Massive Character Rollback with New Update

+
As it says above, I have lost 70+ hours worth of save data on that has seemingly been rolled back to when my character level was 19. Before the update that character was max level and reputation, and like I said have lost over 70+ of that gameplay. I was planning on using that character for the update, and after being at the point I was, dont feel like having to start all over again. I get that some of the stuff was removed, but it also removed 80% of my saved playtime in the game. Someone please tell me there is a fix for this, as this is killing my drive to hop back into this game, which I had really been enjoying before.

Upvote 0
Not sure what do you mean :(
So your character was level 50, but after the update, it is "only" level 19? But the progression in the story and quests didn't change?
Or you just don't have your save with character level 50?

Upvote 0
Not sure what do you mean :(
So your character was level 50, but after the update, it is "only" level 19? But the progression in the story and quests didn't change?
Or you just don't have your save with character level 50?
I dont have multiple saves that dated back from various levels, including yes my max 50. Now all I have are ones dating back from level 19

Upvote 0
I dont have multiple saves that dated back from various levels, including yes my max 50. Now all I have are ones dating back from level 19
So in short, you lost your last saves? And not a character roll back?
Which platform? Steam/GOG/Epic?
In theory, the game can't and never delete your saves. If your saves are removed/deleted, it's either by you (so I doubt), either by an issue with cloud synch (it's already happened for some on Steam).
At least, check in the save folder if your saves don't appear in the game or if they're not here at all :
%userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077

Upvote 0
So in short, you lost your last saves? And not a character roll back?
Which platform? Steam/GOG/Epic?
In theory, the game can't and never delete your saves. If your saves are removed/deleted, it's either by you (so I doubt), either by an issue with cloud synch (it's already happened for some on Steam).
At least, check in the save folder if your saves don't appear in the game or if they're not here at all :
%userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077
Sure I suppose it was that I lost my saves.
Platform im on is Steam and yea the cloud synch issue has been giving me problems at random for a while now, but ive never lost saves on another game or anything like this. I tried searching and it only brings up saves up until 8/17, but I had been playing up until shortly into Semptember.

Upvote 0
Sure I suppose it was that I lost my saves.
Platform im on is Steam and yea the cloud synch issue has been giving me problems at random for a while now, but ive never lost saves on another game or anything like this. I tried searching and it only brings up saves up until 8/17, but I had been playing up until shortly into Semptember.
Yep, some already have issue with Steam cloud synch... I remember someone who lost years of Fallout 4 saves, his saves just vanished :(
Sadly, nothing that CDPR can do if it's due to Steam, maybe try to contact Steam support in case.
You can also check if by chance, your saves are on the cloud : Steam Cloud Webpage

Upvote 0
Yep, some already have issue with Steam cloud synch... I remember someone who lost years of Fallout 4 saves, his saves just vanished :(
Sadly, nothing that CDPR can do if it's due to Steam, maybe try to contact Steam support in case.
You can also check if by chance, your saves are on the cloud : Steam Cloud Webpage
Will do, I appreciate your help on this

Upvote 0
Will do, I appreciate your help on this
Fingers crossed, you'll manage to find a solution.
Did you use GOG cross-progression by chance?
(it's enabled by default, so if you linked your GOG account to the game, even if it's only to get the rewards, your last saves should be on GOG servers)
If yes, there is chance to retrieve your very last manual and auto saves (the last one you created).

Top Bottom