Immersion breaking stuff I found... other than bugs, crashes, glitches.

+
I have about 30 hrs in the game. I'm playing on PS5 so its backwards combability version and not next gen. Experience may vary. Here are some thing I find annoying/immersion breaking:

- Cops spawn right on top of you when you commit a crime. You can be in a closed room or area and cop will spawn right in front of you and start shooting. (They do not attempt to arrest or interrogate like it was promised)
- Cops leave you alone after like a 10 seconds chase, most times they don't even bother chasing.
- In racing side quests, cars that are loosing rubber band to the front and even past you. Literally was in 1st place and 2 cars rubber banded to the corner ahead of me.
- LifePath doesn't matter. After the 20 minutes intro everyone starts treating you like a Street Kid and ignore your past. Your past doesn't affect quest outcomes or interaction with characters.
- Food & Drink bonuses are negligible, quite useless.
- The in-game economy is unbalanced. You can buy a gun for 20k and the moment you buy it the guns value goes to like 150. Quest do not pay well enough to be able to afford cars, you can use exploits but to legitimately afford some of them you will have to grind half the game.
- Driver AI doesn't know what to do the moment you put something in front of them like a car or yourself.
- The animations at the start of them game, like at ripper doc when Vic gives you first implants are useless, because after that scene its just normal shop without animation.
- Driver AI drives very slow, not even posted speed limit.
- You can steal LITERALLY EVERYTHING INCLUDING MONEY from anyone and they do not mind, even though some items are highlighted Red and some White leading me to believe stealing mechanic was in the game at some point.
- Guns don't jam or break down.
- NPC do not have their own "daily routines" like it was promised in NCWires through the whole "Breathing living city" hype. There are literally NPC that look and sound the same talking to each other (They don't actually talk, just stand and stare at each other while making hand movements)

It's disappointing that stuff that was promised is not in the game, I can overlook Bugs, Glitches, Crashes but when features that they were hyping up in Night City Wires aren't even in the game that's just straight up lying. The game so far feels like it belongs in Steam Early Access instead of being fully priced AAA game that is out and completed. I blame gamers who complained about delays.

Add more if I missed anything, or correct me If I got something wrong.

Last edited:
All good points, but I think the non-glitch feature that hurts immersion most for me personally is the way non-quest NPCs all treat you like 'why the hell are you talking to me?' - no matter how high your "street cred" gets, their attitude towards you never seems to change.

no matter how high your "street cred" gets, their attitude towards you never seems to change.

Yea that too! Your street cred is just a useless stat, doesn't do anything other than throw more similar quests your way lol At least in games like Skyrim guards recognized you as dragonborn after you became one.

Also, regarding your point about street racers rubber banding ahead of you when you should be safely in the lead - I also noticed if you fall behind too far, cars obviously slow down so you can catch up. It's like they're artificially forcing it to be a close race for the sake of the quest's narrative.

you fall behind too far, cars obviously slow down so you can catch up. It's like they're artificially forcing it to be a close race for the sake of the quest's narrative.

I didn't know that, now I gotta try it lol That's just silly if true lol

Good day, all. I was just coming to bring up my issues with the immersion breaking jank in this game, but wasn't allowed to because I'm not normally a forums person. Hope you'll permit me to place this here, because I found many of CDPR's everything and the kitchen sink decisions to be immersion shattering in weird ways.

Life paths, just shouldn't have been a thing. The single worst game breaking moment for me was that dissonance between the story character and the character sheet character. Story V is aggressive, brash, irrational and niave. so why am I allowed to make a character sheet that says she's collected, quick thinking, and experienced?
Ending act 1, and my V has high Reflexes, Int, and Cool with a background as a Corporate counter intel agent. This seriously suggests that she should know when she's about to get screwed over. But she doesn't know what to expect from the other corporate agents who are giving her jobs, and doesn't act as though she knows the mission she was on went tits up at the end of act 1.

The whole looter shooter style is just terrible for immersion into a supposedly deadly world. Poorly maintained guns are inaccurate due to dirt or poor zeroing of sights, they're prone to jamming and misfiring. Poorly maintained or low quality guns aren't less deadly if you're in the line of the bullet, just because this part of the map people are level 12, but your gun's level 9.
Worse still, V the corporate counter-intel operative is running around dressed like a street thug because wearing baggy pants, a torn tank top, a bandanna and a kabuki mask offers more physical protection than wearing full ballistic resistant tactical armor or an advanced polymer kevlar weaved suit. Why? because the tactical armor isn't purple, and it's level 7 instead of level 12. Deeply dissappointed that this is the way the Devs went instead of building better scenarios.

Johnny Silverhand exists. Full stop.

Go into story mission area, "We have a strict no guns, no knives policy, but the motorized swords implanted in your forearms don't apply to this rule"

The total lack of either public transportation, or traffic congestion in night city. I know it's graphically intensive to have a bunch of cars instead of empty streets, but really, did this whole highway system get build so that gang leaders could have a private word with prospective talent from time to time?

The lack of random gang fights in contested territories, or domestic disturbances for a city the size of SF with more than 7000 annual homicides.

I'm disappointed to say that CDPR just dropped the ball with the immersion throughout this game, even if you exclude the bugs.

I find it silly that there is literally 0 effort put into the bounty system with cops and gang members. The very first teaser of the game was about cops fighting a rogue cyborg. As much as I loved the main campaign (minus the ending), I feel like this game could have benefited a bit more with focus on sandbox features and less on a linear story.

Streer cred is reputation, it unlocks more items to purchase, that's its function.

You unlock cars doing side quests, there are Atleast r cars you can get for free, including a super car.

Reward from side quests increases with difficulty.

Wanted system needs work if it's going to stay, police need to be harder not impossible and the bounty system should include you, someone should be able to put bounties on you. Cop should spawn off screen. Gangs should have their own wanted system, they sends their enforces after you as well when you kill to many, permanent notoriety would be good.

Food and drink need a more defined purpose.

Guns of higher rarity sell for more.

Why are guns supposed to jam and breakdown when they are already meant to be replaced and upgraded often?

I'm good with ripper docs being the way they are with the exception of limbs, when you equip cyberware limbs for the fire time there should be an animation for each, similar to when you equip a gun for the first time.

I hate racing in games, so I can't comment, you could tell me it's gtan turisomo level good and I wouldn't care because I'm not going to doo it.

I'm good with ripper docs being the way they are with the exception of limbs, when you equip cyberware limbs for the fire time there should be an animation for each, similar to when you equip a gun for the first time.
I personally would like to have a little animation at least where the cyberware window comes up after you sit into the chair.
And yeah, each major limb and major implant unlock imo should have a more elaborate animation. Not necessarily afterwards when you just switch them out.

Top Bottom