Hopefully not stupid enough to jump in bed with Elon Musk or any of his products?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, saw only now the tweets in November where you tagged Elon Musk, the Cybertruck and his GF, and other related stuff.

I REALLY hope you're not idiotic enough to jump in bed with Musk or any of their products? Social commentary in games is fun (as long as it isn't pushing an agenda), but cooperating with a hipster and potentially pushing his products? That would be a dealbreaker for me. And I'm probably not alone in that. Plus if you're going to push any of his products, prepare an EU-wide ban for your game unless you scrap everything of it out...

Edited. -Drac

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, someone really does not like Elon Musk.

I think he's a cool dude, and more importantly, I think his products are neat.

I'm also apparently in the minority by saying I think the Cybertruck is awesome. All new designs are considered terrible until they're not anymore, and it's certainly a break away from the norm.

Will the truck be in the game? I don't know. I'd say there's a 50/50 chance. Most modern city games like to put some sort of Tesla car in-game (obviously not called that for copyright/TM purposes), but for a futuristic title like 2077, it's tough to say. The interaction between the Twitter accounts could just be a joke and not a sign of anything real.

I think it'd be a nice fit, provided some tweaks were made so it didn't feel out of place alongside the other vehicles in the setting.

all social commentary has an agenda, but putting the cybertruck in the game isn't really an agenda so idk why you even brought that up. I hope it's in the game because its a cool truck and fits the world of cyberpunk. Elon seems like a cool enough dude to allow them to do it without having to pay him. Tesla doen't really do advertising and allows their products to spread through word of mouth, so an in game cameo wouldn't be out of character for their company. If that's a deal breaker for you perhaps you're a bit sensitive

I'll buy the game twice if the game got any Elon Musk easter eggs in it just to balance it out ok? lol... What is it with the people that is into the cyberpunk genre that can't seems to separate fiction and reality?

I don't think that the interaction between CD Projekt Red and Elon on Twitter means anything significant. It could just be a marketing stunt to get people talking.

As long as it's just an easter egg and CDPR don't start doing blatant product placement, I don't care.

We already have Keanu, so why not Musk too. Not to mention Asap Rocky, hes famous too!

I dont see why not to use this kind of people, its their debut so it sells for sure. Not sure if this is the path to take for series though, thinking future and such.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom