PC shuts down when starting Cyberpunk 2077

+
Hello!

I've bought the game some time ago and did play a bit, though I left the game as my PC didn't worked "well" with screen resolution (mainly: 3440x1440 with a RTX 2080). In these days I wanted to give the game another shot in window mode, but the things went very bad.

After installing the patches required (via GOG), I started the game only to see my computer shutting down (i.e. power cut off) in the "Cyberpunk 2077" animated logo or soon after during the animated intro, every time I tried to start the game. The Windows Events log is empty, but a message telling me that the PC didn't shut down correctly (d'oh!).

First thing I checked were CPU and GPU temperatures and power consumption at the time of the shutdowns: roughly 70°C, 50°C and less than 50W. That can't be the problem.

I then thought it could be the extreme memory profile I had (OC memory), then first thing was turning down the memory tweaks to the XMP profile, and thus I run MemTest86 for the whole night (12+ hours), passing all the tests. CPU-Z stress test did pass the stress test, too for at least one hour. Unigine Superposition run for an hour in cinematic mode, too. The game now reaches the menu and I can start personalizing the character, just to see the PC... shutdown again. I tried even lowering the memory frequency or highering the timings with no result.

This is my full spec:
  • Gigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 7 WiFi
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G3 (80 Plus Gold 650W)
  • AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
  • BeQuiet! Silentloop 2 360mm
  • 2x 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3600 Mhz
  • MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio
  • Alienware DW3423DWF
Thank you very much for any support...

Last edited:
Upvote 1
Can you check how much power your entire system draws, or (I know it's annoying) can you try mounting another PSU? Usually these kinds of problems are related to the PSU. It goes in protection and shuts the entire system down.

Upvote 0
Hello!

I've bought the game some time ago and did play a bit, though I left the game as my PC didn't worked "well" with screen resolution (mainly: 3440x1440 with a RTX 2080). In these days I wanted to give the game another shot in window mode, but the things went very bad.

After installing the patches required (via GOG), I started the game only to see my computer shutting down (i.e. power cut off) in the "Cyberpunk 2077" animated logo or soon after during the animated intro, every time I tried to start the game. The Windows Events log is empty, but a message telling me that the PC didn't shut down correctly (d'oh!).

First thing I checked were CPU and GPU temperatures and power consumption at the time of the shutdowns: roughly 70°C, 50°C and less than 50W. That can't be the problem.

I then thought it could be the extreme memory profile I had (OC memory), then first thing was turning down the memory tweaks to the XMP profile, and thus I run MemTest86 for the whole night (12+ hours), passing all the tests. CPU-Z stress test did pass the stress test, too for at least one hour. Unigine Superposition run for an hour in cinematic mode, too. The game now reaches the menu and I can start personalizing the character, just to see the PC... shutdown again. I tried even lowering the memory frequency or highering the timings with no result.

This is my full spec:
  • Gigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 7 WiFi
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G3 (80 Plus Gold 650W)
  • AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
  • BeQuiet! Silentloop 2 360mm
  • 2x 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3600 Mhz
  • MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio
  • Alienware DW3423DWF
Thank you very much for any support...

Hello !

Have same issu here since yesterday...
I launch the game and my PC crash during loading screen with CD projekt texts...

I have all the last drivers/update, i can run Diablo 4 (and others games) during hours without issu with max configuration.
I re install Cyberpunk, try to repair files but nothing... I check MS event logs, and nothing really helping me to define what the problem.
I played this game since last week without problem but even i did no update since the last 2 days, i have this issu...
I can launch others games from GOG launcher so i think the issu really depends on Cyberpunk.

My configuration :
  • i5 13600KF
  • Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phoenix GS (16 Go)
  • Corsair Force MP600 GS 2 To
  • DDR5 Corsair Vengeance - 32 Go (2 x 16 Go) 5600 MHz - CAS 36
  • ASUS PRIME Z790-P WIFI
  • Windows 11
If someone find the solution...
Thanx a lot ;)
Post automatically merged:

After several tests, it’s appear that with single screen no crash but when i Connect a second one on m’y second display port, it always crash… i think it's more hardware issu then i will send my GC to my vendor…

Last edited:
Top Bottom