If your looking for a blast from the past to play while we wait on TW2

+
If your looking for a blast from the past to play while we wait on TW2

Ive gotten re-addicted to the very first MMORPG ever made! ;)Some old online freinds that loved the original Neverwinter Nights so much they have spent the last decade + recreating it from the ground up.The end result?http://www.forgottenworld.comThe names are changed but the content, the fights, the quests, its all the same as the original NWN :)And best of all, its free (though donations to help pay for server and bandwidth, if you find yourself playing it, are well received of course, but not mandatory hehe)Anyways, I been fooling around in it every night with a couple other folks. Sadly the old community is no longer there so the game needs people badlyBut if your hurting financially after X-Mas (like me), want a blast from the past (either remember the old gold box games and want a trip down memory lane or just want to see what we played back in 1991, so you can say you tried the first ever MMORPG to hit the market). Drop by and give it a try.Rod and them worked hard on this in their spare time and would be a shame if some folks didnt get to experience it, even if only for abit. Dont expect this to replace any modern game, it will not, but doesnt mean its not fun and interesting.Any ways, if your bored, find you want to waste some time, give it a try. Who knows, you might get drawn in to its simplisity. Personally I STILL MAINTAIN that PVP in this game is more tactical and strategic then anything you find online or off today! It doesnt have the graphics, its turned based, but you will find yourself defending, thinking, utilizing movement, and maintaining spells as you cant jjust blow off your spells and regain mana (this is based off 2nd edition AD&D where you memorize your spells rather then cast using mana so you will only have a few fireballs/lightning bolts and you will have to know when to cast what and where).hehe, hope to see some folks giving it a try. the remaining people there are all adults and excellent quality people :)If not, thats ok to, thought id make the offer as its free and im all alone at times! :)PS: Seriously, fans of the old Gold Box Games by SSI and TSR should visit, if for no other reason to have that walk down memory lane! heheh :)LOL, I know ill be taking a break when TW2 comes out there! hehePS: If you do decide to waste some time there and need a hand, just give me a shout in this thread or on the FW forums! Ill check both daily just to be sure :)

Top Bottom