Moderator Mobidoy Needs Your Help!

+
Moderator Mobidoy Needs Your Help!

[size=12pt]Hello everyone, as some of you already know from other posts or by the link in some signatures, Starwolf, with CDPR approbation, have put up a webpage to collect donations to help me with my help problems[/size]​
[size=12pt]http://thewitcherworld.com/mobidoy.php[/size][size=20pt]Donators[/size]​
[size=15pt]Name[/size]
[size=15pt]Amount[/size]
[size=15pt]Starwolf and her husband[/size]
[size=15pt]Anonymous[/size]
[size=15pt]Corylea[/size]
[size=15pt]Ifayra_na`Elerionn[/size]
[size=15pt]Keymaster[/size]
[size=15pt]Mrmojo14[/size]
[size=15pt]Mercks[/size]
[size=15pt]Petra Silie[/size]
[size=15pt]Mondotomhead[/size]
[size=15pt]Swede7304[/size]
[size=15pt]Daerdin[/size]
[size=20pt]Total amount : 420$ us[/size][size=20pt]Total Paypal Charge removed : 399.58$ us[/size]

Starwolf is the one who had the idea of this fund raising and she also host and have created the page :)Waiting on approbation from other donatorsThank you from the bottom of my heart, i will never forget you.Christian Parent.

Hello everybody,Many of you know or have seen, or been helped by our beloved Community Moderator Mobidoy. Mobidoy joined the Official Forums in November of 2007, and from the beginning was one of the most active and helpful Community Moderators around. He has spent countless hours giving technical support and helping build the community. In May of 2008 Mobidoy disappeared from the forums, due to severe pain in his arms and hands. He was diagnosed with Bilateral Thoracic outlet syndrome (TOS) in August 2008, briefly; it is a compression of the nerves, veins and arteries that goes to your arms and hands. The condition makes it difficult for him to use a regular computer, or even do normal things of daily life like drive, open a jar, or sit at a table to eat. He has also been unable to work.Right now he has a desktop computer but he can only use it a little, because of pain. For Mobidoy to be able to fully rejoin and support the community, he needs a notebook computer, so that he can position it so he can type without pain. Unfortunately, due to the cost of his medications and treatments, he cannot afford one. We are asking for The Community's help in raising the funds to buy him a new notebook computer and pay for his medications and treatments so he can continue his work in our community.If you would like to know more, or can help, please visit the Mobidly Support Page at http://thewitcherworld.com/mobidoy.php . There is a paypal button there, which goes directly to Mobidoy.Note: This Support Project has been approved and authorized by Eriash of CDProjekt RED. All contributions will go directly to Mobidoy, and will be put directly into a fund to help him purchase a laptop computer, and pay for his medications and treatments, so that he can remain in the forums despite his disability.Your kindness and support in this is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for setting this up, Starwolf!Mobidoy, I'm very sorry to hear of your health problems! I hope you'll feel better soon, and I hope the armed forces do right by you.Until you get your laptop, would it help you to sit on a really, really high chair, so that your hands and arms wouldn't be reaching up at all when you're on the computer? Maybe you could pile a lot of books and pillows on a regular chair, if you don't have a high one?

My sympathies Mobidoy, I hope you are able to live out as normal a life as possible despite this condition.I also hope you get the chance to finish The Witcher! Have sent $40 to help you on your way. :peace:

Corylea said:
Thank you for setting this up, Starwolf!Mobidoy, I'm very sorry to hear of your health problems! I hope you'll feel better soon, and I hope the armed forces do right by you.Until you get your laptop, would it help you to sit on a really, really high chair, so that your hands and arms wouldn't be reaching up at all when you're on the computer? Maybe you could pile a lot of books and pillows on a regular chair, if you don't have a high one?
Thank you Corylea for your support (including the banner in your signature) and for the tricks... I will look at it but, i will still need support to my shoulders so i am not sure :) AS i have said in a PM to someone that was asking questions, i really have more pain lately but this time i know why and, i accept it. As i told him, if i have to suffer to be online with my brothers and sisters of this great family, i will accept it and set my mind elsewhere so i wont feel the pain that much.I have started the Tech support again and firing up things and really, i am in such a good mental state that i don't care about the pain or the cold hands.... At this exact moment, i don't feel my ring finger and the pinky in the right hand, like they are not in my hand anymore. Can't use them at all, so i use the index to type. Really, it is not a big deal to me now.... I prefer being here typing with 1 finger than to be laying in bed watching tv and being away from you all.... I don't feel good at all in all this, Starwolf did not asked me if i wanted her to do this.... She decide she was doing it. Anyway, she would had send an army of garden Flamingo to attack and destroy my tank :p . I feel like begging lol. I admire the though tho and the support i get from everyone.
Corylea said:
My sympathies Mobidoy, I hope you are able to live out as normal a life as possible despite this condition.I also hope you get the chance to finish The Witcher! Have sent $40 to help you on your way. :peace:
Thank you very much, i will make good use of it and put you on the wall of honor. What are the standards that explain what is a normal life ? i mean, yeah i do have to change a lot of things, i have to forget everything that involves using strengh from my fingers, hands, arms, shoulder and neck, no more sports, no more driving around to look at the nature, most of the activities we were doing, mostly nautics, i can't do them anymore, i am not even allowed to run (impacts on the ground that resonnate in the shoulders) or to ride a bike as i have to put most of my upper body weight on my shoulders and hands. I cannot take my nephews in my arms neither.... Lot of things are to be forgotten but look at those people in wheel chairs, there are numerous things like that they cant do anymore and they live a normal life :) This is how i take it all and i am good with it :) When i get downs, there will always be someone here that will need a hand and make me see that i still can achieve things in life :)

Well, so far no RED post, but I will personally vouch for Mobidoy. I've been in the forums myself since November 2007, have had a fansite up since around March 2008. I met Mobidoy in the forum shortly before the fansite happened, because I responded to his post about "looking for people who want to start a North American Fansite". Since there were no fansites on this continent at the time.Through Mobidoy I got to know other people, including people like Eriash (CDProjekt RED). and because of the fansite, I have nice stuff like a Witcher Tshirt, and medallion. And a LOT of friends on the forums, that I love.Mobidoys resume/bio is up on the donations page. His forum profile and his over 3000 posts speak for themselves.

i am still waiting on some replies from peeps to know if they want to be put on the wall or be part of the anonymous and i will start putting up names.i will give an update of the Paypal balance every couple days or so.The balance at this moment is of: [size=18pt]105.00$US[/size]see how small amounts can pile up and make a difference in someone's life :) BTW, i did had the question already and NO, you dont need a paypal account to give. Simply go to the link on the special page create by starwolf, enter the amount of your donation and click on
Don't have a PayPal account? Use your credit card or bank account (where available). Continue
further down on the page. I have also given my bank account info to those who did not had a credit card and they have made deposit in it from as far as Germany :)Those small amount piling up are already a real relief to me and make a huge difference in my life and health. Thank you everyone once again

I confirm the case is genuine. Mobidoy is one of the greatest guys i ever cooperated with. I am very sorry for your problems mate:(bests from all here at CD Projekt RED.

Sad news :'( I was wondering what happenned to you, didn't expected such a thing. :eek: The only thing I can do now is to wish you a better (or the best possible) health in the future and lots of happiness, joy, friendship, love and all-the-other-things-that-make-people-happy. :peace:Best regardsStan

Updated the total and formatted the pageI really appreciate all this and would like to put up the name of the donators (or nickname) as a way to show my gratitude.So, when you donate, i think there is an option to leave a message. Just tell me in it if you want to stay anonymous or not with your name or nickname. If you cant do it there, PM me here. No amounts if you want me to put how much you gived, let me know. i will keep this topic up to date with the total amount of money i will have received.For those who already gave, please, PM me with the email you used to give and let me know if you want your name or nickname here or not.Dont forget, even 1$ or Euro, added to the others, will make a difference. You can put a note on your fansite and, if you work at CDPR, why don't you pass the hat in the shop. You could also do the same at Atari, how many hours of troubleshooting have i saved you and, how much have you saved from it :) Ok ok, well, i have tried :)

Thanx Stan, I am keeping a good morale through it. I have accepted it and looking forward.Today i had my evaluation for Pool Ergo Therapy and the Lady that took care of me, really have been honest.She told me that my Pathology was one in the Sexy pathology category. It means that being a problem that is still mysterious, that is not understood completely and that it is hard to pin point the origin of the compression, anyone that do care about his/her profession will be passionate and will love it. It makes them use all they know and even try to push it further so they could make a discovery or at least, find something that would help understand it. But sadly in all that "Professional excitement" those that get false expectations are the patients. Even tho they can help you and can do things that will reduce the pain, it is not a fix and will not be effective for a lifetime. So, the patients are hopping for a complete recovery but sadly, in special cases like mine (where they cant find the cause of the compression), the chances for a complete recovery are almost none to none, cause as she said, miracles can happen but, that i should not build my life around my pain but to incorporate my pain and it's management to my daily routine.This is what i exactly did now 2 weeks ago, i have decide to come back to what i love, being here and helping others to get their computer to run and, deal with the pain. My morale had a huge boost but i must admit that it is really not easy for me tonight to be here and, with all the tests i did today, tomorrow will specially be a hard one. Add to that that i had to drive all day cause my wife had medical appointment too so, i drove to Physio and Acupuncture (15 mins total) and, also drove to the ergo (1:30hours total due to driving) makes it even worst.But tomorrow is another day and i'll cross the bridge when i'll get there.So, I am honored to be back with all of you and i will do my best to stay :) Cheers, Christian

Added Corylea to the list, still waiting on others to see if i do or i dont put their name up.Thank you very much Corylea.Christian Parent

Hi everybody at CD Project Red and all the Witcher fans! :DI'am new on the Witcher forum! Yop, a little message in french for Mobidoy : Nous nous sommes croisés sur le forum dimanche dernier. Je viens d'apprendre pour ta maladie et ça m'a beaucoup touché. En tout cas je suis admiratif devant ton courage, ta détermination et la passion qui t'animes. Je t'ai fais une petite donation, ce n'est pas grand chose, mais j'espère que ça te sera toujours utile et que la communauté va continuer

I am taking the right to reply in french no mather what everyone else say, I AM THE COMMUNITY SUPERHERO rofl :) Merci du fonds du coeur Manu et peu importe le montant, même un simple Euro aurais fait une différence :) Ont apprends du passé mais, nous vivons de l'espoir et, si nos objectifs sont réalistes, jamais ont ne seras déçu. J'ai maintenant appris

I dont know who decide to give me that rank but to be honest, i have to share it with each and everyone of you :) Btw, Welcome home Keymaster, You will be a great addition to this community and if you need anything, ask us :)

How kind of you Starwolf. I truly wish you good luck Mobidoy, but I am sorry that I have no way to donate to you at this point of time. (I lack a credit card or a stable job)I can offer some medical advice from my family, herpetologists. Not sure how much they can help but if you are interested I'd be happy to give you an email. Past that, I'm afraid I cant do much.

McCarrick said:
How kind of you Starwolf. I truly wish you good luck Mobidoy, but I am sorry that I have no way to donate to you at this point of time. (I lack a credit card or a stable job)I can offer some medical advice from my family, herpetologists. Not sure how much they can help but if you are interested I'd be happy to give you an email. Past that, I'm afraid I cant do much.
You know, you dont need to give, it is a nice thing from Starwolf as you said but, only kind words from people is also nice :) Thank you for your support and i wish you to get a stable job that you will love soon :) Christian "Mobidoy" Parent

Top Bottom