How to counter Shupe

+
Everyone is complaining about Sihil (rightfully so), but an even worse card imo is Shupe. Either inflicting an endless amount of damage (2 x 9 = 18) or destroying 2 units just like that.

In my opinion it can hardly get more oppressive than that (Sihil at least you can counter with Artifact removal).

So how on earth are you supposed to counter Shupe (except for playing Usurper), the worst designed card in the entire set?

Only way I can think of is to force it out in R1 or R2. I'd mention traps but they're only available to one faction.

TBH I don't know if a single Shupe is necessarily a problem. Replaying it several times is another matter.

Only hard counter is Kambi if your opponent decides to keep it as their last card. I don't know if CDPR is dabbling with the idea of giving Skellige a Thoughtseize-type spell with the expansion in March to interact with the opponent's hand. I would welcome it since they are the discard faction. And so as not to make it too obnoxious the spell or unit could require a Bloodthirst X in order to activate the ability.

2x9?
You mean, once 9
and second time using Emhyr's ability or Renew
Then it is ONE time 9 and the second 9 is another card...

Top Bottom