Mini-Map, Driving & Navigation

+
So, later in the game when you get contacted to join some street races, you get a shard that provides for you the route for the race you are just about to participate in. This shows up for you, as a line that hovers just above the terrain, showing you where to go.

Why does this 'Augmented Reality' feature not exist whenever you get in a car and set a destination? It seems to me that, in a world of cybernetics and various augmentations, this one would have been a no brainer. At the _very least_ even if you didn't have eye implants the vehicle you are in would have the GPS app built in and it projects for you, the route you need to take.

Having to try to glance at a tiny minimap and plan your route accordingly, only to get the notification to turn barely before you need to make the turn, is silly.

I would highly recommend/request that the route be provided for you in the vehicle as a projection on the road.

Having to try to glance at a tiny minimap and plan your route accordingly, only to get the notification to turn barely before you need to make the turn, is silly.
I completely agree, and the problem is made worse because the minimap is zoomed in too far so you can't see the turns coming. Other games have done the augmented reality GPS thing without even bothering to provide an in-universe explanation, I don't know why it wasn't implemented here.

I completely agree, and the problem is made worse because the minimap is zoomed in too far so you can't see the turns coming. Other games have done the augmented reality GPS thing without even bothering to provide an in-universe explanation, I don't know why it wasn't implemented here.
Forza Motorsport 7 does it best with the onscreen braking and acceleration arrows.

There are way more important things to take care of other than your wishes of a TomTom inside of your car................

There are way more important things to take care of other than your wishes of a TomTom inside of your car................
No one said there weren't but it is a poor deisgn choice. And let's not understate the significance of this issue, either: I for one spend most of my time when driving staring at the minimap so I don't mis my turn. It's sad because I'd like to be able to look around the city as I'm driving through it.

Top Bottom