I can't be the only one with massive FPS drops?

+
1.11 messed things up for me pretty bad. I had a fairly stable 55-60 @ 1080p RTX ultra on a 2080s. Now I can't even walk through the mega building without stuttering and seeing my frames drop to the 40s and sometimes as low as 36. I've tried everything.. like setting DLSS at Ultra Peformance and it's still unplayable. Nothing changed about my computer until that patch yesterday. And I can't get rid of this because I'm on Steam.

I have had HUGE frame rate drops, but only while new patches/hotfixes for the game have been downloading (I'm also n a fairly high spec PC). It only happens while patches for the game itself are downloading, not affected while updating other games.

Is it possible that you're downloading a patch in the background? If so, pause the download and see if that fixes it.

I have had HUGE frame rate drops, but only while new patches/hotfixes for the game have been downloading (I'm also n a fairly high spec PC). It only happens while patches for the game itself are downloading, not affected while updating other games.

Is it possible that you're downloading a patch in the background? If so, pause the download and see if that fixes it.

Thanks for the advice, but nothing in my queue. But maybe something else is happening outside Steam. I'll check, but this sluggishness immediately started with this patch.

1.11 messed things up for me pretty bad. I had a fairly stable 55-60 @ 1080p RTX ultra on a 2080s. Now I can't even walk through the mega building without stuttering and seeing my frames drop to the 40s and sometimes as low as 36. I've tried everything.. like setting DLSS at Ultra Peformance and it's still unplayable. Nothing changed about my computer until that patch yesterday. And I can't get rid of this because I'm on Steam.

I also have a 2080 RTX, from 1.1 I noticed an improvement in performance, and in other aspects too much use of gpu.
No matter how much I modified something from the game menu, I did not notice changes in certain options.

After I tried the configuration from GeForce Experience it was solved. It took me as a screen without a border, even if I say full screen from the game, it was what gave me the most drop in fps.

I still think it is a problem with the latest patch.
Still it is not the solution because sometimes it works badly and I have to repeat the optimization.

I also have a 2080 RTX, from 1.1 I noticed an improvement in performance, and in other aspects too much use of gpu.
No matter how much I modified something from the game menu, I did not notice changes in certain options.

After I tried the configuration from GeForce Experience it was solved. It took me as a screen without a border, even if I say full screen from the game, it was what gave me the most drop in fps.

I still think it is a problem with the latest patch.
Still it is not the solution because sometimes it works badly and I have to repeat the optimization.

I've tried all I could with Geforce too. Nothing seems to be working. I'm gaming on a 4K TV, but scaling it down to 1080p because 4K is absolutely unthinkable with this game. And that was working well until now. But now it's almost as if the game is trying to crunch 4K type framerates, no matter how I set my resolution.

Weird, I get locked 60 with my 2070 Super, I do play with out SAA though cause it looks absolutely terrible atm.

I think it was a Nvidia driver update, after all. The last two have seemed sketchy for me, so I rolled back to Dec. Things seem a little better.

Thanks for giving me a reference of other Nvidia experiences.

Played Cyberpunk on high settings throughout December with zero problems.
Suddenly, in the past two/three weeks, I can play smoothly for all of five minutes before suffering horrendous FPS drops and stuttering. Tried everything to fix this, including rolling back my GeForce drivers to the day 1 version, and nothing seems to work.

Lowered all my graphics settings to the lowest they can go and GeForce still says they don't meet minimum requirements.
None of the other games in my Steam library have this problem.
I'm running the game on an NVidia GeForce GTX 1060, which ought to be enough to get at least decent performance. What the hell is going on?!

Hard same on the frame-dropping, only started on hotfix 1.11. I work in gaming, specifically with build testing, and decided to go hard on figuring out what could be messing me up.

I have a rig with an i9-9900K @ 4.79 GHz, 64 GB of RAM @ 3200 MHz, RTX 2070 Super that was running between 60-70 FPS with settings on High/Ultra, 2160x1440, and with DLSS on Quality since launch. I updated to driver 461.40 on the 26th, before the 1.11 patch drop, and had the same performance. Now, once I breach protocol, I drop to about half my framerate. If I just quickhack something or someone, I drop to between 10-12 FPS.

Even running NOTHING in the background -- no browsers, no BG apps, no nothing outside of Steam and Task manager for watching what was being utilized-- will improve performance on settings that I know had been running just fine prior. For a wild hair-up-my-butt experiment, I decided on even lowering settings and testing again. Medium preset, keeping resolution the same. After a quickhack, I drop from between 65-70 FPS to 33-38 FPS. Low preset, same resolution, same quickhack/breach protocol process, dropped from approximately 71-80 FPS in a room, to 20-30 FPS.

It's unfortunate as hell, since the game is utterly unplayable with this much slowdown. Hopefully this is fixed in the next hotfix.

I've tried all I could with Geforce too. Nothing seems to be working. I'm gaming on a 4K TV, but scaling it down to 1080p because 4K is absolutely unthinkable with this game. And that was working well until now. But now it's almost as if the game is trying to crunch 4K type framerates, no matter how I set my resolution.

I did not try it at all but it solved me for another game.
Disable Overlay Geforce or any Overlay menu. (steam,epic,gog)

aid_4228_01.png

Last edited:
Hard same on the frame-dropping, only started on hotfix 1.11. I work in gaming, specifically with build testing, and decided to go hard on figuring out what could be messing me up.

I have a rig with an i9-9900K @ 4.79 GHz, 64 GB of RAM @ 3200 MHz, RTX 2070 Super that was running between 60-70 FPS with settings on High/Ultra, 2160x1440, and with DLSS on Quality since launch. I updated to driver 461.40 on the 26th, before the 1.11 patch drop, and had the same performance. Now, once I breach protocol, I drop to about half my framerate. If I just quickhack something or someone, I drop to between 10-12 FPS.

Even running NOTHING in the background -- no browsers, no BG apps, no nothing outside of Steam and Task manager for watching what was being utilized-- will improve performance on settings that I know had been running just fine prior. For a wild hair-up-my-butt experiment, I decided on even lowering settings and testing again. Medium preset, keeping resolution the same. After a quickhack, I drop from between 65-70 FPS to 33-38 FPS. Low preset, same resolution, same quickhack/breach protocol process, dropped from approximately 71-80 FPS in a room, to 20-30 FPS.

It's unfortunate as hell, since the game is utterly unplayable with this much slowdown. Hopefully this is fixed in the next hotfix.
We can only hope. Glad to know I'm not alone.
Out of curiosity, is GeForce telling you your rig doesn't meet the game's minimum specs?

Dunno i think its a RTX issue, my Rig is an old I73770k 16gb ram SSD on Raid-0 with a Asus Strix 1080TI 2560x1440@165 mostly everythings maxed out except for Motion Blur and runs fine tbh. ingame shot says it's 165fps.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    402.3 KB · Views: 88
  • untitled 1.jpg
    untitled 1.jpg
    422.1 KB · Views: 86
  • photomode_30012021_231301.png
    photomode_30012021_231301.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Playing on PS4 Pro. To test the new patch I decided to shoot up my apartment block!

The police spawned behind me and my FPS tanked hard! Being on a console I have no way of knowing what my FPS actually was (no way I know of, anyway) but I'm pretty sure it went into the single figures at that moment!

We can only hope. Glad to know I'm not alone.
Out of curiosity, is GeForce telling you your rig doesn't meet the game's minimum specs?
It's actually more-or-less telling me the opposite. When I've optimized, it sets Ray Tracing on, whole nine yards. Nothing about not meeting minimum specs at all, annoyingly enough.

That said, may have found one thing that's fixed it (at least for RTX cards). Changing my DLSS settings to "Balanced" or below has fixed a lot of the framerate drops. Also, went more extensive on which particular quickhacks messed me up the most, and above all, "Sonic Shock" messed me up the most.

It's actually more-or-less telling me the opposite. When I've optimized, it sets Ray Tracing on, whole nine yards. Nothing about not meeting minimum specs at all, annoyingly enough.

That said, may have found one thing that's fixed it (at least for RTX cards). Changing my DLSS settings to "Balanced" or below has fixed a lot of the framerate drops. Also, went more extensive on which particular quickhacks messed me up the most, and above all, "Sonic Shock" messed me up the most.
Ah, glad that's somewhat worked out for you then. I'm just completely at a loss. Really put out because I just want to play the game but right now its nigh on impossible. Tried rolling back my Nvidia drivers to the release day version and its still telling me my card doesn't meet the minimum requirements for optimization.
I have no idea what to do at this point. Guess I just have to sit and pray.

Ah, glad that's somewhat worked out for you then. I'm just completely at a loss. Really put out because I just want to play the game but right now its nigh on impossible. Tried rolling back my Nvidia drivers to the release day version and its still telling me my card doesn't meet the minimum requirements for optimization.
I have no idea what to do at this point. Guess I just have to sit and pray.
I honestly wish I'd kept my own 1060 that I had on my last rig; could've at least tested to see if it received the same error message of not being the minimum requirements -- especially since a 1060 is enough, according to CDPR, for 1080p:

Cyberpunk 2077 Recommended PC: 1080p High
One possibility, if nothing else, may be to try uninstalling your drivers entirely, reinstalling them, and giving it another shot 'til they release another hot patch, or something. Still, wishing you luck all the same!

I honestly wish I'd kept my own 1060 that I had on my last rig; could've at least tested to see if it received the same error message of not being the minimum requirements -- especially since a 1060 is enough, according to CDPR, for 1080p:

Cyberpunk 2077 Recommended PC: 1080p High
One possibility, if nothing else, may be to try uninstalling your drivers entirely, reinstalling them, and giving it another shot 'til they release another hot patch, or something. Still, wishing you luck all the same!
Yeah, might try this, though I'm a bit sceptical about using DDU since I don't have an external harddrive to save things to and I'd really rather not accidentally destroy everything.
Do you think just uninstalling Nvidia using the remove programs function on windows 10 might be enough? Its also recommended not to use GeForce but I don't know how much bearing that has on the issue.

EDIT: Forgot to ask, does anyone have any idea what it means when it says to move your Nvidia driver installer somewhere 'more accessible'? What counts as more accessible?
https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kaylnw

Top Bottom