Low GPU usage when streaming with NVENC (Steam link)

+
Hi :)

I have problem with low GPU usage during streaming via Steam Link and encoding with NVENC on my RTX 2060. The usage is around 50-60% and framerate drops down. When streaming is off, GPU usage is 100% and I get max possible frame rate.

Any solution for that? Is it a bug? I don't observe that behavior in another games. NVENC shouldn't have impact for GPU performance.

My spec: Ryzen 1800X, 32GB RAM, RTX2060.

Thank you for help.
Post automatically merged:

As a example Deus EX : Mainkind Devided
There is no problem at all - GPU is going max with NVENC encoding via Steam Link. No frame rate drop down as well.

Attachments

• Screen.jpg
    Screen.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 128
  • Deus Ex.jpg
    Deus Ex.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 122
Last edited:
i have t
1608563985006.png

I have exactly the same problem.
With Steam Link, the GPU only gets a little load.
Without Steam Link the GPU is loaded with 98%.
With Witcher 3 I do not have this problem.
1608564547262.png

Hi :)

I have problem with low GPU usage during streaming via Steam Link and encoding with NVENC on my RTX 2060. The usage is around 50-60% and framerate drops down. When streaming is off, GPU usage is 100% and I get max possible frame rate.

Any solution for that? Is it a bug? I don't observe that behavior in another games. NVENC shouldn't have impact for GPU performance.

My spec: Ryzen 1800X, 32GB RAM, RTX2060.

Thank you for help.

As a example Deus EX : Mainkind Devided
There is no problem at all - GPU is going max with NVENC encoding via Steam Link. No frame rate drop down as well.

Today it is fixed !!!!!!! THANK YOU STEAM !

Today it is fixed !!!!!!! THANK YOU STEAM !
Thank you for info :) I'll check it and let you know if that work. Cheers!

I have checked, and unfortunately in my case, I have still GPU's utilize drop. Perhaps I should update Steamlink software?
Do you have any info from Steam that problem has been solved?

Last edited:
Top Bottom