Frequent flatlines with NVidia driver v537.58

+
Update! Maybe it's not the driver! I've just experienced a flatline after rolling driver versions back! Original post below, but I've just had a game crash using the previous driver version.

Something else I noticed is that the crash is always just as I activate my scanner, which I do quite frequently. I might see if I can get past the catwalk section of this mission with only minimal scanner usage; difficult given I'm playing a pure-quickhack-based netrunner :LOL:

I just upgraded to NVidia Game Ready driver 537.58 before playing tonight and I've experienced three game flatlines in just a few minutes of gameplay. I think that driver version was only released in the past few hours because I don't think it was available to install last night. Previously I've been crash-free in ~50 hours of v2.0x gameplay (clean playthrough which started with 2.0). All that's changed on my system is my driver version.

I've just rolled my driver back to v537.42 and I'll see if that helps. I'll update this post with my results in ~an hour or two. This is an early heads-up that perhaps driver v537.58 isn't so great for CP2077.

For the record, I'm playing with an RTX 3090 @ 2K resolution, with Path Tracing & Ray Reconstruction on, DLSS on Quality mode and VSync on. I've framerate-locked the game to 40fps max though; I get a stable framerate that way without stuttering. That's acceptable to me and worth it for all of the pretty I get in return. I happen to be playing the main story mission "Play it Safe" right now.

Last edited:
In general, you can report issues like that here:

(click on "contact us" to send a ticket, if the article doesn't help)

You could also try changing the graphic settings (Path tracing off...) and see if that does anything...

I'd purge Steam shader cache first if you are on Steam and use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to cleanly remove drivers. DDU is absolutely important when doing stuff with GPU drivers because the "Clean Install" in Nvidia's installation is not actually a clean install, it just resets Nvidia's control panel settings.

So whenever there are issues after installing new drivers, DDU usually solves them instantly by properly purging the drivers and any leftover stuff.

In general, you can report issues like that here

Well, the flatlines were all auto-reported via their crash reporting tool, so CDPR should have all of them.

I'd purge Steam shader cache first if you are on Steam and use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to cleanly remove drivers. DDU is absolutely important when doing stuff with GPU drivers because the "Clean Install" in Nvidia's installation is not actually a clean install, it just resets Nvidia's control panel settings.

So whenever there are issues after installing new drivers, DDU usually solves them instantly by properly purging the drivers and any leftover stuff.

I'm not on Steam, I bought via GOG but thanks all the same.

By way of an update, after I experienced a flatline post-driver-rollback I rebooted my PC. I tend not to reboot or fully power it down very often, just dropping it to low-power standby when I'm done with it. This system will often go a month or so without a 'real' reboot. After the reboot everything worked great and I completed that mission with no further flatlines. So maybe it was the driver update which caused the issues (and rollback & reboot fixed it) or maybe this was all a red herring and the reboot was all I needed.

Take what you will from that.

Top Bottom