Legendary clothing crafting spec not appearing on vendors after first visit

+
Managed to buy two on first visit went back later to buy more and after many reloads and time skips no crafting specs appeared in store. It's bad enough there are so few craftable legendary clothes even with them.

Edit: Just tried the shop in corpo plaza and exactly the same problems. Also the problem isn't just Legandary spec appearing, Never seen a single crafting spec in their inventory. But it seems to be triggered by buying a legendary spec.

Last edited:
Yes, there's a known issue where (EDIT: clothing) crafting specs only show the first time you visit any vendor.
Whats worse is it's random which ones from their stock are shown, do you have to save scum to get a particular one.
I only found out many many hours into to the game so who knows what I've missed.

Last edited:
Huge mistake to go and talk to NPC's in this game... If you have talked to the clothing shop people you won't see any legendary armor crafting specs... Shame I found this after talked to everyone and got money to actually buy them.

You miss them if you don't buy them on first visit. You can make save before and reload that until multiple specs are in sale but it's random, so even in best case you will miss some.

it is not caused by buying a legendary simply interacting with store. i cannot believe this man. i saved up 150 k and went to get epic clothing, looked in a few stores and then went back next day (5-6 hours progress) and couldnt see any crafting specs. skipped a week in time day by day and nothing. thought, this cant be a bug right, google and here i am. unbelievable

Yes this really shat me in my playthrough as crafting was one of my main focuses.

How could something so obvious pass testing, then again it's only one of thousands of bugs this game was released with.

Yes this really shat me in my playthrough as crafting was one of my main focuses.

How could something so obvious pass testing, then again it's only one of thousands of bugs this game was released with.
I gave up on trying to craft clothes (for now). I hunted down every legendary schematic and there really weren't all that many and they looked like a$$ when i tried to match up an outfit.
Try hunting down one of the existing sets of legendary clothes... at least they will match. (rockergirl is my fav.)
Save just before you view the loot so you can reload until you get the stats you need.

Last edited:
What worse is, some clothing from these vendors really looks good. I hope in the future they remove that random features and make it 100% available. People will do save reload and time skip if its random. And now for this bugs, many I saw are using mods to unlock crafting spec. I always use photo mode and I'm really picky about what to wear, so this bug are totally one of my biggest issue so far. I don't mind flying or exploding car, but no fashion is not acceptable.

TBH I really don't get why clothes crafting specs are so restricted. Once you have one in any slot the only difference is cosmetic. I'd like to not be dressed like a clown without sacrificing mod slots.

Got a feeling the answer to this problem is come back in three years when the game is finished.

All the legendary crafting blue prints ive come across are not Unique items.

So just buying the green and blue ones should suffice if you have the upgrade perk. Once you craft one of the lessers, the next tier becomes available of the weapon.

I could be wrong, but thats how its been working for me.

All the legendary crafting blue prints ive come across are not Unique items.

So just buying the green and blue ones should suffice if you have the upgrade perk. Once you craft one of the lessers, the next tier becomes available of the weapon.

I could be wrong, but thats how its been working for me.

That is not how it works. For a lot of Iconic gear crafting an Epic version unlocks the Legendary Spec (some cap out at Epic so no spec is unlocked). For normal items specs are specific to the tier you get them, crafting them does not unlock higher tiers, you have to acquire those separately. There are a few generic weapons you can not craft legendary versions of and in most cases an iconic variant which is pretty similar, which isn't really ideal but not too bad. I've got a bunch of gripes about weapon crafting but it basically works in its current form. For Legendary clothing the available specs are really limited before this bug, and even with the full selection it feels like the ugliest and most mismatched options were intentionally selected for legendary specs. Setting aside clothing crafting is kind of pointless (resource heavy for functionally no better than world looted if you are willing to sit through the tedium of reloads for max slots) there would be no balance issue in allowing any design to be learnt.

This was so frustrating to find out especially after investing so much into crafting my first playthrough. I managed to get enough for a full crafteable set of legendary, but only 1 item per slot. So the lack of options is frustrating for wanting to get the most out of my build. I.e. the perks that add bonuses to crafted items. Hope a fix comes soon! Or maybe a different way to get legendary specs? Or more specs in the world? Idk think ill just not buy things till I get a good amount of Eddie's on my next playthrough. Glad I'm not the only one...thanks chooms!

Pretty amazed that this hasn't been fixed yet... Especially considering how long since this bug was first reported and the sheer amount of reddit and official forum threads where I have seen it brought up.

Definitely sucks for me as I have been taking my time with the game since release, and now that I finally have invested a lot into crafting, I find out that I can't even get any legendary clothing spec's to spawn at the shops where they should be showing up.

A pretty big kick in the ass in all honesty. :/

Hello, I'm reading your topic and I'm a fan of Craft and Perfection. I'm French and my English doesn't allow me to understand the subtlety of your sentences yet, can you just summarize me what's going on regarding legendary crafts please?
Do we still have access to Legendary Craft? thank you.

Only the first time you visit and interact with a shop NPC they will have legendary clothes crafting recipes. After that never again.
Post automatically merged:

Tried to reply as simple as possible. Hope you understand.

Top Bottom