Human Shield and Consumables

+
Hello, the current gameplay with pistols have 2 options. Usage of covers and dodges, which fairly increase a mitigation chance, which grants a good protection in a gun fight. Another option is to use the perk “Human Shield”, where you pick up an enemy body and use it as a cover, which not only increases your mitigation chance, but also mitigation strength.

The problem with this perk is, that it blocks the usage of every ability and consumable. You can unlock the ability to use the pistols or revolvers, while carrying the body, that's cool. The lockage of the ability to dodge seems pretty logical and fair to me. But the biggest difficulty is, that you can't use any Maxdocs or Bounce Backs, nor the Bloodpump. Because of that, the time, which you can carry the body is not only limited by your BODY skill level, but also by your health, which you can't heal using anything.

My suggestion is to allow the players to use Bloodpump and consumables, while they are carrying the body, without any additional perk. Allow to use the grenades, while carrying the body, tied to “Transporter” perk.

Last edited:
i get what you are saying but you only have 2 hands and one is on the gun and the other is holding a body.
Its why the whole concept is flawed. Its not worth the problems it creates. with cover and a proper approach you never need to take a meat shield

i get what you are saying but you only have 2 hands and one is on the gun and the other is holding a body.
Its why the whole concept is flawed. Its not worth the problems it creates. with cover and a proper approach you never need to take a meat shield
Yes I know, but it is pretty fun, it always reminds me of this scene (with this perk I get 50% mitigation chance and 100% strength). When you use the consumable, V puts her gun away for a moment, uses consumables and takes out the gun again, just like reloading “animation” works right now, when you pick up the body.

Top Bottom