Highlight loot / interactables

+
TL;DR: Is there a way to make loot and interactable icons always show, without the need to manually scan every room?

I like exploring, finding hidden stuff, reading all the shards for interesting lore. Since you can disassemble, there's not much penalty for looting, which is cool. The problem is, finding said loot is a chore.

Here's what I have to do: go into room, scan. It works ok on small rooms. Unless there's any obstacle, then you have to look there, and scan again. Depending on where you are, the screen becomes so dark you can't see anything. And your move speed drops to near zero, so you can't just go into "inspect mode" and analyze the whole room. You have to keep scanning. If the room is not small, as soon as you go out of scan, all highlighted icons that are not near you disappear. So you have to go there and (guess) scan again. Sometimes when you kill an enemy, his weapon drops under his body, and since its view is obstructed, it's not shown in scan.
And let's not even get started on the outside world. I don't even try there. It's amusing, because I received a tutorial message talking about "rare caches" of stuff, that aren't shown in the minimap. So what now? Am I supposed to do a 360º scan every 20 steps or so?

The Witcher games had similar systems of pushing a button to highlight things in the world you could interact with. The big difference I think is that The WItcher was not a first person game, so your field of view was way way bigger. And if I remember correctly, it didn't slow you down, nor darkened your vision as much. The highlight was also much more obvious, and right click was a better button to press all the time. I had no problems with Witcher senses.

Cyberpunk 2077 is amazing, but sadly, this constant need to scan is kinda ruining it for me.

So please, either have an option to show the interactable icons all the time, or remove the move speed penalties from scanning (and the vision darkness), so looking around a room for stuff doesn't feel so awful.

Thanks.

(off topic: you'd think augmented vision could see better in the dark, JC Denton taught me so)

I wouldn't mind this. Just something to have all interactable items you can see always show the little symbol. It's kind of annoying to constantly have to turn on the scan just to be able to spot things if they're more than 3 inches away from you.

Agree with OP 100% ... literally my exact thoughts. It us ruining the game for me as well. I thought I would get use to it, but it is only getting worse/more aggravating.

Little work-around: It's enough if you press scan for a millisecond and things are gonna be highlighted! It's not... much but it does save time compared to holding the button down and turning slowly trying to scan everything!

Little work-around: It's enough if you press scan for a millisecond and things are gonna be highlighted! It's not... much but it does save time compared to holding the button down and turning slowly trying to scan everything!

Good tip 👍🏻 ... thanks! Definitely better than the alternative.

msxyz

Forum regular
I'm tired to constantly pressing the Left button to see items which I can interact with.

Not to mention that the sudden change in brightness each time is tiring. I hope some modder finds a solution because there's so much loot around to pick up. Also, it makes exploration worthwhile.

Top Bottom