled cp2077 vs GTA and GTA has better shooting. It is more fun. It isn't CODesque with bullet sponge enemies like CP. I bought both games and played both. I didn't buy CP2077 because I wanted something to complain about. I have 25 hours in GTAV so hardly a fanboy just hobest about what is fun and what isn't. CP2077 isn't fun. It sucks

I actually have twice as many hours in CP as I do GTAV. [...]

Top Bottom