Major Controller issue makes game unplayable

+
So I"ll start off by saying that I play on PC and have verified all the steam files.

I've also verified that my controller is working just fine with other games and was working just find last night with Cyberpunk. I also don't use mods.

After updating today, I've found that I can't move my controller vertically at all. Only horizontally in the menus and the gameplay, making playing the game unplayable with controller and since I can't play comfortably with a keyboard and mouse, I'll be playing another game for awhile I guess. Oh well.

Anyone else had this issue? I've seen it happen in older posts but I don't play with mods, so I know it's not that. And yes, my controller is clean and lubricated (and is working perfectly in other games today to test). Files verified. I've also tried loading an earlier save file and same issues, in fact this is happening in the load menus when I fist log in - which can only be done since I can at least move horizontally with my D-pad. It's not a wiring issue since I play with a magnetic bluetooth controller (and again it's working with other games).

So I'm stuck. Any other suggestions or people have this issue?
Post automatically merged:

and uninstallling/re-installing did not fix the issue.

Last edited:
I am having the same issue, xbox style controller, no vertical movement on left stick, intermittent vertical on right stick. If I enable the REDlauncher in steam, the controller button graphics appear on screen, but if I disable the REDlauncher (via steam option), just keyboard graphics appear. I previously had the launcher disabled, and the controller button graphics always appeared. Have tried different controller setups options via steam and game, but none change anything.

I am having the same issue, xbox style controller, no vertical movement on left stick, intermittent vertical on right stick. If I enable the REDlauncher in steam, the controller button graphics appear on screen, but if I disable the REDlauncher (via steam option), just keyboard graphics appear. I previously had the launcher disabled, and the controller button graphics always appeared. Have tried different controller setups options via steam and game, but none change anything.
Disabling steam game controller (xinput) fixed the problem. It was required previously, but now the game supports my controller natively...

Last edited:

Disabling steam game controller (xinput) fixed the problem. It was required previously, but now the game supports my controller natively...
This did it! Ty!

Issued Solved

Top Bottom