How do I throw a knife?

+
Haven't played the game since this feature was introduced, so how do I throw a knife? Do I need a particular perk or skill? Do I need a weapon labeled as a throwing knife as opposed to just knife?
I picked up a knife called Neurotoxin, tried throwing it (attack button) but it just slashes.

Another question - are katanas considered knives for purposes of perks that affect damage, etc or are they a separate category of melee weapon?

Haven't played the game since this feature was introduced, so how do I throw a knife? Do I need a particular perk or skill? Do I need a weapon labeled as a throwing knife as opposed to just knife?
I picked up a knife called Neurotoxin, tried throwing it (attack button) but it just slashes.
Didn't a quickly check perks, I don't see a dedicated perk (I could miss it^^)
But can you aim then attack with the knife?
In theory, you should throw it :)
Another question - are katanas considered knives for purposes of perks that affect damage, etc or are they a separate category of melee weapon?
Katana should be affected by blade perks in Reflex while throwing kinves are in Cool :)

I have yet to manage throwing a knife, too. I tried aiming and attacking, which resulted in a stab, but it was at an NPC I'd already taken down.

The knife has a "Return time" stat, which has to mean it can be thrown.

Never played with knives either, but does clicking middle mouse button do anything when aiming/not aiming while holding a knife? In some games that button throws weapons.

No idea what the similar button would be on consoles.

Sild

Ex-moderator
Knives are classed as throwing weapons. For example:

Untitled.jpg

Katanas are not in the same category as knives. To use and throw a knife you need to press the "aim down sights" button then the "attack" button. No perks/cyberware needed. Pressing just the "attack" button will have V just slash with it.

Top Bottom